FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

If brewster left (if only)

Guest ict1994

I would like to see someone completely new in charge of the club with a proven track record as a manager, not a player/manager, not a 'young ambitous manager' and not an ex-player just because we liked him or he played well for us.

I know this may be difficult to find, but I would be happy to search down a league or two as this is what always used to happen - managers had to start at the bottom and work their way up. Unlike Brewster or Charlie for that matter who were immediately given a SPL job.I think a manager should earn that right by his track record not just handed to him on a plate.

Edited by stomach

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see someone completely new in charge of the club with a proven track record as a manager, not a player/manager, not a 'young ambitous manager' and not an ex-player just because we liked him or he played well for us.

I know this may be difficult to find, but I would be happy to search down a league or two as this is what always used to happen - managers had to start at the bottom and work their way up. Unlike Brewster or Charlie for that matter who were immediately given a SPL job.I think a manager should earn that right by his track record not just handed to him on a plate.

Great post. Agree completely. :rotflmao:

Problem is, I dont think anyone has the chance to manage ICT unless they are friendly with the so called 'heathmount mafia'.

The club are doing excellent work with improving communication between themselves and the fans, but why won' they listen to the things closer to ICT fans hearts i.e, the way our team is being run, the way players are being treated, and the performances on the pitch. Defeats like saturday would be far easier to take if we actually looked like we turned up.

the buck must fall at the feet of the manager, and failing that, the board of which appointed him.

Playing our star players out of position is WRONG

Switching formations week in week out if WRONG

Rotating the starting lineup week in week out is WRONG

Untimely subatitions are WRONG

All these things are fault of no-one else but the manager... and he is driving our best players out.

Rankin, Niculae, Wyness, Bayne, Wilson and possibly Cowie and Black in 3 short weeks time... Disgraceful.

Not so sure on Pele or Ian McCall

Although both excellent managers in the lower divisions, they didnt really cut it in the SPL.

Robbo on the other hand, was excellent for us and was doing well at hearts before being booted out for not following the Romanov rules and regulations of team selection. He has good connections in the game and above all else, has the respect of both players and fans. Why he was not re-appoined instead of brew is beyond me, and I have no doubt barry would be back in a coaching role within 12 months, should brew finally see sence and resign with at least a little dignity.

I was actually thinking of mentioning Ian McCall as well but thought I would get slated.

He is doing well with Partick, did extremely well with Falkirk, QoS and Airdrie and although he wasn't brilliant at DU his record was much, much, much better than Brewsters and we still gave him the job. McCall averaged over 1 point per game as DU manager, whereas Brewster averaged less than 0.5 points per game

I think McCall can be a bit of a niaff (sp) but if he got the results and got us playing more entertaining football who cares.

Not saying he is definitely THE man for the job, but I would be happy to bet he would be much better than Brewster.

I was actually thinking of mentioning Ian McCall as well but thought I would get slated.

He is doing well with Partick, did extremely well with Falkirk, QoS and Airdrie and although he wasn't brilliant at DU his record was much, much, much better than Brewsters and we still gave him the job. McCall averaged over 1 point per game as DU manager, whereas Brewster averaged less than 0.5 points per game

I think McCall can be a bit of a niaff (sp) but if he got the results and got us playing more entertaining football who cares.

Not saying he is definitely THE man for the job, but I would be happy to bet he would be much better than Brewster.

He'd definitely be much better than Brewster but on the downside, he'd single handedly destroy our Youth setup. I'm sure he's done similar things at every club he's been in charge of.

Realisticly, I'd like to think the shortlist would look like this:

Charlie Christie

John Robertson

Gordon Chisholm

Craig Brown

The board would probably really like to appoint Christie again, but if he has any sense, he'll turn the offer down. He is way to inexperienced to sort out the mess he'll inherit from Brewster.

I'd like to see us appoint any of the other 3 with Bazza, CC or Donald Park as assistant. If Robertson was appointed, does anyone think Park would be likely to return? He is afterall, only a coach at Hibs and isn't involved in the management but I think he really liked being in the assistant role.

Edited by Jay_7

personally i wouldnt mind Robbo as DoF, knows the game, has played it at a high level and has contacts outwith the highland league in the game.

whether viable or not i would love to see a manager from the following:

Eric Black

John Collins

Ally McCoist

Kevin Macdonald

Ricky Srbagria (sp)

Craig Brown (DoF maybes?)

John Robertson (either the aston villa one or our former boss would be good IMO)

with a coaching role for Barry Wilson too and Pele as a scout

Maybe all Brewster needs is a new 'lucky' hat to pull his team selections out of :rotflmao:

Given the fact that he seems to be pulling them from his erse right now, then I think a hat would be a big improvement.

:thumb04: classic!!

Edited by Libero