FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Not Yet Convinced?

jaggy

Very grateful to the club today for providing 2 complimentary tickets for being a previous season ticket holder. Did my bit and joined Caley Jags Tigether and spent a fair bit in the shop. I am relieved however that I did not buy a season ticket. If today was meant to show case a team with a new style of play and an entertaining game, I am not yet convinced. Conceding penalties, red card misplaced passes, striker who can't strike, it's like where we left off last season. I will be at the Hearts game next week, but happy to be paying as I go.

The team did concede a penalty, a player did receive a red card, and there were too many misplaced passes. That is not dissing the team, it's describing what happened. My point being that I will continue to support the team on a pay as you go basis.

Depends on what you were looking to be convinced about.

For me, I was looking to see a team with a different shape and a bit more potential for this campaign....I've seen enough so far to believe we have that (both from pre-season and first two SPL games).

• Agree 3

I believe the club by offering complimentary tickets were hoping to convince me and others to commit to buying a season ticket. I was at every home game last season so feel able to justify my decision not to buy an expensive ( in my opinion) ticket. I left today with the no real desire to re invest but will continue to support by buying merchandise and paying as I go to matches I can afford to. I admire the fact you can afford to be so loyal.

Wasn't having a go....just genuinely pointing out that different people will be looking to be convinced in different ways.

There's no doubting that football is an expensive pursuit these days and it's unfortunate that some will be turned away for that reason.

I hope that the team do enough to keep those like yourself coming back time and again and paying as you go...if they do, then they ultimately make more than they would have if you'd bought a season ticket!!!

It was disapointing game, however I saw a few positives,

I think the main problem was the team seemed unsure when to press, challenge , or stand off.

I thought the centre backs held the line well, some good headed clearences. The fullbacks I thought wandered out of position too many times.

The Killie goalkeeper made 3 world class saves, Ryan also kept well especially the save from the rebounded pentalty save.

I thought Killie were encroaching on the penalty, I want to see that on the tape.

The whole team looked very rusty, and unsure of their positioning, also they didn't seem to be able to keep a constant tempo, sometimes rushing, and sometimes unsure how to hold up play. I thought the throw ins were awful untill the last sub came on and he slung a long one, I couldn't believe it.

But I think all in all an enjoyable afterrnoon. I would say it can only get better.

I always think the team should work more on set pieces, our goal came from pressure after a free kick.

I was also disapointed with the first touch of a lot of our players Some more work on that aspect in training I feel.

Edited by Laurence

I despair, I really do, we don't need opposition fans, our own will do the same job.

Two games in and the reasons for not going along are getting aired. WTF, County have scored no goals, so what? I ngo along because I support the team. The style of play is just a sideshow.

• Agree 2

With crowds of 3000, what exactly do people expect in terms of players?

Aberdeen, yet to score a goal this season, had 14,000 at a game against a "diddy team".

I'm afraid I am a bit fed of of people coming on and trying to justify the reason for not supporting "their" team. The only ones who have a justifiable reason are the ones who genuinely cannot afford a ticket or cannot attend games (though I would point out that I know three Celtic Season ticket holders who are lucky to manage to get to two or three games a season due to where they live and work).

"For me, I was looking to see a team with a different shape and a bit more potential for this campaign....I've seen enough so far to believe we have that (both from pre-season and first two SPL games)."

Now that is spot on and I have been echoing that, despite what some bitter peeple believe - with a drop of "concern" implanted in it.

I don't think anyone can call following ict boring, I think you could call the fans boring though, awful how of support on Saturday, although to me section e looked like it was more crowded than usual, and the vocal fans were at st mirren in numbers aswell, is it something to do with the type of fan? Have the vocal fans got behind the team and the main standers not so much?

To me it seems like the north and main stand support two different teams. Why is this, is it a class thing?

Im a north stander and I sat in the main stand because of the free hospitality on offer and I hated it. The fans, the atmosphere and the sun burn ( but that's partly my fault use sun cream next time).

Edited by lukemackay

We asked for on the deck football. Cast your minds back to the last 2 games of last season. Midden away and Hibs at home. We played it on the deck and won both games.

We asked for a steady back line. It's early days but the back line looks good.

We asked for more local / north lads. Take a look at the squad.

Back to the on the deck play - During pre-season we played it on the deck. The Coventry game was highly entertaining. The Midden game on the first game of the season was excellent. End to end stuff from both teams and no hoof in sight. First 20 minutes was spectacular against Kille. After that, we didn't play well but we still tried to keep it on the deck and that's us unbeaten in the league in a few games.

We have some entertaining players especially in midfield - Doran and Shinnie to name just two. We have exciting prospects such as Pepper and Oswell.

I can see a greater team spirit than this time last year.

Maybe i've been listening to Luke too much :crazy: but I am excited about the rest of the season.

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 4

Nice to see the Main vs North issuse come up again. I rather enjoyed the view from the Main Stand for a change even remembered to bring my sunglasses, quieter yes but my mood may have been helped by the 4 pints I had in hospitality before. I actually think that the North Stand lads haven't been as vocal since they moved to Section E from G strange as the stewards seem to be leaving them to it these days. Kille fans sounded in reasonable voice considering there was so few of them.

Anyway, North v Main only one way to find out who's best...

post-4861-0-29284800-1344890293_thumb.jp

the main thing that ticked me off in the main stand was the booing owain off the pitch, i even heard one guy shout, ''theres f*cking kids watching'' i know not everyone in the main stander is like that but i just thought shut the feck up you self righteous tw*t. it just felt horendously middle class to me, not my scene at all, probably shouldve moved over to the south wing with the section e lads that sat there for the second half.

its safe to say i wont be spending much time in the main stand for the rest of the season.

Edited by lukemackay

the main thing that ticked me off in the main stand was the booing owain off the pitch, i even heard one guy shout, ''theres f*cking kids watching'' i know not everyone in the main stander is like that but i just thought shut the feck up you self righteous tw*t. it just felt horendously middle class to me, not my scene at all, probably shouldve moved over to the south wing with the section e lads that sat there for the second half.

its safe to say i wont be spending much time in the main stand for the rest of the season.

I understand what you are trying to say, however where is the qualdron of support from the North stand (extending the concept that the main stand is simply for the 'middle class').

For years we have heard about the need for a singing section and the seating policy is the cause behind the lack of atmosphere. If it is indeed the case that the true fans sit in the north stand where is the atmoshphere now that seating has been changed by the club to suit the wishes of the fans?

I agree that some of the things heard in the main stand are ridiculous, however much of what comes from the north stand on many occasions is not much better.

Perhaps the problem is that we are all pointing the finger at others for not being supportive, instead of everyone actually being supportive towards the team?