FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

OH! NO - Not the Cottage

Gringo

Devasting news - my fav' restaurant goes up in smoke.  :019: :019:  Gonna have to find another home for the next two weeks now.... :019:  Anyone tried the new one in Acadamy Street...erm...the Rajdhani I think its called.

Fire

The missus is going to be devestated  :007: - she had only two meal requests for our forthcoming trip - decent fish-n-chips and a meal at the cottage where she just loves the food  :019:

If you & Mrs Scotty manage to find decent fish & chips in Sneck,  would you be so kind as to let me know where..... Sad

We usually go to the one on Glenurquhart Road - havent had a bad portion or bad food yet. and although you have to wait a little longer than most places thats because its cooked while you wait ..... think Kirsties in Kinmylies was slightly better but its certainly ahead of most other ones ... especially the 'award winning' national chain on the other side of town

Gringo - just told the missus and she is indeed distraught ..... your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a worthy replacement before we arrive  :015: :015: :015:

Has to be the Rahja in Post Office Lane.  It's fab.

The powers that be must have heard that Gringo was coming and as snow is unlikely to call the game off they burned down his fav eating place.  :015: :015: :015:  So yes once again it's all Gringo's fault.  :001:

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday and hopefully see you in a few weeks Scotty.

Gringo - just told the missus and she is indeed distraught ..... your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a worthy replacement before we arrive  :015: :015: :015:

Mission accepted....I have two weeks to report back. This is gonna be one 'ell of tough mission...  :015: :001: :004:

oh my!!!

if all else fails sweeti..... i'll russsssssle you up a wee tastie something!  :004: :015:

Nothing too hot I hope.....kinda burns the tongue you know....  :001: :017:

Devastating news indeed,the kerry oots fae the Cottage take exactly the length of time to prepare it takes to drink a slow pint in the Pheonix  :009: Gringo ,on yer mission may i suggest a wee foray into the Cinnamon by the Eastgate,never used to make it that far as its a bit out of the pub circuit but worth the extra few hundred yards Yomp , the foods superb,agree wi Jonboy on Sneck Fish suppers , never found a good ane yet in near 20 years

As an extra part of your mission Gringo - the missus is very partial to the Naan breads that the cottage serve ... whilst I favour the Keema, she is very fond of the Peshwari - your recommended eaterie should do a decent naan

Scotty : Wondering when last you were in that chippy in Glenurquart Rd - The Fish Plaice or something.... I was there not so long ago......  Very disappointing... An oily piece of overcooked fish served in one of those non-absorbent polystyrene boxes in which all the oil collected before I spilt most of it down my shirt.....

Hielandee : And you trying to get me even more depressed? 20 years in Sneck and still no decent fish & chips?

Scotty : Wondering when last you were in that chippy in Glenurquart Rd - The Fish Plaice or something.... I was there not so long ago......  Very disappointing... An oily piece of overcooked fish served in one of those non-absorbent polystyrene boxes in which all the oil collected before I spilt most of it down my shirt.....

Was there just before Xmas on my last trip home - we got 3 fish suppers (one each for me, the missus and Big Stu). No one had any complaints. I went to get them and they were cooked while I waited and the portions were pretty good. Obviously there was a bit of oil on the food as it had been freshly cooked and hadnt been sitting in the counter cabinet draining for hours but I didnt think it was swimming in grease or anything. Maybe I got it on a good day or maybe you got it on a bad day .... but I know that other places I have gone have been far worse - especially the over-priced establishment that has won awards for quality - you know the one I mean  :004: ... I have eaten there a few times and NEVER had a decent meal.

Yeah - Harry Whatsits.... Scotland's No 1 chippy......!! It's a joke, but I wouldn't say it was the worst in Sneck - even though they admit to using frozen fish....

Anyone any feedback on the one that's opened up near Forres.... (A Bervie Chippy) - It used to be a Little Chef.....

• 3 weeks later...

Inverness Curry report:-

During our wee break in the Highlands we managed to get to a couple of differant curry houses...

Rhajdhani - Acadamy Street:

Despite them cocking up the table booking for 13 it all worked out well in the end but we had to wait an hour for the grub (caused by the table booking etc) but its the food thats important. I'm pleased to say that the food was excellent and I can recommend this place to others. I understand its only been open for about six weeks so it could get better (or worse) with age. Worth a try.

Cinnamon - Milburn Rd (opposite Morrisons / New Eastgate Centre etc): Went for their Sunday buffet - £8.95 as much as you can eat. Food was excellent - especially the Beef Bunha and Chicken Tikka Mossala. Definately worth a visit. Or check it out at http://www.cinnamon-inverness.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to report that during our all too brief stay in Inverness that we did not manage to make it to either of the curry houses that Gringo mentioned, but we did go to one in London on our last night .... the INDIAN SUMMER near Earl's Court tube station was excellent - worth a little visit if in the area  :004: