FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season tickets

Brian

The boss (my 12 year old ) has decided that he wants to renew our tickets again  :021: He was undecided at the end of the  season and hopes for more home wins for next.

Sorry to all those that sit near us or have in the past and if you know who we are, you will know if thats you.

Do we know yet where the singing section will be? 

I would agree that ticket prices in general are too high .... but I guess thats the nature of Scottish football which has - for years - been pricing itself out of the range of normal people and certainly families. Clubs are partly to blame for this as they do have some discretion over pricing but the governing bodies must also take some flak as they set the bar for the minimum prices that can be charged.

I would like to see clubs like ICT introduce 'tiered' pricing .... you start with the most expensive tickets at the half-way line and they reduce in price the further round the ground you go with the cheapest tickets being in the stands at either end. When you do that, concession tickets are un-necessary as the lowest ticket prices are broadly similar to what you would charge for these anyway.

This is what Toronto FC have done. They issued season tickets at very cheap prices to encourage sales, but also kept some back for more lucrative 'packages' and match day sales. The end result - 5 home games, 5 actual or near sellouts so far and an expected 2 year waiting list for those wanting to become season ticket holders.

Season tickets start at the equivalent of £100 for the supporters (singing and condoned standing) section behind the goals and go up to several thousand at the half-way line. They capped season ticket sales at 14,000 (out of 20,000 seats) and the rest are available for either special packages for certain games (like a half-season ticket) or for match-day sales at significantly higher prices.

So far I have been to 4 league games and last night was an 'exhibition match' against a strong Benfica side (including Rui Costa) ... there are still another 11 home games including the MLS debut of David Beckham in August when LA Galaxy come to call and another 'exhibition' match against Aston Villa in July. My total cost ? $220 Canadian dollars, roughly £100 !! If I was buying each ticket as a single item, the cost would be $550

I could have sold my Benfica ticket last night for about $100 (face value), Villa tickets are expected to go for the same amount (face value) and right now the unofficial (i.e. tout) price for an LA Galaxy ticket is $6-700 ... If I were to sell them all (which I dont intend to do), that would pay for 4 years worth of tickets !!!

The SPL and clubs need to look at their pricing models to encourage more bums on seats ... whether it is reducing prices, offering deeper discounts for season tickets, tiered pricing or any number of other ideas .... otherwise more and more people are going to stop going.

Thinking about getting a season ticket only thing is most of my friends either hate football or work Saturdays, would I look a weirdo going on my own (not that I mind I just want to see my team) or will the nice fans make me feel welcome  :001:

£330 is a rip off.shocking..you could get a season ticket watching premiership football at wigan for less than that!and other premiership clubs.how much are county season tickets?!£1?

Yep, Wigan is a bit cheaper at £270 but then Bolton is £349 and if you fancy Newcastle its £350 for the cheapest up to £929 for platinum.

Gretna will be £350, Killie £290, Falkirk £285 - £335, Ours £200 - £330, Hibs £330 - £380, Aberdeen £208 - £390, Dundee U £255 - £370, Motherwell £260 - £355

Celtic, Rangers and Hearts have waiting lists so can charge, and do charge, way in excess of others. Only St Mirren have top prices below £200

All in all we compare with the rest in this league.

The rip off is not so much with ICT but with the SPL hierarchy.

Oh! and Ross County will be £156

• 2 weeks later...
Guest macgint71

Have just renewed mine for myself and the wee fella.

The club have definitely gone back on their word from the Aberdeen days as they did say that we could stay in the main stand. I challenged it and was told to complain to Mssr Smith. Having gone through this before where the club is mightier than the fan, in the end I couldn't be bothered as a felt that I would have been diplomatically told, "its your choice if you want to renew or not" otherwords take it or leave it.

Sad for a club who only 3 years ago were desperate for fans to pay and travel to "home games"!! and like a mug, thinking that I was being loyal did.