FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher is Boss

Renegade

sacked at coventry with relegation looking increasingly likley, sacked at sunderland,struggling at wrong end of div 1, took motherwell to league cup final thrashed 5 - 1 by rangers, sacked at sydney fc, brentford ,butchers regin at griffin park was not a successful one won 5 games in 23 contract terminated, sounds like the board did there homework, :thumb04:

Still think you need to read into statistics more.....

Where's that old Ebbe Skovdahl quote? :rotflmao:

Guest maggotgreen

".....his seven-month spell at Brentford ended in December 2007 after a run of five consecutive defeats and 520 minutes without scoring a goal." BBC Football web site.

Sound familiar?

Looks like the board have done their homework again.

As`was posted elsewhere on this site, at least we can look forward to the Highland derby next season (as long as the farmers stay up) and hopefully Robbo will have got the gig by then.

Time for me to kick back with my "Radiohead play Leonard Cohen" compilation.

:rotflmao:

Saved Coventry from relegation and was climbing up the league the following season when he was surprisingly sacked.

Saved Sunderland from relegation then sacked half way through the following season.

Saved Motherwell from going to the wall by keeping them up when they were in administration.

Brentford fans never wanted him. They always wanted Martin Allan and never gave him a chance.

Look at his strong points. Saves clubs from relegation.

Guest kennethhenry

Saved Coventry from relegation and was climbing up the league the following season when he was surprisingly sacked.

Saved Sunderland from relegation then sacked half way through the following season.

Saved Motherwell from going to the wall by keeping them up when they were in administration.

Brentford fans never wanted him. They always wanted Martin Allan and never gave him a chance.

Look at his strong points. Saves clubs from relegation.

Yes he has a decent track record when you look at tat. But his career is chequered to say the least.

Hopefully he will do the business with us though.

But none of those clubs had Proctor, Maguire, Hastings etc.

He was an international quality defender in his days though.

Who know's, perhaps he can mould the misfits mentioned above into decent players although i wouldn't hold my breath :rotflmao:

He will automitically command a get the respect of the dressing room something Brewster was never capable of doing and i think although not my prefered choice i still think he can take us away from relegation and retain our SPL status.

Glory Glory Terry Butcher

Glory Glory Terry Butcher

As the Caley Jags go marching on on on!

Magnificent appointment!

A man of steel in true Caley tradition

Praise the Lord

LET'S ALL GET RIGHT BEHIND THE BIG MAN

Edited by DRAGAN

Yip - we have no option really but he has to be given a wee bit of time - but as I have been around fer centuries I have a bad feeling in ma water cos I can recall a Butcher travelling north in 1746, usurped a young pretender, slaughtered a Jacobite nation and put the Highlands into a recession.

Feck me - his mums name is no Pat is it ?

How great to have a manager with some communication skills for a change. Humour and analysis. Now if he can carry that attitude into work, it can only benefit the team. Good to hear him sound positive. If we could get some points early in his new job, then I think we have a good fighting chance.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i think butch will look at some of the players he signed for motherwell, but its going to be hard just to tell what players to bring in before the weekend just by looking at the squad in training

I warmly welcome the appointment of the new management team and they will get my full support. I urge everbody to unite behind the team and management, so that together we can play our part in fighting off the threat of relegation. I know that's easy to say and harder to act upon but everthing else is secondary in the face of this threat. We've had little to cheer about this season but I really hope that Butcher can turn things around; get the team motivated and fired up to spur on a challenge to the teams above.

But none of those clubs had Proctor, Maguire, Hastings etc.

He was an international quality defender in his days though.

Who know's, perhaps he can mould the misfits mentioned above into decent players although i wouldn't hold my breath :thumb04:

Can I take a moment to point out that Dickie is an international quality defender having been capped 53 times for Canada now. :rotflmao:

I have just watched the STV interview (airport), watched the BBC one, and listened to the BBC Radio interview and I am happy that he is here to do a job, seems to know what the job is, and even knows a bit about the club already .......

Here's the links to save people having to look all over the place.

BBC Video: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7854613.stm

BBC Radio: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7854551.stm

STV @ Airport: http://news.stv.tv/sport/72508-terry-butch...be-a-challenge/

Scotty

Thank you for posting these clips. I was about to ask someone to do that.

Why are you calling him TEL. Is it so that when you ask him a question you can speak his brother's first name ..."Pray"...?

Eh?

Good luck Terence. Judgement reserved . Talking heads are a dime a dozen but results are what we need.

:rotflmao:

Talking Heads are on the road to nowhere.

Congratulations on getting the job Terence. The hard work begins now, be prepared to roll your sleeves up and please ensure you tighten the leaky defence.