FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

THE WHO.........in the Park

Naelifts

Yeah, they put on quite a show.

We took in the first half hour of Primal Scream (tent was rammed and set was interrupted whilst those who decided to climb 40 feet up the tent supports for a better view  :010: were forced down by pints raining on them from all angles  :015:) before heading out to see the Who - Won't Get Fooled Again a personal highlight.

I cocked up last year and missed the early-bird tickets but I'm sorted for 2007  :001:

Naelifty's, he might not reply for a couple of months as he has just flown off to Thailand tonight for a nine week sabatical, touring round the lower hemisphere, Oz etc. Real music, he likes that sort of stuff, he has learned the guitar from long nights in Edinburgh studenting and is familiar with all the classic rockers.

9 weeks down under..........................lucky sod. Good to see you 2 guys are still on the go...........I bet you had some Who on your 8 tracks as you hot-rodded down the A9 in your Austin Allegros. Aye ............its hard to beat the golden oldies............just trotted out the Isle of Wight festival for a butchers..........Hendrix, Who, Doors, Joni,Cohen,Moody Blues,Taste, Ten Years After, Baez................and thats all I can remember. I wonder how much that sort of line-up would cost today.

First saw The Who at the Birmingham Odeon in '68 on a bill that also included The Mindbenders, Free (before Kossof topped himself) and the Crazy World Of Arthur Brown.

Saw 'em again at The Apollo around 1980 (great laser show for Won't Get Fooled Again too...)

did you check out the silent disco......................something else!

yea what a laugh!!

As was the 'learn how to play air guitar'! :015:

And the Slam Tent?? :010:

Fifer was there too....  Camping I believe! :003: