FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sunday's Performance

absent friend

I have come in today, having watched the match on Setanta and I am really disappointed at the negative views being expressed on here!

To say that the team played above their normal is not a vote for Brewster, it is a fair comment on the game.

We were slow at the start but we then played excellent football - the paper talk is that Rangers were not playing well, they only played as well as they were allowed to!

It was the 47th min when the folk watching with me remarked 'I did not realise that Ferguson was even playing today?'

Our team, from the back(and that includes Proctor) to the front(and that includes Barrowman), showed no fear, played football, hit the bye line for crossing and gave them a torrid time. I accept that after the second goal, heads went down BUT this was a super improvement over recent performances.

Yes, we can point to errors in specific play or players but that does not mean that the TEAM, collectively, were not vastly improved.

If we were against any team other than the OF, we would have had a great result.

The moaning minnies will come on here and ask 'Yes, but will they do that next game?' - A good debating point but give them some credit for Sunday!!

Just because we want a new manager does not mean we can not praise the team!!

If this was John Robertson's first game in charge, all the positives from the match would be highlighted on here but because Brew is still there -neggie, neggie, neggie!

I have come in today, having watched the match on Setanta and I am really disappointed at the negative views being expressed on here!

To say that the team played above their normal is not a vote for Brewster, it is a fair comment on the game.

We were slow at the start but we then played excellent football - the paper talk is that Rangers were not playing well, they only played as well as they were allowed to!

It was the 47th min when the folk watching with me remarked 'I did not realise that Ferguson was even playing today?'

Our team, from the back(and that includes Proctor) to the front(and that includes Barrowman), showed no fear, played football, hit the bye line for crossing and gave them a torrid time. I accept that after the second goal, heads went down BUT this was a super improvement over recent performances.

Yes, we can point to errors in specific play or players but that does not mean that the TEAM, collectively, were not vastly improved.

If we were against any team other than the OF, we would have had a great result.

The moaning minnies will come on here and ask 'Yes, but will they do that next game?' - A good debating point but give them some credit for Sunday!!

Just because we want a new manager does not mean we can not praise the team!!

If this was John Robertson's first game in charge, all the positives from the match would be highlighted on here but because Brew is still there -neggie, neggie, neggie!

No one has an issue with the team, just the way they are played by Brewster.

I agree that the team played better on Sunday but better than what? Lets face it we have not exactly been treated to fast flowing attacking football these past 12 months at the stadium. One header and 2/3 shots from outside the box in my mind does not constitute the phrase excellent football but it was an improvement. I always feel the boys play better football against the old firm because they are allowed to and are not pressed as much as against lesser teams. However the result was as we are getting used to under this clown and his sidekick and my opinion has not been changed by 45 minutes of decent stuff against a below par Rangers outfit.

The games against the OF are great for the supporters, but any points taken from them should be regarded as a bonus...

The games against the Hamiltons, the Falkirks the St Mirrens are the ones that really matter, and it's what we have taken from them so far this season that has got us into the position we are in..

Surely the board will have the gumption to make a decision if we can't take all 3 points at Hamilton on the 17th?

ICT always seem to raise their game against the old firm, but to describe it as an excellent performance is way over the top, had we scored and managed a draw or even a win - that would have been excellent.

We could have played for 2 days and still not scored.

Once again defensive failings have cost us dear, last week it was Proctor, this week Hastings lost Boyd for both his goals.

As stated above, its against the smaller teams that will decide our SPL fate.

........and my opinion has not been changed by 45 minutes of decent stuff against a below par Rangers outfit.

I really wanted my 1000th post to be more positive, but why is it when we play well, the other team must have been below par? A team only plays as well as the opposition lets them.

I'm largely in agreement with Absent Friend's post. I think the 'get Brewster out at all costs' attitude is colouring how most fans are viewing the team's performance. Sunday was not all bad. It only seems so as it follows some performances which were indeed, dire.

Don't think anyone was slagging the team,in the main they have escaped any bad press on here,largely due to the fact that many are being sent out to play in positions they dont know and are being given strange instructions from the "messiah :rotflmao: " in charge

At the end of the day one half decent 45 minutes doesn't make a season and most of us can see the bigger picture

The first half was quite a good performance and there was a sense of optimism in the north stand. Caley played well and the defence looked more organised. Rangers weren't quite clicking and were poor. Another great half-time team talk and a ''world class'' goal from a ''world class'' player started the scoring. pedro mendes was not closed down. heads went down and we didnt really get back into the game.

I suppose it was a much better performance than the past few weeks but can we really put out the same performance against Hamilton?

........and my opinion has not been changed by 45 minutes of decent stuff against a below par Rangers outfit.

I really wanted my 1000th post to be more positive, but why is it when we play well, the other team must have been below par? A team only plays as well as the opposition lets them.

I'm largely in agreement with Absent Friend's post. I think the 'get Brewster out at all costs' attitude is colouring how most fans are viewing the team's performance. Sunday was not all bad. It only seems so as it follows some performances which were indeed, dire.

I think quite a few posts on the matchday thread acknowledge the first-half performance was good - the thing is, though, that that work was undone by a goal right at the start of the second half, which has been a recurring problem all season. I know it was a good goal, but surely we're capable of keeping the ball for longer and trying to frustrate them and take the fire out of the game again? It's the repetition of such errors, as well as slightly mystifying selections such as Barrowman as a lone striker and Cowie being played in no man's land, that frustrate a lot of us who would rather not be calling for the manager's head, but see no other way out of this.

'No one has an issue with the team, just the way they are played by Brewster'

My point is that the team did not get the recognition, for their improved performance, that they would have received had they a new manager in charge!

'against a below par Rangers outfit.'

As good as you are allowed to play!!

'At the end of the day one half decent 45 minutes doesn't make a season and most of us can see the bigger picture'

Are you so blinded by the cause that you feel that people like me, who feel Brewster is not the best for the club, but can appreciate when the team puts on a better show, do not realise the plight we are in? You are so wrong!

' but can we really put out the same performance against Hamilton?'

Enough said!