FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Gretna Game

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

After the Aberdeen game I'd make one or two changes.  Here's my line up:

1. Fraser

2. Tokely                  4. Watt (if fit)                            14. Munro                    16. Hastings

15. Cowie                              8. Black                                7. Wilson

18. Niculae                  19. Wyness                        9. Bayne

Subs: Malkowski, Proctor, McGuire, Brewster, McDonald, Rankin, McBain                                 

I think we are all agreed that Malkowski should NOT be anywhere near the goals for the rest of the season (and that means on the bench, as opposed to a referance to his very questionable positioning which means he pretty much isn't anywhere near the goals most of the time anyway!)

Fraser

Caff  McGuire Proctor Hastings

Cowie Black Duncan Wilson

Niculae Wyness

I know that defence will never happen, but some of our seemingly first choice defenders need to get their act together.....quickly. Proctor was our best defender today, and he was only on the last 20 minutes or so!

Zibi

Proctor             McGuire               Watt            Hastings

Duncan

Tokely                                              McBain      

Cowie

Wyness                                  Brewster            

Zibi should probably keep goal next week again, but any more of that nonsense and he should be sent back to Poland.  If we change keepers everytime a mistake is made then we will just undermine both of them.

Zibi

Rossco                Caff                            Grantie                   Hastings

Cowie                      Duncan          Black                               Wilson

Brewster                 Wyness                        

ikey

rossco                    mcguire/watt            munro              hastings

cowie                      black                        duncan            wilson

nicuale                    wyness

McBain has to be dropped he cannot do anything going forward , surely rankin woujld be more suited than him  :017: . Hopefull Brewster will be fit to play some part also.

Guest TinCanFan

Or maybe a squad like this:

Fraser

Proctor                      Watt                            Munro/McGuire                      Hastings

Wilson                        Cowie                            Black                                      Morgan

Niculae                            Wyness

Guest TinCanFan

I've heard that he's good in the reserves but that's of a different standard and maybe can't compete in the 1st team.  His height doesn't help that though.

Be nice to fit Brewster, Niculae and Wyness in somewhere, perhaps the next home game?

A bit of a luxury, but would be interesting and I like to see what Niculae would do if he had some space. He certainly has a fabulous touch. 

Guest ictgirl

I've heard that he's good in the reserves but that's of a different standard and maybe can't compete in the 1st team.  His height doesn't help that though.

6 goals in 6 games...yes reserves standard isn't the same as first team but how can he be expected to prove he is capable of first team football when he doesn't get a game! From what i have seen from his goals on the internet and his goals in pre season and the reserves he is the best finisher at the club without a doubt!

As for height - what's that got to do with it? Michael Owen, Jermaine Defoe, Kenny Miller and Shaun Wright-Phillips are just a few smaller players i can think of and are proven goal scorers and are top players! Oh and on that subject I'm sure a certain Pele and Maradona was not exactly 6 foot and they are considered the best to have ever played football.

How tall is Marius and how many goals has he scored?!

I rest my case :024:

Guest TinCanFan

Niculae has scored loads of goals and I have no doubt that they will come for ICT.  Michael Owen and Maradona maybe short but there is no comparison between them and DM.  Maradona was pretty quick too which is something else DM lacks.

Also the goals that you can see on the internet are almost all the goals DM has ever scored and would ICT have signed him if they hadn't got Niculae first?  Probably not.

Guest ictgirl

Marius has scored loads of goals??? not in the last few seasons of his career.  Marius made his debut over 10 years ago in November 1996 and is now 26.  Deano only made his debut in 2005 and is now 21, so I am going to compare the last two seasons.  

Marius was firstly at Standar Liege and made 26 appearances in one season and managed just 4 goals.  Next was Mainz in the Bundesliga 6 appearances and 0 goals.  

Deano made his debut at Ipswich and played as a winger, 14 appearances (4 starts only) he scored 1 goal, he went on loan to Hartlepool and 5 apps (4 starts) scored 1 goal. Last season at Gillingham 26 apps (16 starts) he scored 6 goals.

So summing it up in the last 2 seasons:

Marius played 30 games and scored 4 goals in total

Deano played 45 games and scored 8 goals in total

Lets just point out that Deano's total is his career total to date, Marius being the older experienced player that you keep referring to has only managed 4 in the last two seasons of his 11 year career and by the looks of the stats the older he gets the less goals he scores!

As regards to pace, you say Deano lacks this, when has he had a chance to prove his pace and ability in the 1st team?  Do you honestly believe Dennis is faster than him?

In reference to your last comment, yes i do believe they would have signed Deano regardless if they signed Marius first, both Charlie and Craig (with whom i have spoken to at reserve games) rate Deano very highly.  

If Deano had been fit beginning of season i have no doubt that Charlie would have started him against Rangers! Deano was the top goalscorer in pre season with 4 goals in 4 games.

The stats don't lie and he can only play against what is put in front of him!

Up front is not where we have a problem !!! Marius will score (in the SPL) eventually and then hopefully it will be a Dargo-like situation where the floodgates open. Wyness, Bayne and Brewster dont have a problem scoring and as the poster above said, lets not forget that Deano is only 21 and was brought to the club as a developing player not as the finished article. Hopefully both he and Garry Wood (and Rory) may be a potent force in future years !!!

In midfield we have a wealth of talent so no big problem there other than picking the right combination !!!

Its defence and in goal where the current malaise is coming from. Mike Fraser is a good keeper but made a couple of blunders in his last game. Zibi comes with a reputation for blunders and duly obliged yesterday ... even if he wasnt that bad for the rest of the game. Do we let Zibi play the next game or does being dropped for one game constitute Mike's punishment for his mistakes in his last game? I guess that is up to the manager. I dont have confidence in Zibi but then I dont see him in training so am not in a position to say which one is impressing the manager most. I suspect that neither one is and a keeper to truly challenge Mike is on the shopping list for 2008.

As far as the defence is concerned, we have no leadership. The person who posted that we lost this when Darren Dods left is spot-on. Granty is a nice lad and a good player but I cant help thinking his performances have suffered since he took on the responsibility of being captain. Perhaps this needs to be handed to someone else (Wilson?) and Granty can be allowed to get back to being the no-nonsense defensive rock he was in previous seasons. Whatever the cause of the loss of form of the defence it needs to be found and reversed as that is what kept us in a lot of games in the last few seasons .........