FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness wins

Glebeict

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A generally very good performance and a deserved win.  Apart from a couple of early saves by Ike, Killie never looked like scoring.  They weren't up for it at all.

Plaudits today go to Proctor (who got Sportsound MOTM, while Wilson got the one announced at the game) who was absolutely fantastic at centre-half.  For the first time in months we looked pretty solid at the back.  Imrie deserved his goal and had a hand in the second, though he looks completely lost when he's defending.  Niculae, meanwhile, is class personified.  What a finish for the third - absolutely glorious.  I can forgive him jumping into the North Stand and getting a stupid booking fter that.  I don't care if the squad are jealous of his wages - this is the sort of player fans pay to watch.  I will be gutted if he goes in the summer, and the feeling I got at the game is that the vast majority agree with me.

The one down side I think was Denzil's shift.  He undoubtedly has the touch and the ability, but his finishing today was appalling at best.  He couldn't score in a brothel right now, and it's a shame.  It's gonna be hard for him to earn a place in the squad next season.  Oh, and the PA system, which was hopeless...again.

i think you could tell from marius reaction after his goal that he would like to stay on,he must be aware of savages departure and comments on here,why has he never jumped in to the crowd before now,absolute classic momnet,when the ref told him to get back on the pitch :rotflmao:

Solid performance all round, Wilson and Tokely were outstanding - they work well together. Bazza definatly has more to contribute - hopefully his MOTM display will have earned him another contract.

McBain and Cowie were superb in the middle of the park. Much better than Duncan and Black IMHO. (we are a totally superior team since we dropped black) Hopefully we'll see more of them there, food for thought at least. Despite getting on in years Roy still must be one of the fittest players in the SPL, he got up and down the park today like a man possessed, and didn't even look out of breath at the final whistle. He's wasted when we play him out on the left wing. Especially as Imrie looks more than capable of filling that void.

The only cloud was Wyness not getting on the scoresheet, he seemed to lack his usual cockiness / composure on the ball. Obviously nerves getting to him.

Perhaps we shouldn't read too much into post-split games, they often have a pre-season feel about them. But I'm alot more confident about next season after todays result than I was after they gubbed us 4-1. We've managed to turn things around, 3 good performances in a row. If we manage to finish our last few fixtures on a high it'll see us in good stead going into next season.

Hopefully our out of contract players will keep playing their way into Brewsters plans like they did today.

i think you could tell from marius reaction after his goal that he would like to stay on,he must be aware of savages departure and comments on here,why has he never jumped in to the crowd before now,absolute classic momnet,when the ref told him to get back on the pitch :rotflmao:

He's mental!!

love him!!!

Guest TinCanFan

1. Fraser -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Not bad and a couple of good saves.

2. Tokely -  :015: :015: :015: - Played quite well and some good slinky skills.

6. McBain -  :015: :015: :015: - Not bad.

7. Wilson -  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: - My MOTM.  He was great today.

11. Imrie -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Best I've seen in an ICT shirt and a great free-kick.

14. Munro -  :015: :015: - Didn't do much really.

15. Cowie -  :015: :015: :015: - Showed some good pace.

16. Hastings -  :015: :015: :015: - Faultless from what I could see.

18. Niculae -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Good game and a good goal.

19. Wyness -  :015: :015: - No good at all.

29. Proctor -  :015: :015: :015: - Played quite well.

Subs:

10. Hart -  :015: :015: :015: - Not bad.

13. McAllister -  :015: :015: - Did little in the short time he was on.

20. Paatelainen -  :015: :015: - Same as McAllister, didn't do much.

Crowd - 1st Half -  :015: :015: - Bit quiet.

2nd Half -  :015: :015: :015: :015: - Far better than the first half.

Referee -  :015: :015: :015: - Okay

Pie -  :015: - For once it wasn't nice at all and seemed to have burnt cheese stuck on the side.  :020:

Just for the record, regarding the amount of long balls played by ICT under Brewster, the number today was roughly 44!  They seldomly worked.  :020:

Fraser - Nothing to do bar deal with a few cross balls which he did with ease. Made one good stop in the 1st half 6.5/10

Tokely - Typical Rossco: Good going forward, suspect at the back 7/10

Proctor - Superb, best we've looked at the back in a long time and he was exceptional, especially covering for Rossco 9/10

Munro - Fairly comfortable second half and dealt with what he had to in the 1st half. 6.5/10

Hastings - Offered plenty of support on the overlap, but very rarely used. 6/10

Wilson - Showed enough today to suggest he is worth another year. 7.5/10

Cowie - Starting to look comfortable in the centre of midfield. 7/10

McBain - Seems like a different player in the last few weeks going forward, made crucial run to force the own goal. 7.5/10

Imrie - Best performance in an ICT by far, excellent free kick and terrific ball in for the 2nd, does need to help Hastings going back as far too often he didn't seem to track back. 8/10

Wyness - Poor performance by him, lacked confidence and his first touch and ability to hold up were very poo. 5/10

Niculae - 3rd goal showed the class that he does have, just please take a pay cut. 8/10

Only negative for me today was that I have agreed with Brian Irvine over something. Proctor was definitely MOTM.

First off, apologies to the lads in the Innes for me going AWOL and landing up on here.  Was skipping my round honest, and next time the first drinks are on me.

The game started a bit slow and I thought it might turn out to be a drab 0-0 or 1-0/0-1 type affair as the teams tried to suss each other out....so much so that we were paying more attention to the twat of a steward trying to stare down the young lads in Section G than we were on the game and missed Imries goal  :029:

The game lifted from there though and we were doing what we do best, keeping the ball on the ground, passing it about and maintaining possession.  Very hard to spot any weak links in the team today, and in fact, it was equally difficult to single out anyone for special praise as it was an all round top-notch performance by the whole squad.  It was also a relief to see players all playing in the best positions.

Fraser - Never had a lot to do, but was there and solid when needed.  Very few (if any) stray kicks as well which was a bonus.

Rossco - Once again showed just how effective he can be when he has Wilson in front of him, put in a tireless shift on the right and was solid in the challenge.

Proctor - Players like Proctor aren't easy to find and although he may not start every week, having someone you can drop in to so many positions and be comfortable that they will do the job there is a luxury we're fortunate to have.  His position was alongside Munro but whenever the opportunity presented itself he was forward adding numbers to the attack and quick to recover so as not to leave us exposed at the back.

Munro - We always get the best from Munro when the guy alongside him is playing well and that happened again today.  He was able to concentrate on his own game without having to worry about covering for others as he has been of late.  Don't think he put a foot wrong the whole day.

Hastings - I was getting frustrated at him a little as he seemed to be leaving too much space on the wing and drifting inside, but it was then pointed out to me that we had been doing the same on the other side of the park also so I think it must have been some kind of tactical decision.  Again a solid performance and not a missed tackle in sight.

Wilson - Had a fantastic game on the right and to have someone who is willing to run at defenders the way he does really lifts the team and instils a bit of fight into the squad.  I've doubted his ability to last 90 minutes the last couple of seasons, but had it not been for the heavy knock he took today I think he might have done just that.  Was good to see him back and I hope to see him for the rest of this season and next season also.

Cowie - Had a quieter than normal game, but I think that's partly down to the fact that he's now settling in to the squad and doesn't feel the need to "show boat" to prove himself so concentrates on doing the simple things well.  He was getting a foot on the ball and then distributing it consistently and accurately.

McBain - Please, Please Please Brewster do not ever let McBain play out on the wing again.  I've seen him play well at left back this season and fantastically in the middle of the park, but don't think he's had a good game on the left wing.  The one part of his game that has always shown him up is his ability to vanish (and he's not too hot at crossing either) but stick him in the middle where he has nowhere to hide and he comes alive.  He must have covered twice as much ground as any other man on the park today and it wasn't just chasing shadows.  Some reports are giving the 2nd Goal as an (og), but without having seen a replay then I think McBain might have got a touch on it....and deserved it would be too.

Imrie - Fed dangerous balls into the box time after time today and because of the way we were playing we had players there to get on the end of them and cause problems.  He's pretty hot at taking the old corners as well and was delivering them with pace, something we've not done much of at all this season.  The pace of his delivery caught us out a couple of times today when players were slow to get up and ended up heading over, but if we stick with him doing that then our players will soon get used to it and start reading them a bit better.

Wyness - Some people reckon he didn't have the best of games today but I thought he did a fantastic job of holding up the ball and giving us time to get players forward.  I would say he had a very different kind of game than we are used to seeing from him, but certainly not a poor performance.  He did seem a little rusty with regards to his old twisting and turning, but hopefully if he gets a run of games to the end of the season that will come back.  Wyness....don't be too quick to sign a pre-contract elsewhere as I think you are still very much needed here and will have a job to do next season, and I think your performance today did you no harm whatsoever.

Niculae - What a goal...in fact, I'll go so far as to say it was World Class.  Never had as many opportunities today as he might have had as he's still dropping too far back to pick things up in midfield, but if we can sort that out keep giving him chances like the one he scored from then he has a very bright future at ICT.  As soon as he scored I knew he was coming over the wall to greet the fans at the front of the family section with the Romanian Flag....you could see it in his eyes.  Ok, so it's wrong and he rightly got booked for it, but who gives a flying f**k, we've not had much to cheer about of late and sometimes it's good to see the players take one to show a bit of appreciation to the support.

Subs - They never really got much of a chance to do anything, but the changes certainly didn't break up the flow of the game or look like weakening what was a solid 90 minute performance by the team.  Wilson came off because he'd picked up a knock and the others were just killing time....and for once, I think we were right not to be have brought subs on sooner as nobody looked like they deserved to be replaced.

I went to the game today with very little expectation.  All I wanted to see was 90 minutes of entertaining football and the players playing with a bit of fight....that's exactly what we got and long may it continue.

1. Fraser -  He was good. never let in a goal

2. Tokely -  so close to scoring but get so far. put in a good days work

6. McBain - didn't shine but was there.

7. Wilson - good kicks and he's no bad for his age

11. Imrie -  pure class. fabulous goal. he's my number 1!!  :clapping03:   

14. Munro - he was there but I couldn't say it was his best player.   

15. Cowie -  he has had better games but he was there

16. Hastings - as usual he's there and trying hard     

18. Niculae - Good goal . he's done well     

19. Wyness -  wasn't impressed Didn't make and Impact!! :020: 

29. Proctor -  he still has to show the club that he's a good player!!

Subs:

10. Hart - No bad. he tried hard!!

13. McAllister - so close to scoring. he could be up and coming

20. Paatelainen -  I think he's on his way out!!   

Crowd - 1st Half - quite 

2nd Half - loud towords the end     

Referee -  he was fair :014:!!

My motm- Imrie!!!

Every man apart from Wyness played very well and looked like they wanted it a lot more than the Killie players, especially Marius.  Fantastic goal and celebration, either shows he wants to stay or knows he's offski in the summer.

Imrie my man of the match, looks like a good buy from the best manager in the spl. :33:

I forgot about the referee.....and that's a good sign  :015: - Think that's probably one of the best referee performances we've seen at TCS this season.  Let the game flow and kept control without the need to go waving cards at every man and his dog.

Would have been easy for him to have book the boy where Wilson took the knock, but it was very much a 50/50 situation where both players had studs a little higher than they should have.

Only thing I think he missed was the handball in the middle of the park where the Killie boy jumped with arms full stretch above his head and palmed it down....volleyball anyone  :rotflmao:

to greet the fans at the front of the family section with the Romanian Flag

That was actually my flag! Romania flag with "Marius is Magic" written on it lol. I sit up in Section G but wanted  to put the flag somewhere where Marius would see it. Me and mate stayed behind afterwards and gave Marius a hug when he came out. Im so happy  :001: :001: :015:

Incidentally, I asked him if we was staying, and he said "its not up to me but i love it here". I wonder if he just said that to keep me happy  :024:

Poor performance against a VERY poor Killie side.  But a wins a win!

Which match were you at?

It was a poor performance.  Hardly any good football on show.  And it was a shocking Killie team that have only won twice away from home this year!

Average and doesn't make Brewster a better manager and should still go!

Oh fer fecks sake peeple - It is a sub standard Killie at home in a no meaning Bottom 6 match  :029: This season has been awful in general.  :018:

My only worry is that it will save Brew from the boot - still more of a test next Saturday.

But good on Marius - but he has to keep playing at a high standard  :clapping03: :clapping03:

Roscoe23 is the guy in the main stand who spent the whole second half shouting "Put Rory on",  along with screams of "you're useless" at pretty much every one of our players.  The guy next to me was seriously considering throttling him with his scarf.

I also remember him telling one of his mates that Gretna's Abdul Osman was a Nigerian international with 35 caps.