FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Queens Park - Feb 3rd 2024

tm4tj

Looking at the highlights we really should have taken something from the game. Disappointing after beating them 4-1 a few games ago.

1 hour ago, Donald1973 said:

I can never understand why more fans don't direct the criticism at the one person who's been at the club longer than the last 4 or 5 managers and who is clearly behind the on field tactics, Scott Kellacher. No team ever changes manager and assistant but keeps the same coaching staff. It's just bonkers that he's still on the training field with the players when clearly this tippy tappy passing across the face of goal dosent work. Until we address what the players are being told to do midweek by the coaching staff and yes I include DF in that too, we are going to continue to struggle. Not once did we look like creating a good enough chance to result in a goal yesterday, far too slow and ponderous and simply no real awareness or quality from anyone in front of goal 

Should we get rid of the admin and accounts staff because the club's a shamble off the pitch?  After all, many of them have been there longer than the last few Chairmen/CEOs.

• Facepalm 1

The highlights show that we played some stuff and it’s a surprise that we failed to score. As for the goal we conceded, defenders just standing back and letting him get all the space he needs to take a touch and pick his spot, oh dear.

I thought QP closed the space really efficiently in and around the box first half & stifled us probably aware we"d be looking for that final pass too many. This meant we although we were creating "chances" they were mostly half chances on the turn or shots from the edge of the box Gilmour coming closest from distance. Second half I thought we lost our shape almost immediately after the goal although Kerr looked threatening when cutting in on his left foot and there were glimpses of good interchange down that side. Pepples looked pacy but rusty when he came on. We could have done with a long throw exponent at the death to ask their defence a different question. Overall we seemed to lack a bit of leadership on the park a few old sweats needed particularly in midfield as we sometimes have to do the dirty work more enthusiastically and earn the right to play. Sadly QP won most of the individual battles second half & had sussed us out well before the end. Just my recall & thoughts at the game. 

3 hours ago, Leaky Blinder said:

I thought QP closed the space really efficiently in and around the box first half & stifled us 

This. There was a lot of frustration about lack of shots in the first half given the amount of ball we had around their box, but apart from the shot/backpass (Anderson?) we didn’t really get a look at goal, so no chance to shoot. 

Game was begging for the ball to go out wide and stretch them out a bit, but we just let them pack the middle.

Can we get last season’s Nathan Shaw back, please?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Yngwie said:

The highlights show that we played some stuff and it’s a surprise that we failed to score. As for the goal we conceded, defenders just standing back and letting him get all the space he needs to take a touch and pick his spot, oh dear.

It’s a pity we didn’t do some business to strengthen the defence during the transfer window 😕

• Funny 3

38 minutes ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Game was begging for the ball to go out wide and stretch them out a bit, but we just let them pack the middle.

When we did get it wide the ball just ended up being recycled backwards and across their defence rather than fizzing the ball early into the near or back post areas. QP were by no means the Land of Giants first XI and we could have looked to exploit that a bit more. One ball swung across their 6 yard box at pace late in game had their  defence turned and just needed a touch, but just too predictable overall. This was Ferguson 0 Davidson 1 on the day. 

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic