FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

8 Years ago today

Gringo

Best night of my footballing life.....Celtic 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3....  :021: :021: :blob06: :boldblue:

Calder ,Teasdale ,Golabek ,Mann ,McCulloch ,Hastings ,Sheerin ,Tokely (Byers ,89 ) ,Wilson (Glancy ,87 ) ,Charlie Christie ,Wyness (Bavidge ,79)

My hero's....  :021: :021:

Oh what a night ( another musical link for you Gringo)................How many ICT fans were there? It will never happen again.

Feels like about 8 years ago I must say. Now that Mantis has gone home we can talk about him............who's to go first?

"One team was showboating, and it wasn't the multi-millionnaires from the East end of Glasgow"  :015:

Oh what a night. I remember how much we cheered every time we got the ball or won  a throw in. Best night of my life.

One of the greatest moments in my life was singing "cheerio cheerio" to the Celtic fans as they streamed out before the final whistle. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up when i think of the pure joy of those moments, never to be forgotten.

Heroes to a man, and woman, players and fans alike. A truly magical night.  :clapping03:

I can't believe that was 8 years ago!  I was standing in the queue at the turnstile when they called the game off.  I was only 14 and my dad said I couldn't go to the replay cos it was on a school night.  Many paddies ensued and he finally relented!!  :015:  I remember sneaking out of school at lunch to get the bus down the road.  I did that much screaming and singing, I lost my voice for a 4 days!!!  One of my best memories ever!  :crazy07:

we thought the bobbie was taking the pi** when we were standing outside and he said the game was off . but managed to get time off to go on the wed what a night magic never to be forgotten got the video as well and a lovely bottle of whiskey as well for keepsake never to be drank .

I had organised the Caley Inn bus to the original game  - and donned the kilt and doc martens - and I thought my boss was winding me up as we drove down London Road and he told me the game was about to be called off. Sure enough, standing in the queue at the turnstiles we were told game off and that was that ... It took just as long to get out of Glasgow as it would have done had the game taken place - as we lost stragglers all over the place.

For the replay, I ended up organising one of the buses that the club supplied via the sponsors and we had a great time ...... what a night, what memories .... and heres a few more memories for you

Radio-intro from Radio 5: http://caleythistleonline.com/audio/radio-intro.wav

Charlie being interviewed after game: http://caleythistleonline.com/audio/charlie.wav

Steve Paterson being interviewed after game: http://caleythistleonline.com/audio/pele.wav

Radio Report: http://caleythistleonline.com/audio/radio.wav

Ahhhh i remember that night well, omg i was only 10 then. I remember my 2 uncles, me and my younger cousin going, me and my younger cousin refused to believe it was cancelled the first time, we thought our uncles were winding us up. I actually started crying cause it was cancelled and pleaded with my mum to let me go to the replay, soooo thankful she did. It was amazing!!!

The day of the "first game" ended up a cracking day out for a few of us.  Great hospitality from the Celtic Supporters Clubs and a long, long night in the bars and clubs of Glasgow.

The match itself.  Cheering our first corner as if we had won the game.  Little did we know what was coming.  Heres hoping that we can put up as good a show in a few weeks time!

I can still remember the feeling in that part of the ground. looking at the clock thinking only 15 minutes to go, only 14 minutes to go, only 13 minutes to go (you get the idea) .... looking round at my fellow supporters with a ****-eating grin on my face only to see that everyone else had the same big grin too .... no words needing said, just a nod as everyone acknowledged their belief that we could do this to everyone around them but still scared that it would all go wrong ..... that was the longest 15 minutes of my life.

Then when it all ended, the bedlam in one part of the ground as the rest was virtually empty. the noise, the chanting and then the team running up to our end in a line, hand in hand and sliding to the turf to acknowledge the fans ..... a memory that will stay with me for the rest of my life .........

There won't be another footballing day like it unless and until we win the Scottish Cup ! Although, beating St Johnstone to win the First Division was a close second but the edge was taken of that just a little as nobody then knew whether we were going to apply to take our place in the SPL still less whether we would be allowed to.