FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Morton

Renegade

An attacking formation for me, 4-3-3 -

-----------------------------------------Esson-----------------------------------------------

---Tokely--------------Bulvitis--------------------------Munro---------------Golabek----

--------------Proctor--------------------Cox-----------------------Imrie-------------------

------------Barrowman-----------------Foran--------------------Sanchez-----------------

Subs - Allison, Djebi-Zadi, Rooney, Hayes, Ross/McBain

For me an attacking 4-3-3, with Foran playing as a deep lying striker (ie - the Puskas role). Would also consider Odhiambo on the bench if he's fit enough.

Edited by Renegade

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An attacking formation for me, 4-3-3 -

---------------------------------------Esson-------------------------------------------

---Tokely--------------Bulvitis--------------------------Munro---------------Golabek----

-------------Proctor---------------------Cox-----------------------Imrie----------------

------------Barrowman------------------Foran---------------------Sanchez--------------

Subs - Allison, Djebi-Zadi, Rooney, Hayes, Ross/McBain

For me an attacking 4-3-3, with Foran playing as a deep lying striker (ie - the Puskas role).

LDZ benched Renegade?! I've seen it all now!

I'd go with the same team next week as today. Ain't broke, why fix it?

Esson

Tokely, Bulvitis, Munro, Golabek

Proctor, Duncan, Imrie

Foran, Sanchez, Rooney

susb: Allison, Hayes, Cox, Odhiambo, Barrowman

I would say Rooney is more a centre player than out on the wing. I would rather have Sanchez out there swinging the balls in

LDZ benched Renegade?! I've seen it all now!

Aye, apparently Golly had a good game today.

Not always true, it seems recently that Butcher was trying to play the same successful away system at home, thus not working. If today was as attacking as some are making out, then that's what should of been played at home ages ago.

I agree.

Looks like TB might, at last, have found a winning formula with this line up.

The only thing I would change would be Nick Ross on the bench, for either Cox or Stratford.

I agree.

Looks like TB might, at last, have found a winning formula with this line up.

The only thing I would change would be Nick Ross on the bench, for either Cox or Stratford.

There are always reasons for having different formations and line-ups home and away but I would go with today's line-up. Thats the sort of formation we should be playing at home and the sort of formation that can ressurect Fortress Longman.

There are always reasons for having different formations and line-ups home and away but I would go with today's line-up. Thats the sort of formation we should be playing at home and the sort of formation that can ressurect Fortress Longman.

Maybe, just maybe if TB adopted that approach, we might see a little more consistency.

We have to start winning at home and if we can't beat the likes of Morton at home then we've no chance of being in the mix at the end of the season. TB must have finally learnt that a more attacking formation works and he simply must go with a similar line up. A good home win next week with the strikers building on the confidence they will have got from today's game could see us go on a run. Let's hope the fans get behind the lads and keep the support going to the final whistle whatever the performance.

I would go as far as suggest that Butcher simply cannot / should not change anything from yesterday. But my look at the formation was:

ESSON

ROSSCOE GRANTY BULVITIS GOLLY

PROCTOR DUNCAN

SANCHEZ

IMRIE FORAN

ROONEY

Same tactics as well please - I feel sorry fer Hayes and Cox but they will have to wait their chance - the good thing is that we have two reseves worthy of being replacements - plus Eric.

------------------Esson-----------------

--Tokely---Bulvitis---Munro---Golly---

----------Proctor---McBain-------------

------Imrie----Sanchez----Foran------

---------------Rooney-------------------

Bench - Ross - Barrowman - Allison - Cox - Hayes

We have to start winning at home and if we can't beat the likes of Morton at home then we've no chance of being in the mix at the end of the season. TB must have finally learnt that a more attacking formation works and he simply must go with a similar line up. A good home win next week with the strikers building on the confidence they will have got from today's game could see us go on a run. Let's hope the fans get behind the lads and keep the support going to the final whistle whatever the performance.

WOW doofers dad, you actually talk sense sometimes.

We obviously had a great result last weekend so lets go with the same starting 11 and hope for more of the same

esson

tokely bulvitus munro golly

duncan proctor imrie

sanchez foran odhaimbo(if fully fit)

You would start a player who has not played in months, who won't be fully match fit and drop a player who scored at the weekend as well as changing a team who just won 5-1 away from home. Great idea!

I kinda agree with Joe, i changed my team for my reasons, im not getting in to it lol, but i wouldnt change the front line at all, Obi Wan needs bounce matches to get up to speed, how longs it been for him?

Has to go with last weeks formation. if it aint broke........BUT Ill have Hayes in before Rooney, either that or Barrowman and change the formation a bit to suit. Hayes on the wing obviously though. Just dont give me Rooney.