FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CEO Update

Robert

This was the bit that intrigued me.  Goodness knows there needs to be work to be done on the stadium if we are to get more folk coming to the games.

"Infrastructure improvements at the Stadium have been identified and exciting new commercial contracts have been progressed, some to be announced in the coming days including our technical kit partner and main jersey sponsor/partner and subject to legal agreements in the coming weeks, we hope to have important news about the Stadium and its environs."

2 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

This was the bit that intrigued me.  Goodness knows there needs to be work to be done on the stadium if we are to get more folk coming to the games.

"Infrastructure improvements at the Stadium have been identified and exciting new commercial contracts have been progressed, some to be announced in the coming days including our technical kit partner and main jersey sponsor/partner and subject to legal agreements in the coming weeks, we hope to have important news about the Stadium and its environs."

Not going with Puma again? Would explain why there was no new strip for the cup final.

His update still leaves more questions than answers. 

The man talks a lot but doesn't say or give out much clear information or facts. 

Plus he continues to look after his pals, Dodds and Robertson.

Edited by Duke of Inverness

47 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

His update still leaves more questions than answers. 

The man talks a lot but doesn't say or give out much clear information or facts. 

Plus he continues to look after his pals, Dodds and Robertson.

You are right there it's talk the talk!  

As long as we have the current board and CEO it won't change.  I think Robbo will still be here to oversee the Academy project and Director of Football whatever that is!  

While it is so frustrating for us as supporters we just have to hope they are getting the right financial support for the club in the way of sponsorship and that Dodds will improve the team performances from last year.  If we can play in the league like we did in the cup final against the best Celtic team for years we should do better although it won't be easy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Lots of blah,blah and maybe this is going to happen , but then again  probably not. 

None of this convinces me we are going in the right direction and there is any sustainable plan in place. 

Just words to try and sell me a season ticket again.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

Well it shows that the upper echelons are taking heed and trying to appease the restless support. Smacks of season ticket advertising to me. Let's hope these types of updates become a regular feature, are more concise and clear not with double meaning. The good thing IMHO is that they are all putting themselves in the headlights and will need to change and improve or they may become road kill ?!!

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Lots of blah,blah and maybe this is going to happen , but then again  probably not. 

None of this convinces me we are going in the right direction and there is any sustainable plan in place. 

Just words to try and sell me a season ticket again.

Agreed. Put out to appease fans as opposed to inform.

Reeks of 'let's put something out' for the sake of it as opposed to information of substance.

This contempt for the people who support the club is a total turn off, coupled with miserable discount offer for current season ticket holders. 

Love my club, but no #TogetherNess felt by me.

As The Clash said, 'Should I stay or should I go?', the latter is where I am heading tbh. 

Edited by Duke of Inverness
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

28 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

What a miserable bunch of fans we have these days 😂 I actually think being in the Premier League has turned a lot of our support into spoiled brats.

damned if they do, damned if they don’t….

They are simply fans expressing their views and opinions on the players, management, board-CEO and the ground where they turn up and pay their money to be hopefully entertained. They are entitled to do that irrespective if other fans don’t agree with them. That’s what the forum (I hope), was established for. If you want it to be the mouthpiece for only what the club want you to hear, (Pravda comes to mind) there would, I suggest be half a dozen contributors as the full forum group!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, big cherly said:

They are simply fans expressing their views and opinions on the players, management, board-CEO and the ground where they turn up and pay their money to be hopefully entertained. They are entitled to do that irrespective if other fans don’t agree with them. That’s what the forum (I hope), was established for. If you want it to be the mouthpiece for only what the club want you to hear, (Pravda comes to mind) there would, I suggest be half a dozen contributors as the full forum group!

I don’t mind people airing their opinions, of course this is what the forum is for. I’m just making an observation 🤷‍♂️

Again, it is your observation based on what you selectively choose to comment on! Nothing wrong with that as it goes. However I return to the Pravda reference in that any criticism of the club is treason and verboten and we should all join up to blindly follow the great leader Mr Gardiner and bow to his every word.  Mmmn not sure I want to be that devoted! 

Edited by big cherly
  • Facepalm 2

JR I get is a fan favorite however if his salary is anything like the alleged 6 figures then quite frankly on a cost benefit analysis then putting his salary towards the community academy project might be more beneficial. Or 10 weeks of it donated to the West stand fundraising would build the roof. 

• Like 1

If the club are using Robbo and is profile to gain investments and traction for the Academy, former Scotland international, Record Hearts goalscorer, media pundit, former manager yadda yadda. On the face of it, if thats the case then he is proving successful in gaining the investment needed however quite what the split is in terms of time and then expenses to the club is not transparent, including any financial 'bonus' incentives for getting this over the line.

My understanding is that the DoF is typically involved with recruitment and helping find players, however I'd question whether the success rate on this is anything more than average and perhaps no higher 'hit rate' than we had previously without a DoF.

• Agree 3

The big positive here is that a monetary figure was mentioned as to Robbos benefit and that can be weighed against his salary, for me that’s enough evidence to suggest the club are looking at the cost/benefit here and hence there shouldn’t be questions raised again until next seasons figures are known.  Anyone defaming someone who is adding genuine benefit is a poor thing to do, so how about giving the guy a break until there are real concerns?

• Disagree 3

The last figure we have for the club's financial performance is an £800k loss.  The money mentioned that Robbo had a hand in securing was for the academy thing.  They are a separate entity to the club, so it adds zero financial benefit to us. 

The club were quick to distance themselves from the liabilities of the concert company set up in our name, so they can't have it both ways.  If Robbo is working for the new academy project, he should be employed and paid by them.  The result if which would be a huge chunk out of that income.

This constant blurring of the lines by our CEO means that we don't have anything approaching a clear picture of what's going on. It's all just noise which is designed to distract.

• Agree 2