FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster is the man for the job

FootyFanatic

So we're all in agreement then. He might be a gentleman but no one likes him and dont want him at ICT.

Everyone thinks he knows about fitness and has a decent eye for talent. His tactics though are often questionable and he seems to be taking us where he had DUTD.

GTF

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're all in agreement then. He might be a gentleman but no one likes him and dont want him at ICT.

Everyone thinks he knows about fitness and has a decent eye for talent. His tactics though are often questionable and he seems to be taking us where he had DUTD.

GTF

Nail... Hit... Head...

Guest bingobingo

Stevico are you not also an Orion employee?

can you not ask Robbo if there is a fall out?

if he would be enemy in camp?

would love to hear his views on ICT

BET HE WOULD HAVE SOME INTERESTING THOUGHTS

"Can't say anything but it will all come out soon enough" is the answer you'll get there, i reckon :rotflmao:

No not an Orion employee any more, I havent been for around 6 months. Maybe if you contact him himself you might get some answers, you never know he might even read this board

At the time of CC's resignation David Sutherland was quoted as saying John Robertson would never be back in charge so long as he (Sutherland) had a say in the club. I dont know the reasons for this but I can imagine that, whether or not he was considered, the board aka Sutherlands puppets, would have voted against his return.

It would be strange if Savage hadn't considered Robbo in light of giving him a job at Orion.

If/When the managerial position was to become vacant I don't think Robbo should simply be dismissed on the grounds that he's been here before....nor do I think that he should be an automatic shoe-in just because he has.

What I would hope for however, is that the club properly explored all options and made a decision based on the best man for the job, and not on the basis of who they happen to be good mates with...or not.

If/When the managerial position was to become vacant I don't think Robbo should simply be dismissed on the grounds that he's been here before....nor do I think that he should be an automatic shoe-in just because he has.

What I would hope for however, is that the club properly explored all options and made a decision based on the best man for the job, and not on the basis of who they happen to be good mates with...or not.

:rotflmao:

Think I will just alter my signature in anticipation - not personally sure if it will be the rite combination but it is the cheap option - and it will be the pre Xmas and pre window "present" - and as always decided well before the event - Brew is on the way out.

Some of the remarks here have set me thinking.

Maybe the unpopularity of Mr Brewster's move back was very unsettling, and possibly unnerving, for him as well as some ICT fans. This may have made him more tense than otherwise and in point of fact has made it so difficult for him to overcome that he has never really relaxed enough to be able to function well as a full blooded Manager, as opposed to his being a player, that he has just had too high a mountain to climb.

Time will tell if he has the ability to overcome all of this, inspire the players to produce all that they are capable of, and be successful over a longer term. :rotflmao:

dont rate him, poor man manager and although he was an intelligent player it doesnt look like he's very good tactically with substitutions and team selection. only thing i can credit him for this season is blooding the youngsters. i think we should replace him now unless we are quite happy to just carry on the way we are playing, which we are a lot better than! it he wont be replaced for a good while though cause caley wouldnt be willing to cough up the money of paying him off and getting in a new manager. i do think the boards no.1 priority is saving money all the time and that ultimately that has brought the clubs progress to a bit of a standstill although i do appreciate we are still a small club.

Time will tell if he has the ability to overcome all of this, inspire the players to produce all that they are capable of, and be successful over a longer term. :rotflmao:

Yup, I guess we'll be in the first division long enough for him to eventually work out some tactics.