FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game. We certainly had the better chances to win it. Cox should've got a second when through on Bullock, and Foran forced a fantastic save. Much better than last week, with nearly everyone getting pass marks.

The only downside was Eagles...he was mince, and has been everytime I've seen him.

Good point, though slightly disappointed we didn't take all three. Didn't think Dundee looked anything special at all. Infact, in Harkins they've got pretty much a one man team.

Def. Rooney at the end - not the Royster. Mind you I would have hooked Eagle for Roy at half time. Imrie needs to come back quick. I thought Sanchez, Bulvitis, Hayes and Cox looked the part. Jury's out on Stratford and I don't think Eagles is good enough.

The dropped-ball- Foran just gave the goalie an up-and-under to deal with from the halfway line. A bit like Bazza's goal at Motherwell but further out. Difficult to see if he was just having a laugh or trying to score. The Dee fans also took the hump with Lionel second half after a wee tussle with McMenamin I think. Wonder what they'll make of Rosscoe then :D :lol: :lol:

Dee had 4 bookings to our 1, and loads of fouls too. Harkins looks useful. Proc just about coped with him but the stats will show he scored twice on his watch. He doesn't rely on his pace so I reckon Ross would have him. Griffiths was only on about 15 mins but nearly scored the winner with a neat wee shuffle. Apart from that he never gave Bulvitis any grief. Glad we punted Kerr - never rated him. Richie Hart had a quiet game.

Away to the title favourites and we didn't look uncomfortable all day apart from the second goal, when our SPL experienced defence should have done better. So on that showing we'll be thereabouts when the trophies are being handed out, with Ross, Imrie and Eric still to come back.

Feckin Tumilty was the ref and he managed to get in the way 3 times, must be a world record.

I have to say I haven't enjoyed a day out at the fitba so much for ages. Great game, loads of goalmouth action. Compare it to our games with Killie, Hamilton, St Mirren and so on last year - no comparison.

Happy days are here again - let's see off the clothes-peg vendors next week.

Edited by The Mantis

Brilliant game today. Kerr was ****. Lionel is going to be the new Roscoe at this rate. The stadium announcer defo said that Allison was subbed on at the end but, i'm sure you cant do that. Dundee are nothing to worry about. We are the best team in this division.

The problem with the announcer and the subs was, on their teamlines that they give out, they had Rooney down as GK and the subs were all mixed up from their. Ross came on for Eagles, then I think it was McBain for Hayes and then Proctor picked up a cut head and went off and possibly Morrison came on for him.

man that makes it complicated .....

According to the official site (and what we have in our stats so far)

Morrison for Eagle (79 mins)

McBain for Hayes (88 mins)

According to BBC, SKY and Sportbox

Morrison for Eagle (79)

McBain for Hayes (87)

Allison for Proctor (90)

Sportbox and Radio Scotland had us with two bookings - Hayes and Cox but everyone else seems to have missed Cox getting booked.

That's fulltime. 2-2. Away at Dens Park, I can't be too disappointed with that, especially with County and Partick losing. Sounds like it was a great back and forth match at the end.

If County finish above us in the league, i will go out and buy a caravan and join the 'crew' in Dingwall...

We have nothing to worry about!!

Was at the game and was a stunning first half performance only worrying thing is that without the 2 shocking error by dundee i think dundee could have ran away with it but they made them we scored and thats footy i suppose what did become obvious though is that we really do need a new striker by the end of the transfer window

What a performance by Gary Harkins though he was all over us and he just controlled the game

Sportbox and Radio Scotland had us with two bookings - Hayes and Cox but everyone else seems to have missed Cox getting booked.

I saw the Cox booking in the first half - he fouled no 9 McMenamin (I think) in front of the main stand after about half an hour. Can't remember the Hayes one at all (63 mins according to the BBC).

EDIT - I see Cox was reported as 44 mins.

Edited by The Mantis

Was at the game and was a stunning first half performance only worrying thing is that without the 2 shocking error by dundee i think dundee could have ran away with it but they made them we scored and thats footy i suppose what did become obvious though is that we really do need a new striker by the end of the transfer window

What a performance by Gary Harkins though he was all over us and he just controlled the game

What 2 shocking errors? We made far more chances than Dundee - what are you on about, how could they run away with it?

How was Harkins all over us? Proctor kept him out on the left wing and won most of the tackles. How can you control a game from the left wing? Proctor let him have too much space for the first goal but even then you would expect Esson to save it. Second goal was one of those scrambles after an Esson save. We had the very same thing second half after a Bullock save except Sanchez/Foran missed it.

Edited by The Mantis

I saw the Cox booking in the first half - he fouled no 9 McMenamin (I think) in front of the main stand after about half an hour. Can't remember the Hayes one at all (63 mins according to the BBC).

EDIT - I see Cox was reported as 44 mins.

Hayes was booked at the other side (in front of the converted terracing).

What 2 shocking errors? We made far more chances than Dundee - what are you on about, how could they run away with it?

How was Harkins all over us? Proctor kept him out on the left wing and won most of the tackles. How can you control a game from the left wing? Proctor let him have too much space for the first goal but even then you would expect Esson to save it. Second goal was one of those scrambles after an Esson save. We had the very same thing second half after a Bullock save except Sanchez/Foran missed it.

I thought we were controlling the game most of the time. Certainly in the first half.

Great game of football. The first time for a long, long time, that I felt confident we would come back from behind.

And no hassle from the stewards and police.

Excellent day out :003: :003:

And Mainz 05 beat Bayern, so all is well with world :011: (sorry Wyness101 :004: )

Had a look for a Dundee forum. The official one is not busy and footymad is quite busy. Thought they would have a busier forum somewhere. Where's Heilandee the only time you need him :004:

Their match report on dundee fc online is pretty fair to us. One guy on the forum says ICT were bigger, stronger, and better footballers. Most people are just moaning about their defence and how Harkins is carrying them. They're looking forward to signing Pavels.

They don't like Lionel, and they're saying he punched McMenamin when they were down.

Some of them think we bought the ref :003: :003:

There's a lot about Foran's free ball, most of them are raging at Foran or the ref. One guy says that Foran put his hand up straight away in apology and has told TB he didn't mean it.

They've got the highlights somewhere but feck knows where.

Edited by The Mantis

I thought Lionel had swung out at McMenamin as well...and near the end Dundee had a free kick at the end of the game, right in front of goal..anyoneknow why? Also, I'm not casting aspertions but there was one well dodgy looking steward - the other side of the goal from the Gringos - did anyone see him?

Getting back to the subs mystery, both Mike and myself seem to think it was:

Ross for Eagles

Rooney for Hayes

Morisson for Proctor

McBain and Allison were unsused subs.

Any advance on that?

Cox definitely got a yellow, wasn't it for taking Hart down near half way when they were breaking?

Edited by Yngwie

That's me just home and very encouraged.

I didn't think McBain came on, I assumed it was Morrisson later on but all the sources say he came on earlier.

Definately wouldn't have been Allison if McBain was still on the bench.

Dundee pretty much scored with all their real chances, which we sadly couldn't do. However the fact that apart from a dodgy part in the 2nd half we played better than them lot.

Harkins who?