FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrowman

Snaarf

I'm afraid that someone signing for an SPL club from the second division and then saying Van Nistelrooy couldn't score from the service he was getting, just made me dislike the lazy, ineffective little git even more.

Although I'm sure he's a great guy and loves his mum.

:P Perhaps I'm just in a forgiving mood. Or trying to be optimistic about what we can do with the odds and sods that will be left in our squad come August. Your description of him above is polite compared to what I was saying about him after the Hearts away game back around September. I'm sure that come the fifth or sixth game of next season, when he's failed to score for us, I'll be calling for the display of his severed head on the unicorn outside the Eastgate 2...

Edited by alternative maryhill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your description of him above is polite compared to what I was saying about him after the Hearts away game back around September. I'm sure that come the fifth or sixth game of next season, when he's failed to score for us, I'll be calling for the display of his severed head on the unicorn outside the Eastgate 2...

That was a truly hideous game at Tynie in general.

Do we HAVE to wait til the fifth or sixth game next season...? :P

I hope that if he starts the season poorly for us we can loan him out to some other suckers so they can pay his fecking wages instead of him leeching off us for a couple of tap-ins a season...

Maybe the said gentleman would like to take a pay cut, unless it is common practise for wages to be reduced if a team is relegated.

Perhaps Barrowman would like to sponsor Grant Munro too!

If you were on ?1,000 - ?2,000 a week i doubt it that you would want to take a pay cut :rolleyes:

i can see him being good for us in the 1st div.

Anyone know roughly what he is on wage wise? alot of people talk about it, but ive never known.

I read somewhere he earned in excess of 2k a week.

Way over the odds. He's a 2nd Division Player until proven otherwise. Slash his wages to ?200pw with a lucrative goalscoring bonus.

For me the guy will start with a clean slate next season, hopefully we will play in a way that lets our strikers get some service and then he might prove his worth

Your right, he was a class act up front with Morais against Partick so I must keep that thought in my head, but we will still need another 2 strikers on the books.

For me the guy will start with a clean slate next season, hopefully we will play in a way that lets our strikers get some service and then he might prove his worth

Your right, he was a class act up front with Morais against Partick so I must keep that thought in my head, but we will still need another 2 strikers on the books.

Yeah with Morais up front. Cant see Morais being here next season and we dont have any other player like Morais so we're FECKED!

Barrowman and Rooney only time will tell

barrowman and rooooney are just too similar to play together. Neither are paticularly good movers up front and their main attribute is the ability to finish, and even barrowman has shown he can just as easily miss the ball completely when he should score (ie hamilton game).

Rooney needs to prove himself first, at the moment he seems that he is suffering from deano syndrome, the fans love him and the inevitable chants of 'rooooooney' every time he warms up must make him slightly embarrassed, even though he is our top scorer he hasn't done enough to merit it.

give him a chance FFS. he started in games where tactics were not suited to his style of play. im sure if we had wingers out wide swinging in balls to two strikers he would score a lot more. i hope he does well next season as it would give all his doubters something to shut them up.

Give him a chance you say?

The fans here are saying that he does not score which is his job and up to now he does not forage for the ball. A worker can be forgiven for not scoring but a non-scorer cannot be forgiven for not working.

You can overlook a one-time knee jerk reaction from him about Van Nistelroy ---ONCE-- but unless he get's off his bottom and looks for the ball then why should he be free from negative criticism by the fans.? Oh, and by the way, I have seen him in action myself at Tulloch and I did think he was either inconspicuous or lazy ---or both. And his pay cheque is heavy soooooo expectations are surely that he work HARDER next season......eh?

Scarlet Person

give him a chance FFS. he started in games where tactics were not suited to his style of play. im sure if we had wingers out wide swinging in balls to two strikers he would score a lot more. i hope he does well next season as it would give all his doubters something to shut them up.

Give him a cance you say, so what were the 32 appearances in the last year. He had 32 chances to show what he could do and 2, thats 2, goals(the last one being 27/9/2008) is the clubs return on wages on approx ?75000. Why can someone on this sort of money not adapt to the way the team played rather than the rest of the squad adapting to him.

I am all for giving someone a chance, but I think Barrowman owes ICT big time this season.

im not asking the squad to change, but surely when brewster watched him he saw how county played him and must have seen that as the best to get out of him. now his goal tally is not what was expected but how many times did he come on for 10/15mins.

if butcher is to play him and gets his tactics right then i think the barrowman/rooney partnership could be fruitful and propel us back to the SPL.

now on a couple occasions i would say he seemed a bit lazy (hamilton away) but that just now the last thing the club/players need is fans getting on players back. i know we are all hurting after the relegation but just now is the time we need to rally together and get right behind the team for next season.

im not asking the squad to change, but surely when brewster watched him he saw how county played him and must have seen that as the best to get out of him. now his goal tally is not what was expected but how many times did he come on for 10/15mins.

if butcher is to play him and gets his tactics right then i think the barrowman/rooney partnership could be fruitful and propel us back to the SPL.

now on a couple occasions i would say he seemed a bit lazy (hamilton away) but that just now the last thing the club/players need is fans getting on players back. i know we are all hurting after the relegation but just now is the time we need to rally together and get right behind the team for next season.

True but, Hamilton away is the most I have EVER berated one of our own players. It was that Dik Head because he was quite clearly not trying at all, whilst I was getting soaked and cold. I know I'm all over the place when it comes to Barrowload but, Hamilton was a complete disgrace from him. Get him to fuk.

true hamilton away he did not look interested and i think everyone that day was on his back, but would you have given any of the other players pass marks providing they didnt do much better???

he started the season so well as well, scoring in friendlies and to get the goal against aberdeen would have given him confidence as well, so the ability is there its just how we get that out of him. i know a few players (SPL/1st div) that have said that in the box he is a handful as he puts most chances away. outside the box granted he needs to work but in the box give him the chances and he will put the majority away.

true hamilton away he did not look interested and i think everyone that day was on his back, but would you have given any of the other players pass marks providing they didnt do much better???

he started the season so well as well, scoring in friendlies and to get the goal against aberdeen would have given him confidence as well, so the ability is there its just how we get that out of him. i know a few players (SPL/1st div) that have said that in the box he is a handful as he puts most chances away. outside the box granted he needs to work but in the box give him the chances and he will put the majority away.

Your right there, everyone was shocking that day.

Thing is it strikes me that if Odhiambo and Foran sign new contracts that I cannot see us bringing in another striker.

I would far rather lose Barrowman or Odhiambo and bring in another big striker..

Thoughts??

You first have to prove that you have the skills to sit on a bench without falling off. And from time to time you'd have to get up, and jog up and down in front of the north stand for a few minutes every fortnight, stopping occassionally to do some unstructured light stretching. Still reckon you could do it?!

Thing is it strikes me that if Odhiambo and Foran sign new contracts that I cannot see us bringing in another striker.

I would far rather lose Barrowman or Odhiambo and bring in another big striker..

Thoughts??

From what I've seen of Odhiambo I think he'd have a field day in the 1st Division, since Dargo left we have been crying out for pace upfront. I'd be delighted if we could keep a hold of him, still young and there's a good chance we could make some decent coin.

I have some sympathy with Barrowman, confidence is as important to a player as any other attribute and he was expected to jump 2 divisions, and in his first season in the SPL, be our main threat up top. I'll be giving him my full support next season and hopefully he'll repay that with a barrow-load of goals (see what I did there)

Thoughts??

From what I've seen of Odhiambo I think he'd have a field day in the 1st Division, since Dargo left we have been crying out for pace upfront. I'd be delighted if we could keep a hold of him, still young and there's a good chance we could make some decent coin.

I have some sympathy with Barrowman, confidence is as important to a player as any other attribute and he was expected to jump 2 divisions, and in his first season in the SPL, be our main threat up top. I'll be giving him my full support next season and hopefully he'll repay that with a barrow-load of goals (see what I did there)

I have slated Barrowman in the past but i feel we must give him a chance, completely agree with a player performing better with confidence, lets give him a chance to prove himself at a lower level and see what he can do.

Thoughts??

I have slated Barrowman in the past but i feel we must give him a chance, completely agree with a player performing better with confidence, lets give him a chance to prove himself at a lower level and see what he can do.

I will second CaleyP's comment. It is obvious a player with confidence will perform better, and the lad cant have alot of confidence just now when he's not starting games and gets abuse from his own fans. I think he will shine in the 1st division tbh

You first have to prove that you have the skills to sit on a bench without falling off. And from time to time you'd have to get up, and jog up and down in front of the north stand for a few minutes every fortnight, stopping occassionally to do some unstructured light stretching. Still reckon you could do it?!

Nah, i'd fall off the bench! d'oh! Must take skill to sit there all game!!

i think scoring against aberdeen was maybe the worst thing barrowman could do as it obviously got everyones hopes up that he was going to be the 15-20goals a season striker we were looking for.

i know that sounds odd that scoring was the worst thing to do but it maybe got everyones hopes up as i said meaning that more was expected of him