FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pop Ups Obscuring The Drop-down Lists

Scotty/Don

Despite having pop-ups deleted every way I can, I still experience pop-up ads on the site at the top of the page. These ads cover the drop down lists that appear when you click the various headings at the top of pages and I wonder why?

I understand fully that these ads may be needed to pay for the site expenses but if they obscure the drop-down lists is this not a bit counter productive.?

S.P.

We do not use popup ads. If you are getting popups, they are coming from someone else and a spyware/malware check is suggested.

The only ads we use are google ads and 'local' ads. The google ads do appear at the top of the page but should be banner ads not popups. Google do sometimes get the odd rogue ad that causes a problem so the next time it happens to you a screenshot or more details of the exact ad would help.

Scotty

I have sent the screen shot as requested to your caleythistleonline email address.

Scarlet

O.K.--

But I think they actually are banner ads rather than pop-ups. But when the drop down lists appear they don't move but simply sit there hiding half the list.

Hidden_menu.bmp

I also have this issue with drop down menu obscured by ad's as in the screenshot I have attached.

The Club Guide menu hidden behind the unsecured loans advert banner.

Here goes, I will try and screen shoot an attachment.

I am using IE7.

Use Firefox with AdBlock Plus and FlashBlock and you won't even see any ads.
and we wont make the necessary funds to be able to host and run the site

TM4TJ - you are having the same issue as Scarlet ... we will have a look, should be able to fix it with some CSS tweaks.

downloaded a copy of one of the pages and had a play around with help of w3 tongue.gif...sorry if that wasnt allowed

try this in the ddcolortabs.css file;

add z-index: 1; under .dropmenudiv_a

working for firefox 3.0.8 but unsure if it works for ie, dont have it just now

z-index is a potential solution and will certainly work for FF but alas, it does not work for IE7 or IE8 which still makes up the main bulk of browsers. z-index is also technically against the Google TOS as you could accidentally click on an advertisement when trying to choose a menu item.

The bottom line is that we are now aware of the problem and will deal with it in the near future.