News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Xander Stays At Elgin

RiG

Agreed. Wouldn't it be great if, like Robson at Forfar, he comes back full of confidence and belief that he can make it with us. Not that he didn't have that anyway but if you are playing regularly and playing well it gives you a massive lift to your game and makes you perform better.

Whilst back in Elgin over the xmas period i read that story in the Northern Scot (local paper).

The Elgin City manager made it very clear that they were desperate for Zander to stay on, and were concerned that a team from Divison 1 or 2 would look to take him on loan for the last 6 months of the season, on the back of his impressive performances.

Made plans to see Elgin City v. Stranraer whilst I was back, but the game was called off with frozen pitch.

Am i right in saying that Zander still trains in Inverness at least for a bit of the week? Since he's on a full time contract with us, whereas most of Elgin City are on part-time?

On another note, I've got a few Montrose supporting mates who are delighted with how Garry Wood is playing for Montrose. Many had him as their MotM yesterday.

Fingers crossed we can maybe get Garry back for the 2nd half of the season and send Rory out on loan?

The fans would certainly like him to stay at EC for the rest of the season. They also want Ally Ridgers but, apparently, because he's now over 21 his loan spell can't be extended and they would need to make an offer for him. Never heard of that situation before so perhaps someone in the know can explain.

Not everything in life comes down to money  :023:

But full time employement does! Zander would have to pick a paper-round to support himself to survive his part-time Elgin City contract...

Does this all mean that I shall have to miss cheering on a member of my Clan for another half season of the Reserves?  Zander is surely a name for the future - when will ICT wake up and recognise this players potential before some other Club does!

We will have to have a word with Daddy Brew over a mug of cappuccino (checked spelling on the packet!) (or whatever he wants) at the next Reserves home game - care to join me - Mee!?