FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

3 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

I don't remember this much consternation when Kirk Broadfoot - who was given a 10 match ban whilst a Rotherham player for sectarian abuse of James McClean - signed for us.

Just saying, like.

I think there was? 

If big Kyle does sign will we start to see the union jacks reappear again at the dump and the unsavoury songs from a loud minority?

We do seem to attract has been ex orcs not sure why but maybe that has something to do with the armed forces days that are encouraged and the loyalist marches that have appeared in the city in the past. 

I don’t want him at the club if I’m being honest too much unwanted baggage. 

Dougal

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

It's worded strangely though? Is it a one year deal with option as opposed to a 2 year deal? 

Does it matter?

He's signed, we can continue to rebuild & begin our preseason. 

• Like 1

This is good news!! The squad is still a bit short in numbers so it would be nice if there are some more loan signings in the pipeline and, who knows, other signings. Clarity on a few existing players such as Tom, would be useful before the Elgin game. Training starts today so it is likely the Club will reactivate after the period of relative quiet after the Cup Final.

Mixed feelings about Lafferty. He is a lout and probably not the easiest to have around but I could see him doing a job linking up with Billy. Could be quite potent and exactly what we need. It may only last a few months before summat goes wrong but we could make hay and put ourselves in a decent position. You cant ignore his history and he has had second chances but might it be worth a punt ( an expensive punt as well)?

I dont think there would be significant reputational damage although I note Goodwillie is punting himself globally with no success

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

27 minutes ago, Naelifts said:

I dont think there would be significant reputational damage although I note Goodwillie is punting himself globally with no success

One benefit of our reputation currently being rock bottom, it brings us closer to the dregs without any risk of it getting much worse.

27 minutes ago, Naelifts said:

Mixed feelings about Lafferty. He is a lout and probably not the easiest to have around but I could see him doing a job linking up with Billy. Could be quite potent and exactly what we need. It may only last a few months before summat goes wrong but we could make hay and put ourselves in a decent position. You cant ignore his history and he has had second chances but might it be worth a punt ( an expensive punt as well)?

My concern, other than the baggage he carries, is that he flopped at Linfield when he joined them last season, failing to score. He also seems to be injury prone.

It is a no from me. I’d rather see whether Cairns or Hennem can be a tall partner for Mckay. 

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

4 minutes ago, Robert said:

My concern, other than the baggage he carries, is that he flopped at Linfield when he joined them last season, failing to score. He also seems to be injury prone.

It is a no from me. I’d rather see whether Cairns or Hennem can be a tall partner for Mckay. 

12 appearances and no goals I believe 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic