FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rory Mcallister

dumpmaster

we lost liam keogh this year too, a guy who gave absolutely 110% every second he was on the park as a youngster, if rory showed even a tiny percentage of the effort keogh did then he would have a **** of alot more support from people on here

You hit the nail on the head there squire  :clapping03:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... This will be my final comment on this subject or anything else on this site...
Thats your prerogative - although it is somewhat rattle and pram like IMHO

Forget about Rory for a moment... What about his parents, his grandparents, other family members, relations, friends and neighbours and all others who take a keen interest in ICT because they know the lad.
And your point ? You want to eradicate the principle of free speech in case his relatives get upset ? Surely they would jump to his defence if they heard criticism of him in the stadium or were registered on here and saw the broad spectrum of opinions written down on here. They certainly have that right and ability. If you actually read each posting slowly so that it sinks in, the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of posters believe he has something and needs to go on loan to get his confidence back.

After all your sanctamonious comments on racism and sectarianism you can somehow deem it acceptable for that young lad to be described as "pish", "gash", "not fit to wear a Caley Shirt" etc, etc, etc, etc, on your website.
I personally don't deem it acceptable however the crucial point is that it these opinions, expressed by registered site users do not break any of the rules we have established over the last 13 years it has taken to build this site up. Racism, Sectarianism or the discussion of matters currently before the courts DO

Do you sincerely and seriously believe that allowing such comments to spew forth with such venom does anyone any one any good at all?
re-read my 2nd last post, my opinion is in there

How would you react if someone publicly described your work in such terms? I rather suspect you wouldn't like it. How do think your family would feel about it?
If you are referring to the website, I take it on the chin and consider the comments made before deciding on my course of action. In 13 years, I have been on the receiving end of a huge amount of professional and personal abuse, backstabbing, snide comments and downright nastiness. a lot of this has been public, but just as much has been cowardly 'behind the back' comments which have come back to me from real friends. If the criticism is justified, which some of it undoubtedly is, I try to learn from it. If it is unjustified, untrue or from someone I have no 'relationship' with or respect for, i tend to ignore it. you develop a thick skin doing this type of hobby.

If you are referring to my professional life then I believe I am very good at my job. When I make mistakes or dont perform as i should, i bend over, take my boot up the @rse and try to improve on any areas where i failed or didnt come up to expectations. However, 99% of the time I do achieve my goals !!!

Your excuse that you will not shut down this thread as you will run the risk of receiving a ****load of emails crying foul or censorship is utterly pathetic.

Its easy to criticise when you are not on the receiving end of them. the quantity and content can be quite eye opening.

I hope you might consider these comments - if only for a few moments, but I very much doubt that you will.

I consider all comments that I read on this board, both positive and negative and your last comment gives me all the answers I need (or expected).

Stick to your guns Scotty and don't take some of these  huffing and puffing remarks too much to heart. Sit tight mun. You are doing your job and your word "goes" regardless of who disagrees with you. If it continues to get close to abusive just ignore it. You are the boss and some of these newcomers on here must learn that. :012:

They are trying to goad you into doing what you consider not to be a correct course of action so don't allow this to happen. These petulant critics  themselves are taking things altogether far too much  to heart  and are now allowing this whole issue to become a  personal crusade instead of merely a jousting commentary of differing opinions.

Mr McAllister is not by any stretch of imagination a kid, whether he is 20 or 30. He is probably the biggest kid I have met in a long time and when I stood beside him in Burnaby, B.C. he towered over me and  he should be able to hold his own in any SPL company.

However, a reporter in the Herald referred to him as " so and so substituted the industrious McAllister". That having been said I would like to learn whether there are other posters on here who agree with that comment. If so maybe he needs just a far better service to improve.

And in any event good luck to the 20-year old "kid".

Rangers had the strongest side they have ever put out at the Stadium last week. The back four were all tall, experienced, on form and skilfull. Rangers have now gone four big games without conceding a goal. They wore us down. Rory was part of a team that was ground to dust basically and few people realised that at the time because they saw Inverness with 7 points from last season doing the same again. No Bayne, no Dargo, no fit McDonald and no Marius.

All successful people work through adversity. David Weir did not develop until he was about 26. Rory does lose heart after being battered in games  but Bayne was like that at 20 years of age and he is working at regular goal scoring himself without too much success.

So I suggest all the skilfull players posting on here should get down to the stadium and ask Charlie for a trial to prove they are better than Rory.

So I suggest all the skilfull players posting on here should get down to the stadium and ask Charlie for a trial to prove they are better than Rory.

If I performed in my job like Rory does in his, I'd have been got shot of long ago!!!

They charge us to watch that "entertainment" - we are entitled to our opinon!

Sadly, I don't think Rory will be making anyone eat humble pie - but time will tell eh!

Fer fecks sake - ya could have used your frustration to good use last Saturday. Setanta hone in on Sebo and his new hairstlye and here is your good self seated rite behind him. Ya could have given the **** a few slaps and spits, pretending to aim your venom at Rory & Co.

Why is it that we are not allowed to talk about these sites or give any links to them on this on this forum but they are advertised on the lower right of the screen?

:offtopic01: but I will answer.

We have very little control over the supplied google advertising and if there are illegal sites advertising with them then the SPL/SFA can contact Google to pursue it. Its the same principle that allowed us to relax our restrictions on youtube postings as noted a few weeks ago.

We on the other hand were warned, along with just about every other football site a couple of seasons ago that we could be held accountable if we allowed the posting of links to illegal or pirate footage of games within the site. At that time we voluntarily added this restriction to our terms of service for the forums.

Fer fecks sake - ya could have used your frustration to good use last Saturday. Setanta hone in on Sebo and his new hairstlye and here is your good self seated rite behind him. Ya could have given the **** a few slaps and spits, pretending to aim your venom at Rory & Co.

:015: - I'm saving it all for Strachan!!!!  :015:

Forget about Rory for a moment... What about his parents, his grandparents, other family members, relations, friends and neighbours and all others who take a keen interest in ICT because they know the lad.

I think that what the sensitive one was trying to say was that you are all a bunch of insensitive tatws and we should be making love not war and loving our neighbours and not talking ill of others and not criticising others and realising that his opinion is always correct and should not be challenged or questioned. I too have faced the ridicule and wrath of the posters on this site and it has deeply affected me, my wife, my children, my Uncle George and Auntie Anne in Forres, my work colleagues, the lads down the pub and my Auntie Liz in Dingwall( :001:). Fer fecks sake think and have some compassion for yer fellow man.

Because a lot of the people who post cant see past the success's of the lower leagues.

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean?

There have been a few players who were brilliant for us in the lower divisions and became icons of the fans. Some of those, whether with ICT or elsewhere, have not come up to SPL standard but some fans can't see that. They only see what was.

Rory is still an inexperienced player.  In the last two seasons he has been used mainly as a substitute, getting 10-15 minutes.  People are judging him on these fleeting appearences and, as Bridge_Ender said earlier on this thread, pouring abuse on a young player.  He has shown that he can perform in the SPL - he was one of our best players when thrown into a game against Celtic last season and in the Dunfermline game last season he came on, won the free kick that created our first goal and scored our second.  He has a good record in the reserves and has been picked for his international side in his age group.

It is frustrating to see him playing poorly, as he undoubtedly did on Saturday but the whole team played poorly, with many far worse than Rory.  He is becoming a scapegoat for our teams failings when he hardly plays.  It might be that he isn't good enough and that he has to restart his career somewhere else but I think that the vitriol poured on him, especially on here (four page threads, users berating him on their signatures) is undeserved and counterproductive.

Funny how all those who come on to chastise everyone else for saying Rory isn't good enough end up saying the same thing by the end of their post.

Granted some people haven't exactly minced their words when expressing their opinion, but most people have acknowledged the reasons why they think Rory is where he is, have said they would be happy to be proved wrong and stated that they think it would be good for the lad to go elsewhere to get himself back on track.

Would you rather CC continued to play the lad, destroying not only his confidence but maybe even his future whilst dragging the whole team down with him in the process?

Regardless of how many appearances he's made, how many starts and how many substitutions, he isn't playing up to standard.  It's a dog eat dog world, and being nice doesn't put balls in the back of the net - at the end of the day, that's what he is being paid to do and he is failing.  Yes the whole team (with a couple of exceptions) were poor on Saturday, but we're not judging based on one game and Rory has showed lacking for some time now.

FAO : Immortal Howden Ender :

What the sensitive one was trying to say is that it is all too easy (and very cowardly) to hide behind an anonymous pseudonym and direct as much bile and filth as you like towards anyone who, when taking to a football field, delivers a performance which falls somewhat short of being wholly satisfactory.

He, (the sensitive one) was also trying to make the point that had McAllister been black, gay or Jewish, such remarks would have attracted the swift attentions of the Scottish Gestapo. The posters would have been traced and subjected to the full might of the law. As a white heterosexual male poor Rory hasn't stood a chance in this case.  

The sensitive one is however, grateful to the Immortal Howden Ender for not joining in the witchhunt - and instead choosing to vent his spleen on the tactical genius who sent young Rory out there in the first place. He is of course, absolutely right to suggest that the sensitive one's opinions are always correct and should never be questioned or challenged..

Finally regarding the assertion that the sensitive one approves of "making love, not war" and "loving our neighbours" is scurrilous nonsense... Just ask Kate at Number 31.....  

Rory is still an inexperienced player.  In the last two seasons he has been used mainly as a substitute, getting 10-15 minutes.  People are judging him on these fleeting appearences and, as Bridge_Ender said earlier on this thread, pouring abuse on a young player.  He has shown that he can perform in the SPL - he was one of our best players when thrown into a game against Celtic last season and in the Dunfermline game last season he came on, won the free kick that created our first goal and scored our second.  He has a good record in the reserves and has been picked for his international side in his age group.

It is frustrating to see him playing poorly, as he undoubtedly did on Saturday but the whole team played poorly, with many far worse than Rory.  He is becoming a scapegoat for our teams failings when he hardly plays.  It might be that he isn't good enough and that he has to restart his career somewhere else but I think that the vitriol poured on him, especially on here (four page threads, users berating him on their signatures) is undeserved and counterproductive.

Hold on a mo'  'Fleeting appearances' do you not recall last season when Dargs then Denzil got injured, CC decided not to sign a striker short term and gave the fantastic opportunity to Rory to show what he could do..... what happened next? how many games did he get 7 or8 starts?  goals ? he has had plenty of chances to show us this as yet unseen talent.

Hold on a mo'  'Fleeting appearances' do you not recall last season when Dargs then Denzil got injured, CC decided not to sign a striker short term and gave the fantastic opportunity to Rory to show what he could do..... what happened next? how many games did he get 7 or8 starts?  goals ? he has had plenty of chances to show us this as yet unseen talent.

Rory did not get '7 or 8 starts'.  Last season Rory was started five times in the SPL, although he did effectively start that game against Celtic when he came on after a minute or so.  For the other thirteen sub appearences he played an average of 12 minutes.  In half of his substitute appearences he played less than ten minutes.

Of the five league games Dargo missed I recall that we lost four of those, fair enough Rory didn't play well in all those games - he did give a great performance against Celtic.  Why single out McAllister?  

It's more frustration than anything else, you watch him, cheer him on, then it all becomes a calamity again! 

I've got my reservations about this call up, if he's playing shockingly and getting called up it's bad news.

It'll give him false hope, and he'll just get slaughtered again, which in the long term will do him no good!  I don't think he's of SPL quality, he needs to drop down, learn his trade, then maybe when he's tougher give it another go.

He needs to get hungry again, remember what it was like to sit on the bench and want to play.

Start chasing balls instead of just giving up all the feckin time!

I don't know where everyone gets this idea that's he's blasting them in at Reserve games - he was sh*te against Rangers Reserves. 

I agree with Caley100, he's had more than enough chances to shine, time to take stock and try a new way.  It ain't working!