FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sunday Mail Predictions

Ivy League

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

load of pish , remember the " i own many hats and i will eat everyine of them if caley thistle stay up"

I remember that!

we've proved them wrong so many times before!

we just have to put in 100%!

I belive the boys can do it!

:rotflmao: .

I remember that!

we've proved them wrong so many times before!

we just have to put in 100%!

I belive the boys can do it!

:thumb04: .

The Herald yesterday had us above St Mirren and Hamilton if it's any consolation :rotflmao:

Also a fan's view from our very own ICTchris

Edited by The Mantis

The Herald yesterday had us above St Mirren and Hamilton if it's any consolation :rotflmao:

hoping we do but i definitly thing its going to be a harder battle this year as opposed to the lst few years

The Sunday Mail is written for Old Filth fans. They know nothing about the other 10 SPL teams or lower league football. I wouldn't be concerned if they are predicting us for relegation.

Why dont we have a handicap and promote Shearer and let the Brew/Shearer combo take on the SPL - Victoria park next season anybody ?

The Sunday Mail may not have the highest journalistic quality but it's hard to argue too much with that assessment. Unless there's a huge improvement on our pre season form relegation looms large.

I think we will be ok. If we get an experienced striker and another centre-back we should be decent enough.

Personally i think St Mirren will go down. There players are either too old or not good enough and there manger shows very little ambition for them.

Scotland on Sunday although has no place prediction seemingly ecpects us to be just behind in the top six race...again.

Hamilton and Killie on comments seem the fav's for relegation. Every striker Killie get either is injured or another unknown entity. Allan Russell became probably their best known and even he is out for a bit. And he finished behind Barrowload in the goal charts. Got someone from parma on loan though i think.

Hamilton are all babies. Hopefully Hansen will be right.

The Sunday Mail is a joke in terms of journalism full stop. The writers always seem to be no more than well informed punters (in the sense they get info 1st) who attend a fair few games, but we've all been to games where there is a regular fan or two who clearly know hee haw when it comes to footie but shout and scream as if their managing the team. Its probably them :rotflmao:

Aye, but i think Chris was the only person writing in that thing that had ever seen us play.

This is the Herald's take on our playing style:

"To his great credit, Brewster has cultivated a short-passing game which, when it works, can be aesthetically pleasing and very effective. His unflustered manner is central to such an approach, ensuring that he does not automatically revert to more direct tactics when the more intricate style isn't working."

All the papers whether Tabloid or Broadsheet are Old Firm biased whithout a doubt. Someone mentioned that they know nothing of the other 10 SP teams and i agree.

I have no doubt that we will be safe because we have the belief that has made this a great club Now and in the past....

Survival in the SPL is Hamiltons problem

This coming season is probably one of the hardest since we got to the SPL to come up with a relegation favourite.

Hamilton - The new boys and and unknown quantity, they seem to have youth and determination on their side and I don't think they've made too many changes so will have squad consistency to back that up.

St Mirren - The team I love to hate for some reason....I think my desire to see them struggle has more to do with the eejits that post on Pie and Bovril than anything else and they need bringing down a peg or two...lol. In terms of team, they've made a couple of decent signings.

Killie - Seemed to have lost whatever secret they had to (relative) success. They struggled last season and not seen anything to suggest they can claw themselves back up to the mid table position they held for so long.

Hibs - My "Wildcard"...Seem to be struggling to put together a team that works and have had a disaster of a pre-season. Could the wheels be falling off? Probably not relegation candidates, but likely an increased chance for teams to be taking points off them.

ICT - Who knows? Still a gawping hole in our back line and up front we look like we're going to be relying on youngsters yet to prove themselves. Our saving grace could, again, be the fact that we have a midfield full of players who seem to be able to find the net.