FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hearts V ICT - matchday thread

Scotty

Seriously missing Dargo and Wyness.

Charlie should have been seeking out replacement or playing McSwegan from start with McAllister coming on later in game.

Stats were looking good on this game up until goal, more shots etc and possession was greater in first half should have done better with it!

OH S@#, Falkirk just scored! :019:

I can't believe how quiet this site is at this moment. This was another game (like the Celtic game) that we were argueably the better team, and could have won. Craig Gordon, being out for this one might even have counted against us.

I just hope the heads aren't going down here.... losing two strikers of the quality of Dargs & Denzil, at this stage in the season, was obviously going to create problems.

We'll get over this.... The cup-tie with Celtic will herald a major turning point in ICT fortunes....

Caley for the Cup.... :022: :022:

That's me just back, how unlucky were we, that was blo ody robbery !!

The players fought for their lives, they really did deserve more than that.

I don't agree that Charlie got it wrong by playing McAllister instead of McSwegan. Do we honestly think Gary would have lasted the pace ? And besides it's unfair to criticise young Rory, he did alright, was it not him that hit the bar ?

I thought Russell Duncan was superb, Johnny Rankin just behind him.

Fraser, for me, showed that he's definatly arrived, very confident good kicking and unlucky with the goal, Tokely and Hastings were superb although Richard nearly got punished for his possession loss.

Dodds and Munro, especially Munro, solid.

Up front Graham Bayne did the target man centre-forward thing brilliantly, all we really lacked was Dargo or Denzil to stick the blo ody thing in the net.

We were really poor.

I can only think of two good chances - Bayne and MacAllister. The rest of it was uninspiring long ball rubbish played hopefully towards the head of Bayne.

Nest player on the park was Lud-A-Cris for Hearts. He was excellent.

Just back in the hoose after we bevvied our way around Auld Reekie avoiding the Welsh everywhere. Lucky we're safe from the drop as we've got nobody to score goals except the midfield. The game was heading for 0-0, possibly the worst game of the season. If we had Dargs/Denzil instead of Bayners/Rory it might have been about 3-0 as the Jams were there for the taking. Instead we got the long ball rubbish for the whole second half which Hearts dominated without really looking dangerous, after we dominated the first. Possibly **** was at fault for the goal but I'd need to see it again.

I think I deserve a medal for my spelling considering how much bevvy I've had.

That's me just back, how unlucky were we, that was blo ody robbery !!

The players fought for their lives, they really did deserve more than that.

I don't agree that Charlie got it wrong by playing McAllister instead of McSwegan. Do we honestly think Gary would have lasted the pace ? And besides it's unfair to criticise young Rory, he did alright, was it not him that hit the bar ?

I thought Russell Duncan was superb, Johnny Rankin just behind him.

Fraser, for me, showed that he's definatly arrived, very confident good kicking and unlucky with the goal, Tokely and Hastings were superb although Richard nearly got punished for his possession loss.

Dodds and Munro, especially Munro, solid.

Up front Graham Bayne did the target man centre-forward thing brilliantly, all we really lacked was Dargo or Denzil to stick the blo ody thing in the net.

robbed...?  we never deserved to win that!  we were awful front to back with theexceptions of bayne and fraser.

dods and munro, solid, true... but they also punted every clearance aimlessly towards coolio (russel latapy of 10 years ago, great player, dominated us in midfield) and grant munro attempted his party piece with the throw ins again with usual results.. a waste!  most of them came from the right hand touchline (from the attackers perspective) which is a dangerous position, if youre attempted to swing one in or get a corner.  i was waiting for him the whole game to dummy a long throw and drop it at wilsons feet, itll never happen.. pure desperation

rankin and duncan were not superb, they were sh1t, compare them to brellier and kingston who were excellent, they werent in the same league today.  neither even attempted to dominate the central area of the park that black seems to mince into as if he owns it everytime, once they wereon the backfoot there balls forward or down the channels became as desperate and rushed as munros throws.  that said taking rankin off was a mistake.

hastings was solid and covered other areas of the midfield well but couldnt make anything happen going forward as the midfield were all over the place, the moment he lost it and gave them a chance was due to there being nowhere but the touchline to put it, he had to carry it forward.  roscoe was impressive coming forward but lacked the fitness required to make an impact.

macallister did hit the bar with an excellent header but he did nothing else, gary shouldve been given much longer than the 2 minute cameo when the game was lost.  rory did a great hissy impression of sprinting as fast as he could into the corner flag, before giving away a throw in or a goal kick on several occasions.  he was very poor and needs to learn from bayne how to close players down and make a nuisance of himself

bayne, looks like he missed a sitter in the first couple of minutes but otherwise typically solid performance, rarely wasted the ball and chased everything.

sorry i cant see past this ---  "The players fought for their lives" :015: at least we know the identity of christies speachwriter, can all of those who attended the game post 'AGREE' or '  :015: ' to this statement from stevie.  ill start

[The players fought for their lives -  :015:  :015:]

CH2 show me the bit where I said we should have won ?

You really need to read the posts properly before replying  :018:

ICT deserved a draw yesterday. I walked along Gorgie Rd after the game and the majority of HEARTS fans were saying the same.

You're use of the laughing smiley against some of my remarks doesn't bother me, I'll take it like a man CH2  :016:

I'm really not surprised by your thoughts of yesterday's game, but correct me if I'm wrong, you rarely, if ever, give the team praise even after some of the superb results we've achieved this season. Is that fair comment ?

BTW did you really think Brellier was excellent  :010:

From Hearts fan behind me on way out," Didn't think we would lose,... didnt think we would win either!!" 

That pretty much sums up how I felt about us ( except we lost)

Thought Rory was very poor again yesterday. Is it just me or does he seem to give up when he misses or is late for a tackle?  Really wanted to see earlier substitutions, but don't know why Rankine was taken off for Morgan. His free kick was a real waste.

Great singing though !! :021: :021: :021:

We seemed to spend most of the second half giving the ball away.  The passing game that has served us well in recent weeks went right out the window.  Another poor showing from Roy McBain and Russell Duncan was just outnumbered.  High punts to Bayne and MacAllister were mopped up easily by the Hearts defence.  I would have had Blackie and Marcus on early in the second half when we could all see things were starting to go wrong.  We effectively gifted the game to Hearts.

[quote author=RiG link=topic=3062.msg45035#msg45035 date=117121196

We weren't robbed. We got what we deserved. Nothing.

We'll have to agree to disagree here RiG.

As I've mentioned earlier, I heard numerous Hearts fans say words to the effect that they'd been very fortunate to get 3 points from the game, and I agree !

As I've mentioned earlier, I heard numerous Hearts fans say words to the effect that they'd been very fortunate to get 3 points from the game, and I agree !

That's fair enough. I agree with the numerous ICT fans that said we were pash.