FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

DARGOOOOOOO COMING BACK???

tokelyisvictorious

Another rumour I have been hearing a lot of in previous weeks is one I am pleading is to come true.

Brewster will be adding Marius Niculae to his summer clearout and hopefully getting a big cheque in return, all of which he will plunge into a huge effort to tempt Craig Dargo back.  With Niculaes stupendous wages off the bill, Dargo will be offered almost twice what he was at the end of last season to lure Drago back to the club where he enjoyed the most successful season in his career, scoring 20 goals in a great season for ICT.

With Dargo back all lingering fears of relegation I have will be blown away in a flurry of goals for the wee man.

And only then will I be convinced that we have a use for Graham Bayne.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Arab4Ever

Niculae might well be off the wage bill but surely Orion arnt going to be willing to fund buying and paying for Craig Dargo? Plus the guts of any large cheque will most likely end up with Orion to cover the wages they paid and plus a cut for themselves as well.

The club are reportedly paying about half of Niculaes wages, which amounts to over ?2k a week, plus Dargo hasn't exactly been setting the world alight with his performances for the saints. 

Even with that and my hopeful optimism, the only way I can see this happening is if we get in some funding from other sources.  If we do, then Brewster will need to win over the majority of fans again and spend the newfound money wisely, and one way of doing so would be to buy one the best strikers to grace the ICT pitch.

If they get back to form...Definitely!

Fraser

Tokely Munro Dods Hastings

Black    Proctor

Cowie    Niculae    Jaunjo

Dargo

It's like old times!!!  :021:

If they get back to form...Definitely!

Fraser

Tokely Munro Dods Hastings

Black     Proctor

Cowie     Niculae    Jaunjo

Dargo

It's like old times!!!  :021:

Now all we need is the old team spirit, the old away form, the old Brewster and a new Ian Black and we'll be fine.

From reading St.Mirren fans posts on Pie and Bovril, they aren't too impressed with Dargos workrate.  Maybe he hasn't found paisley to be the paradise he thought it was...

The club are reportedly paying about half of Niculaes wages, which amounts to over ?2k a week, plus Dargo hasn't exactly been setting the world alight with his performances for the saints. 

For someone who seems so intent on seeing Dargo back in an ICT shirt you give a very convincing argument against it!!!

He's only just back from injury and early signs seem to indicate that he isn't doing too much.  The guy has a drawer in the filing cabinet all to himself for his medical file and whilst we were relatively fortunate whilst he was here I think it's far too much of a risk to be spending money to take him back.

Nexttttt.....

He's only just back from injury and early signs seem to indicate that he isn't doing too much.  The guy has a drawer in the filing cabinet all to himself for his medical file and whilst we were relatively fortunate whilst he was here I think it's far too much of a risk to be spending money to take him back.

Spot on.  Why is it so many posters advocate bringing back ex players (and managers)?  It rarely works.

I agree with CaleyD on this one.  We were fortunate to get the goals that we did from him while he wasn't on the medical table.

As for Caleyboy... I take it you didn't witness Zander tear St Mirren a new ersehole at the end of last season?... Zander is very capable at SPL level.

if we need a new striker which we blatantly do then we should be looking at andrew barrowman at caley feeder club fc (aka county) already bagged 26 goals in the 2nd division and ok the spl is much tougher but even if he gets half that in the league next year then he will be a success

Once again the "experts"are putting down one of our youngsters. Based on what?? I can count on one hand the number of good 20 year old midfielders in the SPL. Kids have to start somwhere. The lad is doing really well at Elgin. Nominated for 3rd Div PotY. Has yet to get a proper chance in the top flight but still he's put down. What chance has he and the others got if the support has such high expectations. We're Inverness not Real Madrid

Zander is very capable at SPL level.

How do you know that?  He hasn't proved himself at all.  When he has had a chance he has been poor.

To my knowledge he has only had one chance in the first team in a competitive match so far, that was against St Mirren at Love St at the end of last season.  That day he was easily the best player on the park.  Far better than even Dargo who came on late and was kept pretty quiet by their defence.  Meanwhile Zander was running rings around them.

While I may be a bit premature in my predictions for him, I stand by them.  Zander if kept on will be a huge player for us next season.