FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Djebi-zadi

AJS

couldnt believe he was starting

I really feared for the worst

as a celtic fan Id be questioning strachans tactics, surely you would have got aiden mcgeady on the other side to take on djebi-zadi. Rossco was a bit of a rock yesterday against mcgeady yesterday. if mcgeady had been on the right against djebi-zadi there would have been more of a threat especially since folan wasnt 100% fit to cover.

I think djebi-zadi played well, I reckon butcher told him just to punt everything that came to him his ball control is HORRIBLE! bit of a bobo balde

anyone else see the amount of divets djebi-zadi left?

what a beast he is!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I thought the idea was to have Proctor acting almost as a 2nd right back to help double up on McGeady...

Yep, that was how it panned out with a lot of mutual bacon saving going on. Even Russel was called in a few times. Proctor never really got stuck in to the same extent as Rosco, but the whole thing seemed to work.

Proctor is going to be one of those players that terryanjune will remake/remodel or dump, I think. He showed a lot when he was first here, but since coming back with his patron, things have been a good bit more quiet.

I remarked on the match thread at halftime, that Setanta were even commenting on Proctor not being concerned with providing cover for Rossco. ''He is only now trotting back' was one comment. Contrast that with Imrie who chased every lost cause and showed they could be won.

Either Proctor was under orders to stay upfield or needs a word!

motivation

Yes I would say this was the main reason, particulary for the celtic game I am not sure that butcher would have had that much time to work on the coaching with him, but whatever the reason it is a welcome surprise.

Edited by stevico1

its got to be a combination of things but he's gone from not even looking like a footballer to being fantastic in two games.unlucky not to get man of the match today imo.lets see if he can be consistant too though as thats whats let him down with other clubs

motivation

Yes I would say this was the main reason, particulary for the celtic game I am not sure that butcher would have had that much time to work on the coaching with him, but whatever the reason it is a welcome surprise.

Lionel my MOM by a country mile today, never put a foot wrong either stopping or going forward. County fans will tell you that he has some days like these, but others he is abysmal. So far he is surprise of the season. Top work.

Got to agree Gordy, Lionel was once again a revelation today and deserved MOM.

I think Lionel is a confidence player and the more confidence he gets hopefully the better he will perform.

He could turn out to be our find of the season if he continues his current progress, but only time will tell if this is just a flash in the pan but lets hope not.

Wonder what a MOM award would do for his confidence.

I'm really pleased for him after the severe and OTT stick he took on here regurarly from many people. That's two 'flash in the pan' performances in a row now. How many will it take before he makes the left back spot his own? At least Butcher appears to be prepared to give him a decent chance, even if it was injuries and suspensions which forced him into it.

Agreed, he was MOTM by far. His timing, composure and first touch were all terrific.. and his passing out of defense today was reminiscent of Bobby Mann, he was outstanding!

Our only 3 clean sheets at home this season have been in the games Lionel has started... coincidence???

But he was taken off at half-time againt Partick because he was terrible. But he seems rejouvenated under Butcher

Edited by RowdyBey

Guest Muir-Jaggie

another cracking game for lionel.he was pretty good with the ball at his feet they day pulled of a few we tricks :rotflmao: hopefully he will keep putting in 100% each game he gets

Surprised to hear how well he has done and fair play to the guy. Obviously out to make an impression for the new manager which can only bode well for ICT as a whole as a lot of the lads will need tp up their game to prove they are worth retaining.

Lionel seems an absolutely decent guy. All the players want big hugs and positive reinforcement. Butcher is treating big Lionel with great decency. He also gives the players the hugs and support they need after the dreadful treatment they have had recently. The previous authoritarian regime was cold, humiliating and demotivating. Lionel is the first of the heroes Butcher called for in our fight against relegation. Not that Richard Hastings sees him as a hero. Fair play to the big Frenchman and long may he improve.

........with a few more displays like the one witnessed today legendary status will beckon. Great heading, runs and timing, dribbling, trickery and the odd heart in the mouth moment - very tokleyesque!!!!!!

A legend in the making - watch this space!!

Sorry - but Zadi is going to cost us - he had a really shaky first half against Cellic and they played everything down the left - looked good getting in the way - and he performed at home in a blizzard yesterday - I dread to think what is going to happen when it is a good playing surface and he actually has somebody taking him on down the flank.