FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness Caledonian Thistle WFC

IBM

They certainly know how to find the back of the net! Great to see them doing so well and I hope they’re building up a decent support behind them.

Embarrassingly I have to admit I know sod all about the league structure for the ladies, about time I checked it out. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Women will face a somewhat different challenge this weekend – hosting Dutch outfit Leeuwarder Zwaluwen.

The match will take place at the Highland Football Academy in Dingwall due to pitch availability, kicking off at noon on Sunday.

It has come about thanks to a connection through Caley Jags defender Janina Morgan, who is half-Dutch and has connections with the north second tier outfit – step five of the overall Dutch women's football pyramid.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see the Manager and one of the players interviewed on Reporting Scotland who featured Sunday’s game against Rangers in the Cup. It will be a tough game for them with Rangers one of the top three teams and two leagues above us. Hopefully they attract a good crowd. Admission is by donation.

More details here:

https://ictfc.com/matchday-info-ictwfc-v-rangers-wfc-07-01-2024/

https://ictfc.com/ictwfc-v-rangers-wfc-karen-mason-preview/

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

Best of luck to them, it’s a very exciting opportunity to play against a top pro side.

Realistically though, is the score going to get into double figures before Rangers hopefully ease off in the second half? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Realistically though, is the score going to get into double figures before Rangers hopefully ease off in the second half? 

We should be fine so long as we don't accidentally send out the men's team.

• Funny 2

Image9’ | 0-1 Goal. Rangers take the lead through Jane Ross.

Image20’ | 0-2 Rangers double their lead through Kirsty MacLean

27’ | 0-3 Goal. Sarah Ewens makes it 3-0 to Rangers with a close range tap-in.

33’ | 0-4 Jane Ross makes it 4-0 to Rangers.

37’ | 0-5 Lizzie Arnot makes it 5-0 to Rangers.

45’ | 0-6 Goal. Brogan Hay makes it 6-0 to Rangers.

Ended at a dozen. Tough one for the ladies but they'll be back.

THAT'S PLENTY!!!Still Game on X: "Jack, Victor, A meant tae tell y- That's ...

• Like 1

• tm4tj pinned this topic

Very tough game this afternoon and a not altogether unexpected scoreline given the gulf in resources. Fantastic to see over 1000 in attendance though. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

On 1/8/2024 at 6:22 AM, Gringo said:

Hope the result doesn't shatter their confidence. 

I hope not Gringo their next league game is away to Ayr on 21st January, I hope they are back scoring goals again.

Ayr Utd v ICTWFC.png

• Agree 1

On 1/8/2024 at 6:22 AM, Gringo said:

Hope the result doesn't shatter their confidence. 

I hope they’ve learned from the experience. All the women will be used to seeing the weekly coverage on BBC and would be aware of the standard of the Prem clubs, especially the big 3. I thought maybe 12-0 when I saw the draw but scores like this happen in the prem as well.

• Like 2

• IBM unpinned this topic

To put our ladies result into perspective

Rangers beat Dundee United 10-0 today while Celtic beat Montrose 9-0. Both games in the Premiership.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

image.pngDue to the horrendous weather we have faced this week and the weather warning in place for Sunday we requested this game to be postponed which was granted by the SWF. A new date will be confirmed soon ☃️ 🐧 ⛷️ ❄️

• Like 1

Kayleigh MacKenzie scored one goal for ICT today and were drawing one goal each till Goals for Rossvale in the 96th and 97th minute means the 3 points go back to Glasgow.

Starting X1.png

FT.png

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...