Hearts of the matter...

Johnboy

Great win for the Jambos.... overcoming the 'tics and the match officials who chalked off a perfectly good Bednar goal....  Why does Scotland have the worst referrees in Europe?

Don't look like the O.F are going to dominate this season....

Guest Bonzo

It can only be for the good of the game in Scotland to see ANY team putting in a realistic challenge to the Old Filth.

Celtic are in some disarray right now - on and off the park -

That must auger well for ICT for their vist here in a couple of weeks.... Should be at least 1 point for us, if not all 3.

Must ask IHE to have a deep & meaningful stare into his teacup and spew forth a prediction of the likely score..... :004: :003:

Celtic are in some disarray right now - on and off the park -

That must auger well for ICT for their vist here in a couple of weeks.... Should be at least 1 point for us, if not all 3.

Must ask IHE to have a deep & meaningful stare into his teacup and spew forth a prediction of the likely score..... :004: :003:

You forget that we are playing at Home.

I was scared to mention that, Rig.... Maybe for this game we should ban all season ticket holders and fans that only ever attend home games..... They're a complete & utter jinx - Just let those who travel to away games attend.....

I was scared to mention that, Rig.... Maybe for this game we should ban all season ticket holders and fans that only ever attend home games..... They're a complete & utter jinx - Just let those who travel to away games attend.....

I would actually agree with you there!  :015:

I wonder if folk in the North Stand will beat the record, set this season, of booing the team after 3 minutes  :006:

Guest Bonzo

Yes, fantastic idea .................... let's slag our own support off, and maybe start a war between the North Stand and the Main Stand while we're at it! That should really help.

Fact: 3 minutes into the game last week the Home fans were booing Inverness Caledonian Thistle. They were shouting 'You're sh!te' and 'Useless! Totally useless!'. This is 3 minutes into the new SPL season.

They are hardly supporting the team by doing that are they? Can the players realistically be expected to perform when people criticise them so quickly?

Guest Bonzo

OK RiG, so there was maybe some random maniac in the North Stand doing that - I certainly didn't see or hear him.

I just don't like the way you make it sound like the whole North Stand were booing.

The North Stand give the Team fantastic support.

The vast majority of the North Stand faithful would never consider booing the Team - even if they deserved it.

OK RiG, so there was maybe some random maniac in the North Stand doing that - I certainly didn't see or hear him.

I just don't like the way you make it sound like the whole North Stand were booing.

The North Stand give the Team fantastic support.

The vast majority of the North Stand faithful would never consider booing the Team - even if they deserved it.

My posts weren't meant to single out the North Stand as a whole but as that is where I sit that's where I hear them. And I certainly heard them at the end of the game as well.

But you are right - the North Stand and Main stand do give terrific support to the team. But there is a minority that do, unfortunately without any real reason, tend to boo the team on the park for the simplest of things even at this early stage of the season.

Very seldom has an away crowd been negative during an ICT game - perhaps Dunfermline last season would be one though (the 2 - 2 game).

Guest Bonzo

It's the nature of the beast - and certainly not something peculiar to ICT.

Away supporters are more enthusiastic.

You don't spend time travelling to an away game just to sit on your hands.

(Just look at how much better our "home" support was at Pittodrie)

There also tends to be more freedom on where you can sit, so the more vocal supporters can group themselves together at an away game.

It's not that we have poor supporters.

I believe we are slowly building a very good support.

The problem is there for all SPL clubs.

There also tends to be more freedom on where you can sit, so the more vocal supporters can group themselves together at an away game.

Totally agree. I think we asked this before about whether the club has to have designated seating but I think it's one of the rules of the SPL but not 100% sure on that.