FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Drop zadi now!

Doofer

He's not been a consistent liability at all....you're starting to exaggerate and get carried away with yourself.

I've not totted up all the points for the PotY voting so far, but there's a couple of games where Lionel has scored pretty well, and if I could be bother going to check then I'm sure some of those getting hysterical will have voted for him at some point.

Not defending his performance yesterday, but some people really do need to give themselves a bit of a shake.

you seem to be defending him quite a bit!! Would he be in your starting 11?

I know that is not directed at me but I would play him against Partick. Its only a cup game and it is a perfect chance to see if he can bounce back. It is better than playing him in a league game which is im my opinion way more important than the challenge cup

Its also the perfect chance to make changes to the team ahead of a massive game down at morton in 2 weeks. Mainly Lionel out!!!!

Look at all the threads on him, when I was in France I saw many second div games Lionel would NOT get a game, he is a muppet, waste of money , but what does Malplas know about football...

Malpas has forgotten more about football than you will ever know. I actually agree that changes should be made for the Partick game, but not along the lines that you suggest. Lionel has played well on occasion for this club. He has also made mistakes. It was obvious on Saturday that the occasion had got to him and that he could do nothing right. He had simply fallen to bits, that much was utterly visible. In that kind of fragile state, what he (and the club) don't need is gratuitous comments from vacuous fans hiding behind some clever username. In short, you. At this moment, the Manager is away on other business when he should be here, sorting out the mess that his crap midfield created. He actually owes us that. When he said "just as well I'm away" he simply abgorated his duty and I for one find that difficult to accept.

In those circumstances, you had better hope that Malpas actually does know something andsomeone is supporting Lionel through this. Unlike you.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone read the comments on bebo?

Link

Well i have now and i don't feel any better for it.

One of our players gives a very poor, nervy, performance in a big game and the response from the txt generation is 2 boo him and campaign for him to be removed from the team. It's pure bollicks.

iv been the pars, dundee and county games and in my opinion lionel has played well in the pars and dundee games and had a very poor game against county.

proctor again in my opinion has been poor in all three games. i dont think he is good enough for this level, would i boo him, no. As long as i think he is giving 100% for the club i will support him. Same with any player who plays for us.

Some fans need a bit of a reality check. We are not clear favourites for any game like some people appear to think. Look at the history of the 1st division; everybody beats everybody. Every game can by won or lost, if the majority of our players do not perform we will lose and will deserve to lose. This happened on saturday.

i personally dont think its all his fault we lost on saturday. As much as i hate to say it c*unt* wanted it more than what we did and they deserved it. Sure he made mistakes but he did make that block that kept us in the game in the first half when we were in danger of losing heavily. The guy just doesnt seem to handle pressure all that well in big games IMO. hes played fine against dumpfermline and ayr but that is when it doesnt really matter. I would like to see him kept in the side to see if he can bounce back at least against Part time thistle on sunday but i do hope he does get this out his system and fast

He needs help and support, not booing.

Reading this thread it is not difficult to understand that a rest would be good for him with lots of encouragement thrown in otherwise serious damage could be done to his mental condition well into the future.

Show some concern for Lionel and keep your boos for your own mistakes and weaknesses !

Poor old Lionel gets it again

Okay the guy had a bad day, but as has been said already so did the entire team more or less.

I actually find him quite entertaining which is more than can be said of the team in general. From what I could see, not being an expert, he was clearly told no runs down the wing and I think he was little lost boy on Sat not knowing what to do. As for that block before half time, need a medal for that one it was a cert goal.

I'm slightly confused as to why so many poster on here think it was Lionel's fault we lost to County? The first goal was down to Zonal Marking and was put in at the right hand side of the goals, the second did come from his area but you can't honestly believe Vigars flick would have gone in if it hadn't have been for Bulvitus running onto it and it was him who actually scored and the third goal came from the right hand side and it was Stratford who missed the headed clearance. I do think he had a poor game and should have been taken off for his own sake, but if you look back everyone was saying what a solid back 4 we have and he was in just about everyone's starting 11. Give him the support he so badly needs because for those of you who do not understand that is why we are called supporters!

The second goal came after he was turned far too easily by his man on Countys right side and the 3rd arrived after he sold Hayes short with a woefully under hit pass that launched a County counter attack on our 3 man back line.

That said I thought the booing was utterly cringeworthy and did nothing to help our cause.

Your right. He was at fault, but the booing was totally cringe worthy.

A lot of the booing was coming from behind us in the legendary, feared by every visiting player and supporter, too hardcore for the normal section, Caley 'til I die, was there when we won the league, I've got greasy spots and greasy blonde streaks section. Why is it, you all reach the exact same conclusion about every player? Does one of you not have the cubes to tell your mates to shut up when booing our own players? You can't ALL agree with it.......

A lot of the booing was coming from behind us in the legendary, feared by every visiting player and supporter, too hardcore for the normal section, Caley 'til I die, was there when we won the league, I've got greasy spots and greasy blonde streaks section.

:blink:

iv been the pars, dundee and county games and in my opinion lionel has played well in the pars and dundee games and had a very poor game against county.

proctor again in my opinion has been poor in all three games. i dont think he is good enough for this level, would i boo him, no. As long as i think he is giving 100% for the club i will support him. Same with any player who plays for us.

Some fans need a bit of a reality check. We are not clear favourites for any game like some people appear to think. Look at the history of the 1st division; everybody beats everybody. Every game can by won or lost, if the majority of our players do not perform we will lose and will deserve to lose. This happened on saturday.

well said... have these guys who booed him seen any of our away games. I get the impression our home fans are from a completely diffferent mould from our away fans.

Your right. He was at fault, but the booing was totally cringe worthy.

A lot of the booing was coming from behind us in the legendary, feared by every visiting player and supporter, too hardcore for the normal section, Caley 'til I die, was there when we won the league, I've got greasy spots and greasy blonde streaks section. Why is it, you all reach the exact same conclusion about every player? Does one of you not have the cubes to tell your mates to shut up when booing our own players? You can't ALL agree with it.......

Can't believe you're f*cking with the hardcore 'loyal army' .... you a mad man

Well it looks like a lot of people agree with me. Lionel is a liability and not good enough for inverness, FACT! However, i dont think booing him is the right way forward. I would have suggested loaning him out however that time has come and gone. Now that golly has returned, lionel will be dropped no doubt and our defense is stronger for that

Well it looks like a lot of people agree with me. Lionel is a liability and not good enough for inverness, FACT! However, i dont think booing him is the right way forward. I would have suggested loaning him out however that time has come and gone. Now that golly has returned, lionel will be dropped no doubt and our defense is stronger for that

Is Golly match fit?

Every season a player is chosen for ridicule by a certain faction of the ICT fanbase. This season its Lionel, last it was Andy B, before that there was Rory and there was Liam Fox. Will we ever have a season where no player is boo'd?

I agree with you that some players do get ridiculed harshly at times with barrowman being a prime example, in the 1st division, this could be his time to shine. However, lionel is rubbish and goodness only knows why TB has persisted in playing him. He never looks like wanting the ball and when he gets it he gets rid of it as quickly as possible. His touch is heavy, his reading of the game is truely awful and he tackles like a rugby player.

I think the boo's should have been aimed at the management for playing him as he is clearly not good enough so in a way i feel soory for him for being boo'd but he is awful though.

I totally understand the hurt on Saturday, I also understand the human need to find a scapegoat but players do have good and not so good days and management only have so many subs they can use in any game.

Perhaps if he were subbed early we would have won 10-0 because, let's face it, Ross County weren't very good and changing that one player would have made all the difference.

Perhaps booing him earlier would have made him play so much better, so it could be the fans fault.

I have a problem with this anti Zadi feeling because, as I have already stated, even Zadi's biggest critic, IHE, has this year, in his after match smileys, supported Zadi and has picked him as his selection at LB for upcoming games and Zadi has been picked as a team member for upcoming games by 100% of the fans on this forum this year!

'Lionel is a liability and not good enough for inverness, FACT!'

Wise in hindsight comes to mind!!

I totally understand the hurt on Saturday, I also understand the human need to find a scapegoat but players do have good and not so good days and management only have so many subs they can use in any game.

Perhaps if he were subbed early we would have won 10-0 because, let's face it, Ross County weren't very good and changing that one player would have made all the difference.

Perhaps booing him earlier would have made him play so much better, so it could be the fans fault.

I have a problem with this anti Zadi feeling because, as I have already stated, even Zadi's biggest critic, IHE, has this year, in his after match smileys, supported Zadi and has picked him as his selection at LB for upcoming games and Zadi has been picked as a team member for upcoming games by 100% of the fans on this forum this year!

'Lionel is a liability and not good enough for inverness, FACT!'

Wise in hindsight comes to mind!!

Your bit in bold is simply not true. Not even close.