FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thon feckin A82

Heilandee

Had the misfortune to have to go to Fort William and beyond today,naebody warned me their was a convention for slow moving and inconsiderate ersholes in the area.Every cyclist,diggar ,tractor and caravan in the area was making its way tortoise like doon that road , noo i'm a patient kinda guy but they folk really tak the ****..... :008:

I'm working in Fort Augustus now and I can put up with the JCBs, lorries and assorted hydro construction traffic and even the road closures but what I can't put up with are the inconsiderate tourist feckwits who think its acceptable to drive along at 20 on a single track road, admiring the ever increasing line of irate drivers behind them. PASSING PLACES ARE FOR FOLK TO PASS YOU! Locals use roads to get to work, not just to dawdle along looking at the clouds  :001:

Ah I feel better now  :003:

They don't have to stop coming, they just have to learn how to drive our roads, or let faster vehicles overtake them. Its just a matter of common courtesy!

...........and when theirs a wee bit remotely straight road they manage to speed up just enough to prevent you getting passed then return to tortoise mode as the bends re-apear,standing on the brakes at every opperchancity.....rant over ,awa for a drink!! :drinking10:

Or if there's a section wide enough for 2 cars and long enough that you could put the foot down to overtake them (even though you're only in a wee automatic) THEY DRIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!!!!  :008: :008: :008:

Yeah, this is one of my pet hates too.

I do a lot of driving on the North West coast and Skye and have never been able to understand the sheer ignorance of holiday-makers on single track roads who are seemingly oblivious to the increasing queue of frustrated drivers behind them.

And the ones who brake at every bend on 2 track roads, crawling along, then as soon as a decent straight appears, the straight I've been waiting for because I know the road, they're off like bl00dy rockets and I can't get past!

I suppose it's a holiday area and they assume everyone else is on holiday too. Ooooh they forkin annoy me!!!  :008: :008: :008:

Are you not legally obliged to pull over and let traffic past if you have more than 5 cars behind you? That's certainly the law in California and I think the UK too. If it isn't, it should be...

Was awa the other direction today down the A96,not near as bad as yesterdays kerry on,but still a couple oh happy caravaners about. Got me to thinkin, could they no invent  a device whereby if the line behind exceeds say 10, the caravan simply explodes!!!

(I,m only joking, for those of a sensitive, tourist loving disposition)

A reliable source tells me FW is responsible for most accidents on the A96 due to her flashing her wares as she drives through in a sports car with the warm wind in her hair....

Today's traffic report - 6 miles empty road then six miles stuck behind a slightly more adventurous tourist doing 40 even on the straight bits and hammering the brakes on at every corner. Nice scenery though in the form of three hefty bikers who wanted past him as much as I did.  :003:

Just let f*ballers wife loose on them, she'd show them how to move!

oh my!!!

and just what kind of a mover do you take me for sweeti?

heili babe, what a superb idea (for those of a none caravaning constitution!)

unless the hubby got pee'd off with the wife and kids and stuck them in the caravan at the time of combustion!!!

i know, I KNOW.... it's ileeeegal, i was just being hypo~thetical!!!  :006: