Summer transfer targets

Doofer

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TinCanFan

:017: Who is he?

Archie Thompson who plays for Melbourne.  This guys got the world record for goals in a game and why other teams aren't after hi, I'll never know, but maybe ICT can do it.  He would be a great signing.

Guest TinCanFan

There's an experienced keeper in France named Christophe Revault who plays for a Liegue 2 team, La Harve.  He might be worth looking at.

Another idea I had for both a keeper and defender would be to go to the country that has the biggest, tallest, yet fastest people.  Somewhere like Samoa or Tonga for example, bring a handfull of them over to ICT and that might be the answer.

:017: Who is he?

Archie Thompson who plays for Melbourne.  This guys got the world record for goals in a game and why other teams aren't after hi, I'll never know, but maybe ICT can do it.  He would be a great signing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Thompson

He scored 13 goals in a International friendly..........against American Samoa where they won 31 - 0 :024:

Aye, and there's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Ronaldo, might be worth a look...

There's one signing I really hope goes ahead this summer - completely off the radar but, based on the two times I've seen him, I reckon he'd do well. And he's not called Archie  :003:

Because he plays in a mediocre league down under and his record came against a set of islands that sound like a Shetland select would have no trouble beating, just a guess like. :024:

I reckon we have the answer to our central defender problems right here at ICT.  We have three who are miles better than McGuire in Proctor, Kerr and Watt and Proctor can also fill in at RB or in midfield.

We do need however midfielders who can get up in support of the striker(s), and strikers who can play alongside each other.

We also need a manager/coach who has some idea of tactics.  We recently had Roy playing at LB while Richard moved in to cover for Grant.  Now that works fine until Roy goes missing in centre or even right midfield leaving Dougie exposed to cover LB.  What the f is that all about Mr B?

On a point of interest regarding strikers I see our leading scorer from last season has only scored ONE this season.  Was that good business for CC or for Gus?

Thank god I'm not a manager or coach or even D of F.

:tic01: :tic01:

I certainly hope we have being making significant moves behind the scenes.

Falkirk have announced another 2 signings today in the form of Neil McCann and Lee Bullen to add to Jackie Macnamara and possibly Mark Burchill. St Mirren have signed Tom Brighton and possibly Wyness. Killie have signed Alan Russell. Hamilton Accies have made a few signings. Hearts will no doubt add 20 or so Lithuaninans in the summer. Dundee United have supposedly got 3 un-named players on pre-contract. Aberdeen have Kevin Macdonald and the other Young brother signing. Looks like all the teams around us are strengthening.

Hmmmmmm........ wheres ours?

Falkirk have announced another 2 signings today in the form of Neil McCann and Lee Bullen to add to Jackie Macnamara and possibly Mark Burchill. St Mirren have signed Tom Brighton and possibly Wyness. Killie have signed Alan Russell. Hamilton Accies have made a few signings. Hearts will no doubt add 20 or so Lithuaninans in the summer. Dundee United have supposedly got 3 un-named players on pre-contract. Aberdeen have Kevin Macdonald and the other Young brother signing. Looks like all the teams around us are strengthening.

Out of the names highlighted it is questionable if they can be classed as strengthening!

Out of the names highlighted it is questionable if they can be classed as strengthening!

point taken but surely buying players rather than selling them is seen as strengthening?

I know we havent actually sold anyone yet but McCaffrey, Hart, Watt, Deano, Bayne, Wyness have either left or very close to it with no-one coming in.

There's an experienced keeper in France named Christophe Revault who plays for a Liegue 2 team, La Harve.  He might be worth looking at.

Another idea I had for both a keeper and defender would be to go to the country that has the biggest, tallest, yet fastest people.  Somewhere like Samoa or Tonga for example, bring a handfull of them over to ICT and that might be the answer.

:029: Where do you get them from??  have you not thought about the Morroccan guy Yeradaftie Ynow?

One thing that comes out of Tonga/Samoa is good rugby players...not footballers, we need football players.

Guest TinCanFan

Because he plays in a mediocre league down under and his record came against a set of islands that sound like a Shetland select would have no trouble beating, just a guess like. :024:

He also played for PSV as well at one point, so he could be pretty good.  See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyA0l8SssrQ...feature=related

Who is...........?

I'd rather not say, or I'd have said already :016: I'm not about to bugger up a deal before it's begun; I'm just glad to see that there's movement behind the scenes and that it's nobody anyone would pick as a target but someone who could do a grand job for us, especially with Barry for a mentor.

With that in mind, though, I'll pray to any god listening that prospective signings don't read this board. I know we've had a ***** season in many ways, especially if you're a home-only fan like me, but we've got to look forward, and who'd want to play in front of a bunch of whingers every week? I think I might be reforming...  :004:

point taken but surely buying players rather than selling them is seen as strengthening?

I know we havent actually sold anyone yet but McCaffrey, Hart, Watt, Deano, Bayne, Wyness have either left or very close to it with no-one coming in.

Only if the players are good enough. Some managers, like Fatty Calderwood, buy players for fun. I seem to recall in 5 odd seasons he had signed close to 60 players when he was Dunfermline manager and near 50 had been moved on. He signed 2 of the 3 Paatelinean (sp.) brothers at one point then punted them at the end of the season!

We have players (potentially) leaving yes but we can't just buy any old mince to replace them e.g. Derek Young. Obviously we want to know who we were looking at but we have a good couple of months to get things tied up yet.

Only if the players are good enough. Some managers, like Fatty Calderwood, buy players for fun. I seem to recall in 5 odd seasons he had signed close to 60 players when he was Dunfermline manager and near 50 had been moved on. He signed 2 of the 3 Paatelinean (sp.) brothers at one point then punted them at the end of the season!

We have players (potentially) leaving yes but we can't just buy any old mince to replace them e.g. Derek Young. Obviously we want to know who we were looking at but we have a good couple of months to get things tied up yet.

thats goes without saying, i'm just a little worried by the fact that it seems we are doing little in chasing potential targets. Knowing our history with doing transfers in the press i would of thought that by now we would of heard more about potential transfer targets other than our single pursuit Barrowman.

its worring that the club took so long to tie up key players on extended contracts and that the players were into the final 6 months of their contracts which is a dangerous time to start negotiating as pre-contracts can be agreed with other clubs. I sincerely hope that the same lackadaisical approach is not going to be adopted in the transfer market as this summer is going to be extremely important.

thats goes without saying, i'm just a little worried by the fact that it seems we are doing little in chasing potential targets. Knowing our history with doing transfers in the press i would of thought that by now we would of heard more about potential transfer targets other than our single pursuit Barrowman.

I think that should be taken as a good sign - hopefully we have learned not to conduct our business in the press and are working hard behind the scenes trying to sound out possible targets for next season. Sure we would all like to know who we are saying but Brewster can't, or rather shouldn't, name his pursuits (like he has done with Barrowman) as that is disrespectful to the players team. A simple "We are looking at bring in a defender/winger/forward" would do fine for me. At least we know they are actively doing something without falling foul of other teams.

its worring that the club took so long to tie up key players on extended contracts and that the players were into the final 6 months of their contracts which is a dangerous time to start negotiating as pre-contracts can be agreed with other clubs. I sincerely hope that the same lackadaisical approach is not going to be adopted in the transfer market as this summer is going to be extremely important.

Agree with this. I was surprised how late some negotiations started and how protracted they were. I know these things don't happen over night but you look back at some of the other players who have had prolonged "discussions" with the club over new deals and sometimes I wonder how well we handle ourselves in these situations.

I think that should be taken as a good sign - hopefully we have learned not to conduct our business in the press and are working hard behind the scenes trying to sound out possible targets for next season. Sure we would all like to know who we are saying but Brewster can't, or rather shouldn't, name his pursuits (like he has done with Barrowman) as that is disrespectful to the players team. A simple "We are looking at bring in a defender/winger/forward" would do fine for me. At least we know they are actively doing something without falling foul of other teams.

i certainly hope that this is the case and we have learned lessons from the past

Agree with this. I was surprised how late some negotiations started and how protracted they were. I know these things don't happen over night but you look back at some of the other players who have had prolonged "discussions" with the club over new deals and sometimes I wonder how well we handle ourselves in these situations.

Agreed. I was also a little puzzled by the recent announcements regarding our youngsters agreeing new contracts, I'm delighted that Brewster has given our promising youngsters a chance but on 1 year deals? lets say they have a fantastic 6 months then they could easily be approached by another club on a pre-contract. In this day and age where money is so vital to a club then we should be doing all we can to protect our assets. Why the club only ever seems to offer 1 or 2 year deals is beyond me.