FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

the name should be.........

caley89

what should the name be for the ultra group??  

160 members have voted

1. 1.

• Caley Thistle Ultras (the CTU)
    • Section G ultras
    • Bridge End Ultras
    • RossoBlu Ultras (italian for red and blue ultras)
    • something else, please specify

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whenever the word ULTRAS is mentioned, it makes me think of violence, in particular the Roma Ultras, who are probably the most notorious group for such violence. I wouldn't like any of our supporters to be associated with this. And I don't quite understand all this Italian/Dutch nonsense. Forza? Why speak Italian? Our clubs roots are Scottish, and if you are so insistent on creating a group then I'd agree with Calum, decide on a name with something like 'Clan' or 'Clansmen' in it.

It's original, it's different and I quite like it.

Oh, and scrap the 'loyal army' chant too.

I'd go with ICT Ultras or Caley Thistle Ultras.

I definitely don't want any mention of clan in the name. To me it conjures up images of shortbread tins and Andy Stewart.

Don't like the family either. I think Pat Butcher owns the copyright anyway. Bridge End Ultras really does sound like a mob looking for a fight. To the outsider, it has no connection to the football club whatsoever. Sounds more like a bunch of dockers dying to kick the sh1t out of someone.

The tag Ultras is nothing to be ashamed of. Those that think of Ultras in a negative manner really need to get up to date. As Scotty says, the Red Ultras Aberdeen site is very informative. I suggest some of the "old farts" take a look!

Whether you agree with it or not, the word "Ultras" does create a negative image in the heads of some people.  Why cripple yourself with such a tag when there's really no need?  Stop looking outside for a name and look to the club, it's surroundings and it's fans and come up with something unique.

Whatever happened to the Capri Sun Casuals or the Bridge End Northside Invincible's?  :015:  I blame Big Kyle myself.

... but moving beyond 2002...

I would suggest that you do not take the name of an ULTRA group, for the same reasons mentioned here and the same reasons the Red Army, the Blue Order, SUPRAS etc in Scotland havent included it.  The Police need little encouragement to victimise the football fans of this country as it is, you would only be inviting trouble with the law (regardless of intentions) and given the warnings on here you would only have yourselves to blame should one of you end up with a banning order/stadium ban.

Then of course theres the fans of other clubs who would target you for abuse, be it physical or verbal.  You may also find that you'll attract ICT fans who dont have as innocent intentions as youselves, which will again lead you to get into bother.

But then again, maybe ICT do need a section in the North Stand where the Police and Stewards are too scared to go near like in European grounds, it should only take about 3 of you  :015:

Definitely liking the "Clan/Clansmen" idea.  :022:

I'm only 22 and I still associate the word ultra with violence - thanks to Football Factories on the tv!  I'd hate for the club and/or the fans to be associated with anything like that.  As already mentioned on this post, we're always being ribbed about how we never come up with anything original.  I think this is a great way to show our individuality.  How about something that uses Inverness in the title so that people less familiar with the club and its surrounding area know who we are; like the Inverness Impavids or something like that...??? :017: 

Just a suggestion! :001:

Takes me back to the late 80's early 90's and the days of the Thistle Soccer Trendies and the Caley Soccer Casuals. The police would frisk me on the way into Kingsmills just cos of what I was wearing !!! :rotflmao:

Whatever name you choose it should NOT include 'caley ultras'...................can you imagine:-

Caley Ultras North Terrace Supporters !!  :003: :003: :003:

How about 'Vocal Inverness Caley Thistle Obsessive Representative Youths

Guest TinCanFan

I don't think that the Ultra tag is a good idea.  Loads of other teams have it and it could be better if this club could have something different.  I reckon that "The Bridge Enders" is one of the best so far.

I don't think that the Ultra tag is a good idea.  Loads of other teams have it and it could be better if this club could have something different.  I reckon that "The Bridge Enders" is one of the best so far.

Not a good idea imo. What if some clever sort decides to take the 'ridge' out of 'BridgeENDERS'??

Keeping it simple so it can be included in song would be a good idea. For that reason I propose the "Caley Clan"

To the tune of the Can Can.........

Caley,

Caley, Caley, Caley,

Caley, Caley, Caley,

Caley, Caley, Caley,

We're the Caley Thistle Clan,

Clan Clan.

Copyright AM.

Guest TinCanFan

The Family      ..................It's simple and inclusive-makes you feelpart of something.

Has Charles Manson got out of jail and now supporting ICT?

How about 'Vocal Inverness Caley Thistle Obsessive Representative Youths

:rotflmao: we'll need one heck of a banner to fit that name in  :016:

"Forza Bridge End" i thought was pretty sound one, well done whoever it was!! :022:

yeeeh alot of lower league teams in england have there own wee groups nowadays. the Aldershot Red and Blue Army are probably one of the best ultra groups in the whole of britain, was looking on their website the other night, really good!