FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT 1-3 Dundee United (FT)

caleyrule

Guest Mahonio

Thanks ajsict92 but one question though, did Kyle play well because after posting my 1st post i checked match report on Inverness CT Website and it said that the goal he let in was a thunderbolt from Cadamarteri and does not mention how he played?

Also, you would personally say sign Bulvitis and Sanchez, is that right?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ajsict92 but one question though, did Kyle play well because after posting my 1st post i checked match report on Inverness CT Website and it said that the goal he let in was a thunderbolt from Cadamarteri and does not mention how he played?

Also, you would personally say sign Bulvitis and Sanchez, is that right?

In all honesty apart Cadamarteri's strike Kyle was rarely tested. But he did look ok when called out. And yes i would sign Bulvitis and Sanchez, and if they do sign i think our squad will look alot better.

Edited by ajsict92

How did the team play and were the goals avoidable?

Well alot of fans around me were saying that the 3rd goal was Lionels fault. Never saw it myself

It was that arses fault for the 2nd aswell ffs

Guest Mahonio

If they sign up then i will say Annan should worry as we would expect to beat them but after Saturday i won't underestimate anyone not even the mighty Wick Academy :) :lol::lol::lol::lol: .

I say that if we do sign Bulvitis and Sanchez then promotion will be a lot easier than without them because Bulvitis and Munro should be solid and with Sanchez and Foran we could score a few goals so maybe an experienced Goalie would possibly be worth getting in or play Allison on Saturday to see if we could have him as sub.

Do fellow fans agree?

We were in my mind the better team in the first half, the standside linesman took a while to wake up as their first goal was at least 2 yds offside, we got stronger as the game went on and took a deserved equaliser after some good work by Imrie on the right.

With Roy on for Imrie after half time we lost a bit of width and danger, a couple of breaks that we did not take advantage of cost us as we were now struggling to keep posession and Utd took the lead, more subs and we were on the back foot for the rest of the game, cue Dicky Hastings for some trademark blooters up the park to nobody but Dodd's heid.

Anyway Lionel did pretty well, Cox is good and will be a big player for us this season, Sanshuz is like Juanjo only quicker and i hope they sign him as he could be a perfect foil for Foran.

Going by the first half - despite the shyte officials best attempts at fecking up a game of football i am much more confident about our future.

Bulvitus looks a good player, won plenty in the air and used the ball well when clearing. Imrie was roasting their full backs in the first half and Sandshoes took his goal well. Top marks for Rossco, Grantie, Imrie, Sandshoes Cox and Bulvitus. Hastings and Roy added nothing to our game although Sutherland turned them a couple of times. Their first goal was well offside when the guy was played through and the linesman took a roasting from the home fans. Cadamarteri's goal a good turn and shot in the box. Their second was a free header with two defenders looking on. Imrie skinned the full back and cut back for Sandshoes to strike wsweetly. Decent first half from us and the changes helped them more.

A rare occurance tonight, straight out of the car park in less than a minute, due to the fact that there were no stewards on display in the car park. Brilliant.

Not bad, especially 1st half. I agree with all the comments about Sanchez & Bulvitis - both look the real deal. Lionel was awful, nearly as bad as Rooney who was one dimensional and slow. He ain't no target man striker; we'd be better bringing back Hyslop.

There were more good than bad points, though so I'm not shy**ing myself about Dunfarmland, Scumdee etc.

Don't think anyone had a "bad" performance tonight and hopefully the doom and gloom merchants from Saturday will be a little more satisfied by this game...despite the score.

The Utd back 4 were giving our forwards no breathing space whatsoever and it was always going to take a killer pass or a bit of a break for us to put the ball in the net. At the other end we were caught out by giving away possession cheaply on a couple of occasions whilst trying to hold a higher line than we perhaps should have been against bigger/faster opposition.

Rumour has it that Sanchez contract was a done deal before a ball was kicked....if not then I imagine it will be now. Bulvitis looks more than capable of doing a job and although he seems to be lacking a little pace he was working well with the rest of the back four and knew when he was covered and needed to cover others.

Young Allison didn't have too much to do, but when he did he appeared confident and had none of the nerves that young keepers thrown in against bigger opponents can have. He's not scared to come off his line and is always looking for the chance of getting a quick ball away...much the same as Esson. I have no worries at all about him being the #2 keeper for the coming season based on what I've seen.

Thought we were going to witness the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object near the end when Superman and The Machine looked set to go nose to nose...but it was quickly calmed.

Referee didn't have the best of matches....but fortunately it was a pretty clean/honest game with only a couple of controversial tackles....so I don't think his Arab tendencies spoiled it or had any impact on the result.

Still room for improvement, but things look like they are starting to come together for us and with the addition of Sanchez and Bulvitis then we could/should be looking forward to a decent season with a decent squad.

On the subject of Twitter....I think we proved the concept this evening and with only a couple of small technical issues to iron out I would hope that we'll be doing it for as many games as possible this season....home and away.

Oh.....and I still never got my pie....grrrr

I enjoyed the twitter updates, and thank you guys for adding a little update here when youve got home. Good to hear a fans point of view.

Also, it could be worse - i wasnt at the game but Saints only beat Cowden 2-1 tonight in their friendly.

Thought it was a decent performance but like most of these friendlies once the changes start the game loses it flow. Spoke to the agent for Bulvitas and Sanchez and it looks like both will sign. Thought Stratford looked a lot better in the middle. We needed to get the ball wide and on the deck because United were the land of the giants at the back and when we did we looked good with Imrie and Eagles. Imrie picked up a knock, so not good news with Foran also struggling, but would rather them get fit for start of league campaign than try and rush them back for Saturday. I thought Rooney looked ok tonight and was unlucky on a couple of occassions. Poor goals that we lost more to do with us being sloppy rather than good play by United, but encouraging.

very promising performace from most of the players today, sign up sanchez as soon as possible after another very good goal and general play. Unsure after games against lower opposition but with him playing utd and doing so well proves his worth. With him, odhiambo and foran up front it would be fantastic.

top marks for stratford, roscoe, eagles and cox. all performed up to their standards and with them on form we looked a lot more dangerous going foward. bulvitis was decent bearing in mind he was playing a couple of cracking strikers.

much more optomism now, looked more like a team out there tonight.

Tonight was the first chance I've had to see any of the new signings; took quite a while to get used to watching a midfield featuring three players I didn't know. All of them showed up well at times, but inevitably, with the players still getting to know each other and facing a strong Utd side, there were a lot of misplaced and misread passes. I came away from the game with two thoughts persisting, one hopeful and one a slight concern.

Positive: Cox, Eagle, Stratford and Sanchez (assuming he signs) all look like quick, tidy ball-players, which suggests that Butcher has no intention of setting the team up to play long-ball football this season. There were a few punts from LDZ and Granty today, but for most of the game the ball was played patiently to feet, and there were a few nice moves, including the build-up to Sanchez' goal. I think pretty much everyone on here wants to see attractive football played next season, and the signs were there tonight that we might get that.

Concern: with the squad pretty much in place, is there a danger we are going to lack strength in midfield and risk being over-run by more powerful sides with more experience in Div 1? Stratford, Eagle, Sanchez and Ross all looked a little lightweight at times tonight. Cox showed a bit of dig, mind you, and once his arm has fully recovered it will be easier to judge whether he could be the new Blackie.

One final thought. With Richard Hastings getting fewer and fewer games for the first team, the support is being denied the opportunity to sing one of its favourite songs, viz "We all love Dick..." However, with Cox potentially becoming a lynchpin of the new ICT side, it would take just a subtle adjustment to Richard's song to give Lee his own anthem...

Munro - tight calf

Esson - groin strain

Imrie - slight groin strain

anyone know how long they would be out for? roughly

also out...

Barrowman - hamstring problem

Foran - going for a scan on his knee tomorrow

Proctor - ???

Mounting up for start of season

Edited by WYNESS101

Dear Mr Butcher,

It seems from the Dundee game that you did a great job of sorting out the back chat from the players, As for last nights game, thank you for losing but losing proud.

Regards

Georgeios

King of my Castle

Dear Twitter Team

PS How was your Pie, I was worried 7 mins passed with out an update on it!!

It worked and worked well!! thanks for the updates, was awsome, It shows that even in the face of cut backs we as fans can come together and get updates.... PHWAAA who needs the BBC, Sky and Santa we have Twitter!!

Georgeios

King of Lossiemouth

Edited by georgeios

Munro - tight calf

Esson - groin strain

also out...

Proctor - ???

I did wonder why Dougie Imrie came off at half-time becuase he did look threatening in the 1st half and did well to set up the goal. Don't forget Odhiambo, broken metatarsal.

Munro - tight calf

Esson - groin strain

also out...

Proctor - ???

I did wonder why Dougie Imrie came off at half-time becuase he did look threatening in the 1st half and did well to set up the goal. Don't forget Odhiambo, broken metatarsal.

Another thing to remember is that was Imries first game back in pre-season and after coming back from being hurt

No one seems to have anything really to say today, It seems that if he's done bad then everyones got everything to say, If he does good.... nothing.... if he loses but still does well....nothing to say, Im starting to think that a lot of our fans on here only really like it when they have somthing negitive to say... rant over..

thats not just our fans, or website contributors, that is society in general these days ....... If there is no bad news, then there is no news at all. Fortunately (for the papers and TV companies at least) there never seems to be any shortage of bad news going around so there is always something to bitch, moan and gripe at.

I didnt say we were **** after the Montrose game, and I am not going to say we are great after this game .... it is way too early to tell, although, as an eternal optimist, I am looking forward to this season - especially if we get pen to paper with Sanchez and Bulvitus.

I know we face Annan this weekend, and the result of that one is not going to phase me either .... as far as I am concerned, there is only one thing that matters this season and that is how we do in the league so my praise or bitching and moaning will start in earnest with the Dumbfarmlife game.