FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Highland Snooze POTM - Cowie

CaleyD

I often wonder about who makes the final decision when they pick the POTM in the Highland News as it rarely seems to match anything I've witnessed but I think they've got it spot on for August with Cowie.

He's proving more than capable at this level and long may it continue.

I havent seen much of Cowie....but what i have...I would agree that despite pre season scare mongering....he seems to be very capable at this level. Could turn out to be the best signing we made for years.

Cowie's been brilliant IMO. In all the matches he's started, he's been my MOTM.

I saw him last season at County and thought he was crap. Maybe he was just going through the motions.

As for Rankin. He's gone backwards from what I've seen this season. In saying that, I've not been overly impressed with him at all since he came here. Other than a few spectacular goals, he doesn't seem to do a great deal around the pitch.

Was there another choice ? All the others had on and off performances. The only one to possibly come close was Ian Black. Cowie showed loads of promise at Well and should have scored, was better at Midden and did score, was "wasted" in the first half at Easter Road but looked the most likely to score in the second half. He has the fitness levels and the motor of Royster but has a more developed footballing brain, has a better delivery and can shoot from distance. Having said that Royster must be a fave fer September if he follows up his performance at Easter Road.

Apologies to blackieforce and the other 3% fer talking such drivel.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Cowie has certainly been impressive since joining the big team.

Agree about Royster IHE, my opinion is that he has performed better than Hastings in the left wingback slot. Mr Hastings may struggle to get his position back.