Trialists (merged)

strathyjags

These are triallists. We haven't signed them and there's no indication that we will. They may prove to be an asset to our squad, they may not but I wouldn't judge any of them on their Latvian record. They could well be more suited to our style of game. Nobody will ever know unless they're given a chance.

But Alex even Brewster has said that we need experince at this time.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent changed my opinion about Brewster's tenure as manager .... BUT

I was happy to see him at least try to get Pressley - regardless of the answer that comes back this week or next. It at least acknowledges there is a problem in that position and that an experienced player with organisational and leadership qualities is required.

I have no problem with him taking as many trialists to the TCS as he wants ..... he has shown in the past that he doesnt just hand them all a contract and he may unearth a decent player or two at some point. For me, it looks like he is certainly trying to sort things out, but regardless of the money the chairman says will be ploughed into his transfer budget, we are still shopping in the pound shop rather than designer outlets when it comes to players. That part is not his fault nor is it really the fault of the board ... its just a simple fact of the economics of being a small fish in a big pond.

Ultimately though, my worry is that even if he does find a gem or two, or manages to get that experienced player(s) he is looking for, will he know how to motivate and coach them?

I very happy to see us with potentially 5 or 6 new faces and i dont agree that we should cast judgement until we have seen them play. Despite all the recent Brewster,Malky,Grassa & Board talk, i for one see these Transfers as being a positive step for the club.

It cant be healthy for ICT to have players like Tolkley, Hastings & others to have little or no competition for their places..This only leads to complaceny, so hopefully new faces will put the wind up some of our regulars

ps. Does anyone know if the 2 loaned Hibs players are cup tied..thinking out loud for the Partick game ?

I very happy to see us with potentially 5 or 6 new faces and i dont agree that we should cast judgement until we have seen them play. Despite all the recent Brewster,Malky,Grassa & Board talk, i for one see these Transfers as being a positive step for the club.

It cant be healthy for ICT to have players like Tolkley, Hastings & others to have little or no competition for their places..This only leads to complaceny, so hopefully new faces will put the wind up some of our regulars

ps. Does anyone know if the 2 loaned Hibs players are cup tied..thinking out loud for the Partick game ?

Considering this round is the first for SPL teams I can't see how they could be cup tied.

Considering this round is the first for SPL teams I can't see how they could be cup tied.

do i read a hint of sarcasm there

there seems to be confusion in the media over whether the deals are loans or transfers ..... but if we assume they are loans then I believe Hibs could cup-tie them as part of the deal in case they were recalled and needed for future rounds ... However, that seems unlikely given that they have allowed them both to go until the end of the season which also coincides with the end of their Hibs contracts .....

there seems to be confusion in the media over whether the deals are loans or transfers ..... but if we assume they are loans then I believe Hibs could cup-tie them as part of the deal in case they were recalled and needed for future rounds ... However, that seems unlikely given that they have allowed them both to go until the end of the season which also coincides with the end of their Hibs contracts .....

yes most papers say permenant deal,but some say loan,but seeing as you cant loan 2 from 1 club i think it will be permenant

yes most papers say permenant deal,but some say loan,but seeing as you cant loan 2 from 1 club i think it will be permenant

Did we not loan two to Elgin City last season? And this season

Edited by Alex MacLeod

I'd imagine we're just taking over their contracts. No transfer or signing on fee. Maybe even with Hibs paying some of their wages. Gets them off the Hibs wage role and means we've got some new faces with no commitment, just in case...

Words like "straws" and "clutching" spring to mind for me with all this activity...

He be damned if he does and damned if he dont, eh John.

very true,iam totally shocked by a lot of the negative comments re these signings,he cant win,if we hadnt signed anyone there would be a rebellion,we cant expect to attract even spl 1st team players given our location and league position,please dont judge these guys untill they have a few games under there belts,will all these doubters change if they keep us up :rotflmao:

Words like "straws" and "clutching" spring to mind for me with all this activity...

He be damned if he does and damned if he dont, eh John.

Yes.... and like someone said yesterday he's in a lose - lose situation with tomorrow's game....

Unfortunately he rather got himself into this mess...

Both have signed on loan according to BBC.

I'd imagine we're just taking over their contracts. No transfer or signing on fee. Maybe even with Hibs paying some of their wages. Gets them off the Hibs wage role and means we've got some new faces with no commitment, just in case...

According to club site, they have signed until the end of season following their release from Hibs so doesnt sound like a loan