Dundee United v Ross County

Montrose v Falkirk

Gretna v Cowdenbeath

Stirling Albion v Hearts

St. Mirren v East Fife

Berwick Rangers v Hamilton Academical

Inverness Cal. Th. v Arbroath

Partick Thistle v St. Johnstone

Soemone mentioned the Inverness Cup earlier in this thread. Now there's a competition which has gone into steep decline in recent years. Even though that is clearly a symptom of the huge progress the game in the Inverness area has made in recent years, as an Invernessian I regret its recent obscurity.

Who could forget that legendary final at Grant Street in December 1995? Almost 3000 packed in to watch Caley Thistle beat County 5-2... hat trick from Man of the Match Iain Stewart but Daisy Ross was outstanding that day. It was also a debut for both Brian Thomson and Mike Teasdale.

Then there was also another superb final around 1992 when County beat Caley (and I mean "Caley") again in front of a large crowd at Kingsmills.

HOE through Roy MacLennan took over sponsorship of the competition in 1993 because I remember the sponsorship being marketed as "a compeition for the new Caledonian Thistle club to play in next season". I recollect that one well since my then 7 year old son attanded the draw with me and was asked to pull out the home teams. An apprentice Howden Ender at the time, he was delighted to take Caley from the hat at the first attempt.

I think the Inverness Cup also produced one of the most boring matches I have ever seen.. Caley v Clach at the Caledonian Stadium about seven or eight years ago. We were all just praying for a goal... for ANYONE to stop it going to extra time.

Unfortunately in recent years the competition seems to have suffered frequent delays and for some reason some ties don't get played until the next season... the whole thing seems to have become relegated to the sidelines. A casualty of progress I suppose.