FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ticket Prices

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

Does anyone know why games in Britain are so expensive compared to other places?  I once heard that an adult ticket in the main section for Bayern Munich is only ?11!  While tickets in the SPL can be double that and the league isn't as even as good and teams in other countries charge bargain prices.

Well I can go and watch the Caley/County game tomorrow for half the price that I could for an SPL game, I am including my bus ticket to Dingwall in that, its ridiculus, for a so called working class sport football is very dear. I blame the all seater stadiums and ridiculs wage demands of players due to bidding wars between the big clubs.

Guest TinCanFan

Those are pretty decent prices!  But I'm sure ICT tickets are not as bad as those for the English Premiership and do ICT set the ticket prices for their games or is it done by the SFA?

I am sure, back in the 90's, I heard on a programme about Italian footie was about ?80 to get in, as i remember thinking, how do ppl afford to go. I believe, for what it is, footie here is grossly overpriced and the knock on effect is, it keeps folks away from the games

Guest TinCanFan

I believe, for what it is, footie here is grossly overpriced and the knock on effect is, it keeps folks away from the games

Absolutely right! Imagine how many more people would come can see ICT on a weekly basis if tickets were about ?5-?10.

Guest TinCanFan

I reckon that if ICT charged less for the home games then they would get a crowd of roughly 5000 a week which may in the long term generate more profit than they would with the ticket prices now and crowds of 3000 or less.

I don't think that the club here really get to choose the ticket price, surely they charge what the other clubs do thats the way of the world, as much as we don't like it.  Maybe they could start a new pricing structure, but I doubt it would happen and certainly other clubs with a larger more local fan base would be reluctant to change.

I agree more fans for a slightly lower admission  price must surely be better than fewer people sat in the stands.  We suggest ideas every season. I agree with you all the price is high and it can be very expensive to get to all of the away matches but we hope to get to a few more of them.

I don't think that the club here really get to choose the ticket price

they have some leeway, but not much. The SFL and SPL have guidelines they set out for minimum prices and clubs pretty much have to follow them .... thats why you sometimes hear about ticket price rumblings when one club wants to lower prices for cup games or near the end of season ......

if the club cant choose the price why do hearts get to charge away fans ?10 a ticket??

Hearts are fantastic for that. That is their usual prices for games against teams like us and it is well received. I think kids get in for ?5 as well?

I am sure, back in the 90's, I heard on a programme about Italian footie was about ?80 to get in, as i remember thinking, how do ppl afford to go.

not quite sure if Italian footy is that dear as i had a friend working in Rome for a while and he went to Roma games and even the local derbies weren't as expensive as here...

I believe, for what it is, footie here is grossly overpriced and the knock on effect is, it keeps folks away from the games

i'm becoming more and more convinced that this is what 'those in the know' want to happen - footy no longer for the ordinary supporter....  :009:

I don't think that the club here really get to choose the ticket price

they have some leeway, but not much. The SFL and SPL have guidelines they set out for minimum prices and clubs pretty much have to follow them .... thats why you sometimes hear about ticket price rumblings when one club wants to lower prices for cup games or near the end of season ......

think you're spot on about the minimum price that can be charged Scotty but have no idea who sets it but suspect that it is that spl committee thingy.

i remember a couple of years ago the supporters groups of most of the spl clubs getting together to try to lobby the spl and the clubs to go for a maximum pricing policy but i'm afraid that it fell on deaf ears....

I remember the subject coming up when we were in the first division and going to St Johnstone ..... do you remember the ripoff there ???

I am a little hazy on this but I seem to remember that the answer in the end was that the SFL issued guidelines to clubs in divisions 3,2, and 1 as to what was expected as a minimum gate price for each league and clubs had to charge at least that but could charge higher prices if they wanted (which St J. did !!!)

Guest TinCanFan

I think tickets for the Italy v Scotland game in Barrie were something like ?6.50!  but you have to pay more to see ICT! What a rip-off. :018:

Guest Arab4Ever

Av said this before and al say it again. I would be happier taking in ?75K at the gate with 7500 ppl there than ?75k wi 3500 ppl attending.

motherwell tried it a while back (pretty sure it was them anyway) and it didnt work.

I think tickets for the Italy v Scotland game in Barrie were something like ?6.50!  but you have to pay more to see ICT! What a rip-off. :018:

Aye but Scotland fans are paying up to 80 quid for the worst seats in the house for the France game in Paris

heres one for the ict folks to the ponder. I have just purchased a season ticket for Bradford City ( living in bradford an ICT season ticket wouldnt be much use to me at the moment ! ) , ?138 for the season, for that i get to to take 2 kids under the age of 11 on the 1st august FOR FREE !! 2 stepsons now have their own season tickets , i have mine, all for the sum of ?138. thats 23 games, works out at ?2 each per game, something to think about ???