FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Looking at last nights team sheet against Aberdeen, I only see 2 local (although there are a few I'm not sure of TBH), but dont see County as being a team full of Highland developed youngsters. We have just as many young local lads getting chances.

• 25 Brown - no
  • 04 Munro - no
  • 05 Boyd - no
  • 18 Ikonomou - no
  • 22 Kovacevic - no
  • 08 Lawson - no
  • 10 Brittain - no
  • 11 Vigurs - no
  • 12 Quinn - no
  • 16 Sproule - no
  • 17 Morrow - no

munros an inverness boy, they signed boyd from partick, they signed lawson from celtic, and signed vigus from us. so there isnt one local boy.

We're having the best season ever in our short history and I would think finishing behind County would take the gloss off it not so much because of the rivalry but more because 2nd place is ours to lose at least up to the split as no other club has taken the initiative when we had that poor run of results and this will simply give us a points advantage after the split. Priority right now regardless of what anyone else does is claim a top six place.

Yes, it will stick in the craw a wee bit just as it wrankles that they have reached a cup final and we've not,

Maybe it's just me?

I wouldn't swap any of our cup record. I think we have created 12 upsets in 11 years in the lower leagues. Two semis at Hampden plus a replay. Beating Celtic twice. The first time was 10 years before Cownty and it was our first ever season in div 1. More wins at Tynecastle, Fir Park etc. Coming from 3 down to beat Ayr. Reaching the quarters as a div 3 side. Taking DUFC to 210 mins as a div 2 side.

Swap all this for what? One cup run beating Hibs and Celtic to reach a final, and then forgetting to turn up.

• Agree 7

Yes, it will stick in the craw a wee bit just as it wrankles that they have reached a cup final and we've not,

Maybe it's just me?

I wouldn't swap any of our cup record. I think we have created 12 upsets in 11 years in the lower leagues. Two semis at Hampden plus a replay. Beating Celtic twice. The first time was 10 years before Cownty and it was our first ever season in div 1. More wins at Tynecastle, Fir Park etc. Coming from 3 down to beat Ayr. Reaching the quarters as a div 3 side. Taking DUFC to 210 mins as a div 2 side.

Swap all this for what? One cup run beating Hibs and Celtic to reach a final, and then forgetting to turn up.

Don't think there's a conflict of opinion.  I never suggested I would swap our cup history for theirs and I certainly wouldn't - but that doesn't stop it wrankling that they have got to a final and we haven't.

Maybe it's just me?

Our cup record is amazing. 12 'shocks' in our time...and only once can I remember us being 'scalped'. Partick Thistle beat us a few years back. So yeah, we should be proud of our cup record!

Maybe it's just me?

Our cup record is amazing. 12 'shocks' in our time...and only once can I remember us being 'scalped'. Partick Thistle beat us a few years back. So yeah, we should be proud of our cup record!

Ayr United in the league cup last season at Summerset.

Queens Park at home in the league cup a few years back when we were in the 1st division.

Maybe it's just me?

Don't think there's a conflict of opinion.  I never suggested I would swap our cup history for theirs and I certainly wouldn't - but that doesn't stop it wrankling that they have got to a final and we haven't.

No, that's cool, was just wondering what others thought as we have probably never discussed it on here......

What if...................pigs could fly and gold grew on trees????

Personally I dont get my knickers in a swist about how other teams do. Its what we d that matters. Its what we do that will gain us the necessary pints and decide the position we finish. And if we dont do whats needed then we dont deserve the accolades. Simple as.

We're having the best season ever in our short history and I would think finishing behind County would take the gloss off it not so much because of the rivalry but more because 2nd place is ours to lose at least up to the split as no other club has taken the initiative when we had that poor run of results and this will simply give us a points advantage after the split. Priority right now regardless of what anyone else does is claim a top six place.

while we were on that "poor run of results" ross co played hearts and drew 1-1 at dingwall. if hearts had won ross co would have been 2nd bottom.

now that ross co are 4th (were 2nd = with us) i think that suggests that one club took the initiative

Maybe it's just me?

Ayr United in the league cup last season at Summerset.

Queens Park at home in the league cup a few years back when we were in the 1st division.

I'm not including the League Cup in my assessment, only the Scottish Cup.

while we were on that "poor run of results" ross co played hearts and drew 1-1 at dingwall. if hearts had won ross co would have been 2nd bottom.

now that ross co are 4th (were 2nd = with us) i think that suggests that one club took the initiative

So long as theres a goal difference criteria in the league they could not have been 2nd=. Regardless of what the Courier spouts they were third.

• Agree 1

What stuns me is how well they have done as a complete Newbie in the SPL? Must be doing something right. Or just got lucky..The real test will be how they do next season probably.And whether they have the staying power to remain int he SPL and continue to do well.

The very thought that above average players would even consider palying for a team in the Highlands in a town where the population is about $5,000 (?) is incredible.They must be getting a great wage, that's all I can think?

Anyway it is good for the area so good luck to them I suppose.

Usually (Dundee & Dunfermline exceptions) promoted teams usually do ok in the first season, St M, St J, ourselves, even Livi when they made it. Its usually due to the high of maintaining form from the lower league, high confidence and being a bit more physical and IMO it takes the SPL clubs a while to work out how to combat that. Usualy in seasons 2/3 the level drops unless they invest in better players rather than the usual journeymen.

County do have some good SPL experience players and ex-OF youth so probably have a good basis, but I'm sure Roy will be investing more in the team and offering better wages than similar sized SPL clubs. If you consider how he has grown his business empire, he is no fool but obviously has a drive to be at the top and successful - which he is probably envoking in his football club (within measured reason).

What stuns me is how well they have done as a complete Newbie in the SPL? Must be doing something right. Or just got lucky..The real test will be how they do next season probably.And whether they have the staying power to remain int he SPL and continue to do well.

The very thought that above average players would even consider palying for a team in the Highlands in a town where the population is about $5,000 (?) is incredible.They must be getting a great wage, that's all I can think?

Anyway it is good for the area so good luck to them I suppose.

They do always mention and I agree that their support comes from the region also including Inverness rather than the town itself where the football club is based.

I would be surprised if they can mantain it next season as they will be surely cherry picked of their better players in the summer (I know Britton will be away to the St. Js), and as has I have heard on more than one occasion that Derek Adams would be an ideal managerial target for another club such as Aberdeen.