FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bayne attracting attention

Yngwie

The Perthshire Advertiser confirms what will come as no surprise to any of us, that St Johnstone and Dunfermline are very interested in Bayne. The article goes on to say :

"The 28 year old still has 12 months left on his contract, but has indicated he would be prepared to talk to the Pars and Saints"

Really?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said for quite a wee Bayne's best attribute is his effort which is always 100% but after that I start to run out of positives about him, wouldn't see it being a major problem if he left but if he did I would like to see another big, well-built centre forward brought in.

We should play Bayne in the middle of the defence, he's quick, can jump and can put himself about a bit, which is more than Mcguire can do,

Abd he dont get many goals... so own goals wouldnt be a problem. :023:

We should play Bayne in the middle of the defence, he's quick, can jump and can put himself about a bit, which is more than Mcguire can do,

Abd he dont get many goals... so own goals wouldnt be a problem. :023:

Aye but he can't tackle to save his life, mind you neither can McGuire so.......................

Is it too late in Baynes career for him to re-invent himself?  I think we are desperate for someone in the centre of the midfield with a bit of a presence....i.e. someone bigger than those signs you get at the fairground for qualifying to get on the rides.

I don't agree with the comment about his tackling, as he's the first person to go chasing a man down in the last third of the pitch and often wins possession.  I think playing him in the middle of the park with his speed, work rate and physical presence could well be the making of him.

Unfortunately I would agree with others about his abilities to find the net, and that means he's never going to be high on the list of people getting a start up front, so it's either change where he plays or move him on to make space for someone better.....which throws up yet another question.....who???

Graham Baynes done alright at this club. He may not have scored too many but he's assisted in a fair few. I dont think he got a fair crack at it this season because everything had to revolve around Niculae.

I agree with the sentiment Alex, but we could very well be facing our toughest season yet in 2008/09 and whilst Bayne never really got much opportunity last season, he's never been anything close to prolific in the SPL and we need someone who will gives us a little more hope....especially if Niculae ends up being shipped out.

I don't agree with the comment about his tackling, as he's the first person to go chasing a man down in the last third of the pitch and often wins possession.

Ask Motherwell what they think of Baynes attempts at tackling  :004:

Exellent. Take him. Please.

Bayne has never been favoured as a first team favourite yet whenever he has got his chance he has given everything.  He has scored some VERY important goals for this club and has never moaned about his lack of first team oppertunities, we may have out grown him as a club but he certainly deserves more respect than that quote.  I expect he will be off and I think it will be a good deal for everyone involved, we get some cash, Bayne gets first team footie and St J (I expect he'll move to) will get a very decent signing

he has been a great signing for the club and I wish more players had his attitude

Despite giving him full marks for effort, I have never thought that Bayne cuts the mustard at SPL level.  I'm surprised he didn't leave in the last transfer window when there were rumours of Killie offering ?50K for him.  Anyway, I hope he finds a new home soon, to everyone's benefit.

He led the line brilliantly in our first SPL seasons as I've said before, he had huge amounts of potential even for a player in their mid 20's but it hast quite materialised for me, I hoped Msrius would be the key but sadly not.  Strong, quick, hardworking and a potent finisher, hes been all of these things at one stage or another but just hasnt been able to string more than a couple of excellent games together in the last 2 seasons.

A real shame as he's made his contribution, should he go then I for one will wish him well and say thank you.

He's an effective substitute who gets in about tired opposition defenders and forces fouls but he is completely one footed, has absolutly no shot power, no pace, and is seemingly incapable of beating a man, so he will only ever score simple tap-ins. Not really good enough for an SPL striker IMHO he lacks the basic skills. I could do a better job myself  :024:. The likes of Hissy Hislop or Martin Cameron would be more useful 'target man' type squad players than 'the jigsaw'. Och aye.

He's an effective substitute who gets in about tired opposition defenders and forces fouls but he is completely one footed, has absolutly no shot power, no pace, and is seemingly incapable of beating a man, so he will only ever score simple tap-ins. Not really good enough for an SPL striker IMHO he lacks the basic skills. I could do a better job myself  :024:. The likes of Hissy Hislop or Martin Cameron would be more useful 'target man' type squad players than 'the jigsaw'. Och aye.

Suppose thats why he earns a wage as a footballer and you dont.

Think I'll just mosey on down to McDairmid next season to watch ICT

I could have made it Alex, but I had too many distractions in my formative years. :003:

Bayne is attracting attention from the first division 'sleeping giants'. Quite appropriate considering that he plays like one.  :004:

I on the other hand, attract attention from the stunners on the love2love dance floor. Who would you rather have eyeing you up? The babes, or Derek McInnes and Jim McIntyre? No contest really. You see, I have all the attributes you need, fancy footwork, flair, pinnache, and positioning. Except I learned to apply them to pulling rather than football. :blah01:

Exellent. Take him. Please.

Bayne has never been favoured as a first team favourite yet whenever he has got his chance he has given everything.  He has scored some VERY important goals for this club and has never moaned about his lack of first team oppertunities, we may have out grown him as a club but he certainly deserves more respect than that quote.  I expect he will be off and I think it will be a good deal for everyone involved, we get some cash, Bayne gets first team footie and St J (I expect he'll move to) will get a very decent signing

he has been a great signing for the club and I wish more players had his attitude

Its hard to be critical of Graham because you can see he gives 100% every game. But as an out-and-out centre forward, he scored one league goal in thirty-two appearances last season, and that goal game when the opposition had their left back in goals  :017:

His ICT goalscoring record reads as a goal every 6.6 games. Thats an average return of less than six goals per season.  Not nearly good enough for a centre forward.

Well, if he does go...

I'd like to say thanks for those two bullet headers he scored against Aberdeen and Celtic  :clapping03:

Think i peeved off a few Aberdonians celebrating those goals in the pub. Shame we couldn't get the 3 points in either, but fun times none the less!

I don't think anyone can argue that Bayne's goal scoring ratio is acceptable at this level but in terms of effort he has no rival.  I have respect for anyone that has given their all for ICT compared to half hearted attempts we've seen at times this season. 

Bayne has put in some excellent peformances from ICT but just not enough to merit his place.

In terms for the future of ICT I think we have a similar/better/younger candidate in Rory

I don't think anyone can argue that Bayne's goal scoring ratio is acceptable at this level but in terms of effort he has no rival.  I have respect for anyone that has given their all for ICT compared to half hearted attempts we've seen at times this season. 

Bayne has put in some excellent peformances from ICT but just not enough to merit his place.

In terms for the future of ICT I think we have a similar/better/younger candidate in Rory

I agree that Bayne has put in some heroic performances over the years and is a plyer that should be recognised more in his contribution to the club.  BUT Rory?  He looks as though he is a good player, he has all the attributes : pace, height, strength, finishing.  However I've seen about 3/4 of a good game from him in the last two years, so I really think he needs to work harder to impress the fans.

Nevertheless I am prepared to give him another chance, but he is quickly running out of them.

I could have made it Alex, but I had too many distractions in my formative years. :003:

Bayne is attracting attention from the first division 'sleeping giants'. Quite appropriate considering that he plays like one.  :004:

I on the other hand, attract attention from the stunners on the love2love dance floor. Who would you rather have eyeing you up? The babes, or Derek McInnes and Jim McIntyre? No contest really. You see, I have all the attributes you need, fancy footwork, flair, pinnache, and positioning. Except I learned to apply them to pulling rather than football. :blah01:

Careful kiddo........you'll no get out the door with the rate your heads growing`

With Wyness gone and Niculae future in doubt, we shouldn't even think about selling him until we have a better replacement on the books (or until Rory and / or Garry Wood have proven themselves in the SPL). So far there haven't been many serious contenders mentioned. I agree with all the sentiments about his effort and while I also doubt that he would help us improve as a club if he was first choice, he's done a reasonable job for us in the bottom six. There's no evidence that we've "outgrown him as a club" - in the season of our best SPL finish (7th) I'm pretty sure he had more involvement than he did last season. I suspect next season will be another struggle and we could do with some depth of squad and with players that will give their all and have some track record of scoring at this level. 

According to the ever reliable Sun, Ross County are after Graham bayne and that would be his prefered destination as he doesn't want to leave the area. Good to see they are well informed, if they bothered to look the reason he wants to move is to be closer to his family further south.