FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Reading between the lines

Kirishima

Barry Wilson:

"I think the manager admitted himself a couple of weeks ago that he tried to go down the youngster route and it has not worked," Wilson told BBC Sport. "So I think he is looking to bring in a few experienced faces in January."

Craig Brewster:

?I have a list of players which will be passed on to director of football Graeme Bennett and hopefully he can wheel and deal and get some of them to sign...It is not always that simple, but we will be working hard. We are looking at forwards, but goal scorers are not always easy to find.

So, one would assume, we are definitely getting one, experienced striker... but who? Is it another First Division raid? More than likely as I doubt any SPL side will be selling to each other, might be from England, but i think...

Andy Kirk (29) Dunfermline 17 games/9goals, N.Ireland internationalist and SPL experience aplenty

What is more worrying is that he does not seem to think that there's a problem in defence.

We know we cant score many goals but we are leaking goals at a hellofa rate and points are gained by being solid at the back.

What is more worrying is that he does not seem to think that there's a problem in defence.

We know we cant score many goals but we are leaking goals at a hellofa rate and points are gained by being solid at the back.

I think there will be a midfielder and a defender brought in as well. Midfielder to replace Black/Cowie and a partner for Munro. They had better be three quality additions, although i suspect they will be very good SFL division 1 players, not SPL quality. If the three brought in are not up to it then I fear for the future.

Yes, you may be right. I do think Calderwood might give his pal a helping hand in return for rolling over. Any SPL player will come from the top 5 teams, the others need their players.

I have sneaking suspicion, it could be someone from England. But if its domestic, Mackie or Kirk seem plausible enough.

What kind of player would complement Rooney?

What kind of player would complement Wood?

'when in a hole stop digging'

Shore up the defence first. Wonder if any loan deals are realistic? Goal difference could be crucial, who wouldn't settle for a couple of 0-0s in the next few weeks?

Precisely. We have only drawn two matches in the league this season. Before last season we were generally a difficult side to beat in the SPL and if we didn't play well we had the grit to pull out a point. See below:

04/05 - 11 draws

05/06 - 13 draws

06/07 - 13 draws

07/08 - 4 draws

08/09 - 2 draws

We are currently on a poor run, which we have had before in the SPL. However, in previous poor runs we have managed to pick up points - in between October and December 2006 we went nine matches without a win, but still managed four draws. Contrast this to the run between January and April last season where we went eleven games without a win and only managed two draws (which preceded seven straight losses).

Ever since the departure of Darren Dods we haven't been as solid at the back and thsi has lead to us racking up these losing streaks when we are in poor form.

Nice stats ICTChris. It seems that Steven Pressley is your man. Which means there is still a Striker out there with an e-mail from ICT in his inbox.

Kilmarnock are after Mark Burchill, and he is an experienced striker...Perhaps ICT are also after him, i would imagine he has at least been approached, a targetman for the young uns to feed off.

Andy Kirk and Mark Burchill up front?

Edited by Kirishima