FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Happy Yet?

Guest WynessLegend

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By my rekoning, we have 16 points from a possible 36 (12 games) under brewster. Thats less than average in my book

It's 11 games and it's certainly not below average, it's top 6 form.

If that form was repeated over 33 games then we would have 48 points - a total which would've given us a top 6 finish in any of our previous SPL seasons.

In my book that's above average but maybe you're book has us challenging for Europe in an average season.

BF, if you are called an idiot every day at your work then perhaps its time you done something about it. It is abuse, and in your case workplace harassment. Nobody, no matter what sort of person they are, and especially someone you dont actually know, deserves to be called an idiot and this site will not put up with such.

Alex : Is it ok for you moderators to post something like this..?

Yngwie

Re: Booing of McAllister 

I think Rory is utterly sh1t and shouldn't be anywhere near our first team..... 

Why has the paradigm on this forum changed from 'believe' to 'moan'?! I can't believe that we've had 2 good wins back-to-back, played some good football (certainly yesterday) and folk are still complaining!! I'll put it down to Seasonally Adjusted Disorder...

Johnboy , I'll answer that for you. Yes it is acceptable as it does not breach any forum rules. Mods are allowed opinions too!

You seem obsesssed with that comment, and I am sorry that I have caused you so much distress.

But why don't you quote the full post? And then consider which section of our support it was aimed at, and the point that was being made? If you still don't understand it, please PM me and I will explain. Likewise if you have a problem with me or mods in general.

OK - I am getting to the stage where I have to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Hamish is quite right, the pendulum has swung from Believe to Moan quite significantly and part of that seems to be a belief that "if i cant have a go at the team or the club, I will have a go at the moderators of this site".

FOR THOSE OF YOU DOING THAT - I TELL YOU NOW ---- THAT STOPS !!!  RIGHT HERE. RIGHT NOW.

1. Everyone who assists in the running of this site does their little bit free of charge. nothing is official and no-one is paid. Its very big of so many of you to take the time to slag off people who are trying to make sure this runs smoothly for your benefit.

2. Moderators are normal posters too. If they want to post their opinions they are free to do so (within the rules). They are only moderators when performing administrative duties and to anyone with a modicum of intelligence, the instances of this should be quite apparent. Unfortunately, they cannot remove the little moderator logo from their profile so that those who are unable to distinguish these instances can be in no doubt.

3. Please read site rules, especially for information regarding "back seat moderating". From now on, we will be telling the moderators to apply these rules more strictly and will delete any instances we feel require it. We had previously told them to use a bit of common sense in the application of the rules but as certain posters seem to think they have a divine right to say how this site should be run that latitude is now gone.

Yngwie :

It's not me you should be apologising to....

There's a big difference between calling someone's performance, on a given occassion, on the field of play "utterly sh!t" and just simply dismissing that person as "utterly sh!te" as you did with that post....

I'm quite sure Rory is a decent enough guy who tries his level best when playing football...

Slag off his performances by all means - yes - everyone is entitled to their opinion, but he is a person, as well as an international footballer

- YOU SHOULD NOT BE REFERRING TO HIM AS  "UTTERLY SH!TE" -

"I think Rory is utterly sh1t and shouldn't be anywhere near our first team, but nobody should boo any player who is simply doing his best."

On a different thread discussing his footballing merits, I will (and have done in the past) give a list of reasons, using more eloquent language, why he will not make the grade. But few of the boo boys would relate to such an appraisal and the point would be wasted.

Anyway, if I was a professional footballer playing for ICT in the SPL, people could call me whatever they wanted and I'd just just give a smug smile  :001:

Four points of sixth place and still there are unhappy people.

I wish some folk would lose their OF fan mentallity. By that I mean the mentallity that says we should be top of the table, winning every game and if we're not we should sack the manager and miscry the players. We are performing in a competition, for places in the league, and every other team has the same goals and aspirations. And there lies the stumbling block...........other teams have the audacity to want to win as well as us.

Four points of sixth place and still there are unhappy people.

I wish some folk would lose their OF fan mentallity. By that I mean the mentallity that says we should be top of the table, winning every game and if we're not we should sack the manager and miscry the players. We are performing in a competition, for places in the league, and every other team has the same goals and aspirations. And there lies the stumbling block...........other teams have the audacity to want to win as well as us.

Good post Alex. Sums up my thoughts. Although I also think it's also a 'lower league' mentaility, when we were used to seeing ICT romping through the lower 3 leagues, humping teams 5-0 on quite a regular basis. Different game now.

I've no idea how I'd feel if we won 5-0 at Ibrox, I've only ever seen us win 1-0 there, I'll give it some thought :029:

I apologise if I've offended you Blackieforce, I've always thought you were funny, especially on Pie and Bovril.  Its been a long time since I've had a proper moan about anything since Christie left, I've barely said anything despite the enormous number of negative ICT topics being churned out this year.  As has always been the case, I only ever say something when I have an opinion on it, if you happen to disagree with it then its your prerogative to do so and to say what you like in reply.  It'd be great if I had the influence to push any kind of agenda on here, be it negative or positive, but I dont and therefore dont ***** about any old subject just to bring the rest of you down.

About the Yngwie versus Johnboy spat about Rory being a piece of

sh--te.

To be fair to Yngwie I do not believe that he was referring to Rory as a piece of sh--te. Indeed I hardly think anyone in their right senses would do that or believe some other ICT fan would.

So if any fan professes to believe that then he or she appears to have another agenda involved...Right?

But this accusation from JB has now taken an unproductive and very nasty turn and to be quite frank it has now turned into something of a personal vendetta which is becoming very tedious indeed.

Both parties have made their points and in my opinion no more should be said about it at all. Or I will use the ignore button for the first time in my life.

:008:

Thank you,  SP

My tuppence worth is, that i have never taken ANY opinion given on an ICT player on these boards as knocking the idividual in question generally, only their ability...........which i think is fair game!

But this accusation from JB has now taken an unproductive and very nasty turn and to be quite frank it has now turned into something of a personal vendetta which is becoming very tedious indeed.

And we certainly don't want another one of those scenarios!

Anyway, if I was a professional footballer playing for ICT in the SPL, people could call me whatever they wanted and I'd just just give a smug smile  :001:

Well that's very commendable Yngwie.... Some footballers might it difficult simply to react in that manner.

Personally I'd be more inclined to react in the same way as Eric Cantona did - remember the flying karate kick when a fan in the Old Trafford crowd called him something a wee bit nasty?

To Scarlet Pimple...

There's no personal vendetta unfolding here... I apologise if you, or anyone else is finding it tedious. Personally I think some of the comments posted on this matter, have been very interesting...

I would be happy to see the debate continue. I don't think the whole subject of abuse dished out to anyone, who happens to perform in a public arena, is something that should be ignored, or swept under the carpet.

OK - I am getting to the stage where I have to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

FOR THOSE OF YOU DOING THAT - I TELL YOU NOW ---- THAT STOPS !!!  RIGHT HERE. RIGHT NOW

I usually don't get involved in poster/moderator disputes. But, am I missing something here in the Yngwie/Johnboyspat? Is there some history to it which I don't know about?  Otherwise, I can't see the need for Scotty, as senior site administrator to leap to Yngwie's defense in his post which included the above forceful quotes.  Without taking sides, I thought that Yngwie was quite capable of defending himself, and I certainly didn't interpret Johnboy's post which seemed to kick things off, as unduly 'having a pop at moderators'.  Surely your moderators, Scotty, don't need to be wrapped up in cotton wool.  I'm sure they can take care of themselves in minor disputes, leaving you to intervene in more serious cases.  That's my view on it anyway.

CaleyMad...

No, there is no history between myself and Yngwie... I generally enjoy reading his posts -

You only have to scroll up the page a little, to see the comment of his I took exception to.

KB & Pele is God....

Do I detect a slight reluctance to get involved here?  :017:

I usually don't get involved in poster/moderator disputes. But, am I missing something here in the Yngwie/Johnboyspat?

yes you are, but its not your fault. You are missing the raft of posts we have had to remove or split to another thread.

I usually don't get involved in poster/moderator disputes. But, am I missing something here in the Yngwie/Johnboyspat?

yes you are, but its not your fault. You are missing the raft of posts we have had to remove or split to another thread.

I must be missing something here as well then..... This so-called spat began on November 24th, on a thread entitled "The Booing of Rory McAllister"

I wasn't aware of the raft of posts you've had to remove. I would be really interested to know what the gist of these posts was....  :024:

Is this going to become another tabboo subject like the mentioning of travelling people from Romania and Dingwall?

Perhaps we should just stick to tried and tested subjects like "flat back fours" and "stringing five across the middle"....  :023:

Lets get back on topic here shall we....

My personal view, however taken by anybody, is that ICT are imporving. From seeing the poor show against Utd (and others) at home at the start of the season, to seeing the likes of Niculae and Wyness understanding eachother, blackie and rankin playing some good football and our defence improving every game - not to mention Fraser's clean sheets - I'd say I am rather happy.

There are still areas for improvement in our team, and these will come in time. We can't expect to go from 11th/12th to top 6 in one swoop. there are 11 other teams in this league with the highest of expectations and alot of passion to achieve their goals. This is football and we should take the ups and downs as they are thrown at us.

I was a bit sceptical when Brew first came back, but he is starting to show he has the potential to take the club forward. In fact I have so much faith, that I will head to the bookies and see if I can get some cash on a top 6 place come the split!!!

Good post, Jnr...  I'll let you buy me a pint with your winnings from a Top Six finish...!!

I was impressed by Brew's perfomance on Setanta yesterday as one of the studio analising guys, on the Dons v Hibs game. He talked a lot of sense.

He takes his job here very seriously and is very focused on taking ICT another step forward.

He deserves more support from our fans, and a bit less derision... :022: