FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for the final!

Council Juice

Ok very early days but we've got a wee conundrum with both Warren AND Meekings ruled out for the final. So, on the premiss of everyone being available what would we go for?

- Brill -

Raven - Devine -  Tremarco - Shinnie

Draper - Tansey

Watkins - Foran - Doran

- Mckay -

I would not suggest a team yet purely based on how form and injury may chance over the next few wks, but I would hope that Yogi will consider our central defence pairing and at least do a 'trial' run in one or two league games before the final with his desired partnership - harsh on Warren & Meekings but this needs done to ensure we are at our strongest. May also be harsh if we did win a cup with that pair that Warren & Meekings may not just walk back in.

For what its worth, I think we may end up with Devine & Foran in central defence.

• Agree 1

One of these reds was innocuous enough. A wee tug , better described as a hold for a wee 15 seconds, which did not impede the forward motion of the Hearts player as I recall.

In games like this, where stakes and emotions are running  high I feel that the referee should exercise  caution when awarding yellow and red cards. Today he spoiled this game and introduced an element of unfairness in a hard game which I deplore.

That ref did not really have control today and seemed a bit too testy for my taste.

For what its worth, I think we may end up with Devine & Foran in central defence.

Hughes post-match talking about suspensions:  "We can adjust. I've got a very, very influential skipper saying to me he can play centre-half in that final."

Ok very early days but we've got a wee conundrum with both Warren AND Meekings ruled out for the final. So, on the premiss of everyone being available what would we go for?

- Brill -

Raven - Devine -  Tremarco - Shinnie

Draper - Tansey

Watkins - Foran - Doran

- Mckay -

Side note: was that you shuffling along row J - around 80s-90s?

----------------------Brill-------------------

Raven---Devine-----Meekings/Tremarco---Shinnie

--------------Draper...Foran-----------------

Doran------------------------------Watkins

---------------Tansey/Vincent------------

-----------------------Billy-------------------

Na never made it to the game. Was really eager but by the time I got someone to come along I was heading out for a drink and the tickets weren't on-line any more (Sat night) I would maybe have phoned Hibs in the morning if I wasn't so hungover.

Still I think I might be going to the final.

On topic, If Meekings is free from suspension it'll be a god send!

Too early to comment - we don't know what other injuries and suspensions might be with us in 6 weeks' time. What is pleasing is that we have a strong pool of 16 or more players to draw from, so any injuries that kick in will have less impact than recently. The one exception is up-front: not sure we have a plan B there...