FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee United fans

Never really had Dundee United fans down as being particularly bitter and classless but after having had a look at their forum and seeing some of their comments on Twitter it's clear that a fair amount of them are utter roasters. You'd think they were Barcelona going by some of the "hammer-thrower" comments being directed at our team. Will be sweet to finish above them again this season.

The "When They Visit Tannadice" thread here is a particular highlight/lowlight: http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=196

Just posted the same on the match day thread. Have to laugh at their 'we kicked them off the park' claims...who got 8 yellows and a red?? Must be hard for them mind, watching a world class 'footballing' team getting kicked around every week. I did hear a rumour the Barca scouts were in the main stand checking out some of the DU talent, for when the likes of Xavi etc retire.

Edited by davieB

@ICTFC hopefully next game between us, a united player 'walks past' foran and cripples the horrible little *******! #SisterFuckingGimp

still can't believe some of the comments from the OFFICIAL icy tea feed!!! #RanByAThreeYearOldInbredSisterFuckingGimp

@ICTFC typical sister ******* gimp, thugs r us fc! hopefully the team bus leaves the A9 on your next away trip #YouWontBeMissed

@ICTFC Hardly a battle, was just thugs trying to injure decent players, how much did the ref cost?

@ICTFC Yeah cause all of those elbows flying in from pricks like Foran dont make people fall over hurt Disgrace of a club!

Still down about last night's shenanigans, these refs should be really sorted out @ArabArchive @dundeeunitedfc

Sad thing about last night, the club investing in Scottish football talent 1, the club investing in English rugby players 2, always #P2BAA

"@stephdufc83: 2 new inductees into Scotland's hall of shame. Ladies and gents, I give you ....ICT and Kevin Clancy." @ICTFC

Game ruined by an incompetent ref. Dinnae give a **** what anyone says. As fir butcher he set his stall out to goad utd. Unfortunately...

@pieandbov they deserve **** all with there 20 fans . And 14 players

John Robertson shut the **** up once again

No words for that what so ever. Referees in this country are a ******* joke, Ruin games week in week out

Someone get me on a ******* bus to Inverness to kick the **** out of that ref

Don't mind getting beat fair and square, but this is total joke @ICTFC #fuckingcheatingpricks

Quite possibly the most one sided refereeing I have ever seen. At any level.

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

I see on closer inspection as well, 'Arabsteed' and this Brad fellow weren't even at the game! 1eye.gif

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3

Maybe if the United players had catually tried to stay on their feet instead of going down clutching their faces as if struck at every opportunity, the referee would not have had so many problems. United very very cynical on the night, which I have not seen them do before, so they got what they deserved.

It also finally seems that our guys are getting more streetwise in learning how to deal with this anddeal with the opposition

• Agree 1

How often do we see people falling over in the street allegedly elbowed or punched? The Dundee United players in general - Rankin and Gauld excluded - were falling about on a regular occurrence seeking some sympathy from the referee. Play acting is a major problem for referees. Billy appears to be getting a bit frustrated but I rarely see our players doing a 'Neil Lennon'. On Tuesday a stack of Dundee United players tried this trick. The Mackay Steven fall was directly in front of Terry - a few feet - and the main stand. It was pure theatre and in my view he was the player who started the brawl. It looks as though he was withdrawn at half time probably to stop his being sent off. As for Cuffki, his armlock and hand in the face to the linesman was so blatant that he should have been given a second red card immediately. However, I think the officials were quite stunned by the whole episode.

• Agree 2

I quite like Jackie McNamara, he so far seems to be handling all the pressures well, and doesn't seem to bothered by all this Cefci business.

I must admit I didn't see the player touching the linesman & I was fully engrossed in the melee, it was quite entertaining & enjoyable actually & the game probably needed

that kind of spark at the time. It may be the compliance officer has got this one wrong, or did anyone else see this incident?

I quite like Jackie McNamara, he so far seems to be handling all the pressures well, and doesn't seem to bothered by all this Cefci business.

I must admit I didn't see the player touching the linesman & I was fully engrossed in the melee, it was quite entertaining & enjoyable actually & the game probably needed

that kind of spark at the time. It may be the compliance officer has got this one wrong, or did anyone else see this incident?

Wasnt there so didnt see obviously but I was following the game on twitter and several folk tweeted re the assist ref incident so doubt theyve got it wront tbh. The charges from yesterday have enraged the DU support and its all become a bit nasty and aimed at us rather than the officials unfortunately. 

I'd have to say that attempting to unscrew Graeme Shinnie's head is not within the rules of the game, and any attempt at going for the assistant ref (I've been tempted myself this year! :tongueincheek: ) is liable to be really frowned upon. I've been surprised and really disappointed by the United fans reaction to this, with the majority of their fans blaming Foran for starting the whole thing off when none of them were in a position to witness what happened with him and GMS. It's a real shame, as it looks as if it could blight the relationship that we've always enjoyed with DUFC. I would also caution people not to give any credence to the lunacy that is "United mad" There are few places in the internet poster's gene pool that are as murky.

• Agree 1

The United fans would be better served in finding a Doc at an ENT Clinic to treat GMS's balance issues.

GMS clearly has talent, but that's twice this season against us, he has spent the majority of the time floundering on the ground. Good bet for Commonwealth games diving team/ or part in River City. Man up!

• Agree 1

6hnm.jpg

This is their fans' defence against Ciftci's possible ban. Not very compelling to say the least.

You can clearly see Cifti fingers dug into the linesman neck.  The JFK assassination this is not!

It looks like the guy has just taken his finger out of the left side of the official's  face at the corner of his mouth leaving the cheek suitably holy.

Maybe he was a religious chap trying to impress his faith on his face. The fickle finger of fate, like. :crazy:

So much for that flipping flare-up  :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  fellas; I,m surprised he didn't fall flat on his face,  ffs. :lol: