FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokely on Saturday

Bronson

To be honest I can say I didn't see too many of his mazy runs. I am a massive fan, for entertainment value if anything. He regularily skins a whole team and then screws up the final ball and is caught out of position but he's an important player for us. Also proctor looks good from what i saw last season, so some decent competition emerging, The future's bright for us in my eyes.

If nothing else, he really gets under the Buddies skin.

Agree Bosno, he takes a lot of flak just so some folk can type a sentence.

I am a Rossco fan and, as I have stated on here in the past, it is the other team members that should be covering for him if he is assisting the attack and this does not always happen unless Wilson is on the park.

I did notice on Saturday however that he was even adding his presence to the left midfield at one point and, as my viewing position meant that I was able to look past him at CB on the line, he,CB, was not yelling at him to return to the right side and this did surprise me. Maybe he was man marking the stand side linesman!

I accept that we have competition for his place but as of now he is the best we have and indeed as has been mentioned above, he is in the firing line of many postings looking for an easy target, if things go wrong.

Fraid I disagree. I have been a fan for many seasons, but now feel that he should be working for his place, for too long he has been an automatic. I would like to see him rested and Proctor coming in. It worked for Imrie, and may also work for Cowie.

Yes, there have been gaps left, which should have been filled by teammates, but many times he has just been skinned. Managers know his wing is a weak spot and will work it. Having said that he is still one of our most inspiring players on his game.

Won every ball in the air, covered every blade of grass, made numerous attacking runs,

BUt not a single person prepared to pat him on back. But dare he make a single mistake and he's slaughtered.

You could argue that why should he get applauded for doing what he is meant to do week in and week out but no you are correct. He deserves praise. A much better perofrmance from Tokely. Hopefully he has shrugged off his bad spell and can get right into the Arabs at the weekend. Another over head kick perhaps to seal a 4 - 0 would be nice :rotflmao:

Fraid I disagree. I have been a fan for many seasons, but now feel that he should be working for his place, for too long he has been an automatic. I would like to see him rested and Proctor coming in. It worked for Imrie, and may also work for Cowie.

Yes, there have been gaps left, which should have been filled by teammates, but many times he has just been skinned. Managers know his wing is a weak spot and will work it. Having said that he is still one of our most inspiring players on his game.

Not sure that Proctor is deemed to be 100% fit yet.

I have always supported and defended Rossco's runs up front. All good teams have defenders that do exactly the same as Ross and, to an extent, Dickie do. In fact some teams allow their central defenders the same scope. The difference between a good team and a great one is that in the great team every player will be attacking when it comes about and every player will be back there defending when it goes the other way.

Ross does what Ross does and when the team are playing well he is covered. Its only when the team are doing bad that he gets singled out.

i feel tokes gets more stick than he deserves, yes he hasn't been his best but he hasn't been as bad as some of our players, when you look at our defenders they aren't exactly top quality with an abundance of ability so i think we get what we pay for with our defence. but i do feel rosscoe gets a lot more stick than reqired.

Edited by CaleyP

He was a tad poor in the first half for me. Paticularly when he managed to get shouldered over by Medhi Taouil. But second half he was back to his old self tidying up at the back then bombing down the flanks. He does need a bit of competition though...but i don't think Proctor's the answer.