FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We HAVE to beat Gretna

kencar

A real 6 pointer next weekend and despite it being so early in the season it's a game we HAVE to win.

Looking at the 10 remaining games this year I feel we only have 3 good chances for victories

Away - Gretna

Home - St Mirren

Away - Falkirk

Of course there's always the chance we might gain some unexpected points from our other opponents but realistically we need all 9 points from the above games

We don't need to beat them, but we won't want to lose this one.  We will have more than three chances surely.  We will have Hibs at home as well, give them the mandatory stuffing.

Guest WynessLegend

Nonsense.

we do not have to beat Gretna next Saturday.

If we keep playing the way we have been since Brewsters return we will be safe -

and with a bit of fortune will be pressing for a top six spot.

Nonsense.

If we keep playing the way we have been since Brewsters return we will be safe -

Top 6!!  :010:

Come on  :sillywave:

How are we possibly going to get a Top 6 place if we can't beat the likes of Gretna???

We need to start to get points on the board now!! Our first and main target this season is to avoid relegation. Anything else is a bonus

No, we don't have to beat them. We have to completely demolish them.

Bit of fortune? Like black death sweeping central Scotland and taking out all the other teams? Not a chance, I'm afraid.  :019:

This will be a very difficult fixture, Gretna will be at their most highly motivated knowing that defeat to us will leave them somewhat detached at the foot of the table even at this relatively early stage of the season.

We can win but only if we match them for commitment and tighten up on these defensive blunders.

Guest WynessLegend

Sorry if you don't like me mentioning that top six is a possibility.

I feel that, since Brewster's return, we have been playing some of our best football since coming into the SPL.

That has been tempered a bit by some shaky defending and our need for a goalkeeper with some quality.

Nevertheless, I feel that talk of relegation is a bit premature - and that to say Saturdays game is a "must win" strikes me as ridiculous.

We definitely need to take something out of that game ......

Many people seem to have a problem with the performances of some of our defence ..... maybe its time to stick a rocket up their *** and change it about a bit?

Stick Proctor in at RB, Morgan in at LB and move Hastings into the centre where he was very effective for Canada at the recent Gold Cup. That would leave Munro, Tokely, McGuire and Watt (if fit) fighting it out for one central defensive role and let them all know that no-one is guaranteed a start if they dont perform, and better still, in the case of Morgan and Proctor that they are worthy of a start if they do perform.

well yeah we have to beat them but we should be thinking that going into every game.

ok the bigger teams a draw would be good bt we should be thinking from the out that we need these 3 points and should not be playing for anything less

i was really diassapointed on sunday there were times when the whole team looked shaky but this is what needs to be worked on.

i was however mightliy impressed by cowie, that boy seems to NEVER stop, spent a large part of the game covering for roy when he was off on the other side of the pitch but overall i was not impressed by the team at all

Guest EdgeleyCT

Totally agree that it's important we win this one. A loss and the confidence will take a nosedive and the usual doubters will have a field day.

However I think we will win this one... but if we do lose then IMHO we'll have to start thinking about preparing for a relegation battle.  Could be fun that though!  :023:

Guest The ghost of Jim Morton

Positive Mental Attitude :021: You WILL be Gr?tna, they are ***** and heading back to where they came from at an alarming rate :crazy07: