FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stewarding at TCS

dougal

Now I'm not really wanting to go over old ground regarding the good, the bad or even the ugliness of the stewarding that we experience at TCS, but I can't help but think that our support last Saturday has done us no favours whatsoever

I wasn't aware of this but apparently the security firm that do our stewarding are the same people that do Ross County

Ok I realise it was a minority who tarred the reputation of our support by throwing flares and entering the field of play but the actions of these so called supporters have probably made the relationship between fan and steward a lot worse

My point being we can't have a go at the stewarding unless we start eradicating the bad boys amongst ourselves

Cmon boys let's keep the flares at home and keep to the stands no-one should enter the field of play no matter what the circumstances

Dougal

• Agree 1

I've always found the stewarding at the TCS to be reasonable, hopefully this will continue. Getting heavy handed and draconian can often create as many issues as it solves in my experience.

They weren't flares, they were smoke bombs and from what I gather, essentially harmless.

Sorry mate but having seen the scorch marks on the grass they were not harmless. I must agree with Dougal on this. There is no place for any pyrotechnics in our game. I have a friend who was badly burned by similar smoke bombs and I dont want to see that happen to any of our fans, All it takes is for the thrower to mis-throw and someone gets burned.

Ach stop yer moaning. The atmosphere was incredible thanks to these same people that were throwing smoke bombs. It was a one off. No one was hurt. Move on. Stewarding will be the same as always. We arnt the first team to use pyrotechnics during a derby in Scotland and certainly won't be the last.

Ach stop yer moaning. The atmosphere was incredible thanks to these same people that were throwing smoke bombs. It was a one off. No one was hurt. Move on. Stewarding will be the same as always. We arnt the first team to use pyrotechnics during a derby in Scotland and certainly won't be the last.

I agree with Alex above on this one, we can still have a great atmosphere without idiots throwing anything onto the field including pyrotechnics!

Like Alex, I'm also sorry to disagree - nobody around where I was sitting considered the throwing of whatever it was to add to the "incredible atmosphere" and we were disappointed that our fans would behave like that, particularly knowing that it could cause our club a fine, as well as the safety issue.

There are many ways to show your support for the club, but this sure as heck wasn't one of them. We're better than that, and saying its ok cos other clubs do it is not going to win me over!

They weren't flares, they were smoke bombs and from what I gather, essentially harmless.

Sorry mate but having seen the scorch marks on the grass they were not harmless. I must agree with Dougal on this. There is no place for any pyrotechnics in our game. I have a friend who was badly burned by similar smoke bombs and I dont want to see that happen to any of our fans, All it takes is for the thrower to mis-throw and someone gets burned.

Those weren't scorch marks, they were just powder residue as the items used were "cold-burning".

In saying that, the stewards etc are not to know straight off what the item was, or how safe/unsafe it was to approach and dispose of it...and as such need to treat all such items in the same manner, and that includes dealing with the person/s responsible in the same fashion (if caught).

Members of Caley Jags Together board have spoken with the clubs safety officer and whilst we don't know who it was, we've passed around a message about the consequences of being caught and believe they have reached the necessary ears.

Just so everybody knows...if you are caught in possession of and/or deploying such items at a football match, then not only are you risking a weekend in the cells, you risk a custodial sentence from the courts.  You can argue the rights and wrongs of that all you like...that is the facts of the matter and it's not the clubs or stewards who impose these rules/laws, it's the police and courts.

You've had your "fun", fortunately nobody was hurt/injured (never mind any risk of burning and I wouldn't fancy being hit by an object that size) and you were lucky not to have been caught (yet)....but don't push your luck and let's not have a repeat of it.

ICT is riding high at the moment and there's so much to be positive about that it's almost dreamlike.  We don't want/need anything tarnishing that.

• Agree 1

Whatever happened to the lass that used to be in charge down Section G.
She was awesome with the giving out of sweeties. Not seen her for ages!

Quite a lot about the stewarding these last few seasons has been down to the self policing from the majority of fans, and it has worked a charm. A classic example is people Standing constantly. it's rarely an issue for the stewards these days because it's self policed and it means those who wish to do so now have that option.

It was great to see some of the lads organize that great banner. A fantastic contribution to the matchday atmosphere. (If they ever manage to get it back from it's randsom in Dingwall, it'd be a great feature at home as well as away!). These are the things I like to see. It's a shame a small minority took it all a little too far with the smoke bombs (particularly when we now live in a land full of health and safety rules).

Needless to say, I wonder what the stewards will make of my smoke bombs on Saturday :rotflmao:

Seems not all smiley's work Don, considering the bum-wiggle smiley and a-n-other were added to my previous post.

Oh well, never mind. I'm sure the noises from said bombs will quell the famous TSC silence instead

Edited by Gringo_Jnr

I agree with Alex above on this one, we can still have a great atmosphere without idiots throwing anything onto the field including pyrotechnics!

Or themselves for that matter!