Official - County game is OFF

strathyjags

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats not really true about the ski slopes, if fact the road to the cairngorm is closed right now as they try to make it safe. This happens on a regular basis despite the Cairngorm Mountain having their own ploughs working the raod to make it safe.

The road from Glenmore to CairnGorm is periodically closed during snow fall both ways to allow the ploughs a clear run at it. People still have to drive to Glenmore irrespective of how good or not the the final couple of miles are.

A 100 or so staff a day also have to travel up the road from various parts of Strathspey. In terms of whether or not the RC team should risk travelling to Inverness, how many wont travel to work on Monday? What if as some of the forecast models suggest this cold spell persists another week at least, will/should schools go back? What happens to those who can't get to work because their young kids aren't in school... It's maybe just as well this spell came through a holiday period?

I dont see the Police shutting down Tesco Extra or the Retail Park and people travel long distances to these, could it be because they have more financial might?

I've always wondered about this. There was a St Mirren fan on Jim Traynor's show last Saturday asking why their game was called off because of safety concerns regarding the surrounding streets (which, in Paisley, with it's high junkie population should never get the go ahead for games ever as there's always safety concerns in the surrounding streets) but, Braehead and Silverburn shopping centres were opened. The problem for football clubs though would be the numbers that would be arriving and leaving at the same time (apart from you freaks that leave early to 'get the car warmed up', you know who you are......) and also the potential loss of a large proportion of the clubs custom due to folk not fancying the drive in. We only have 18-22 home games each season and we need as many folk for them a possible.

This is the right decision.

I live in culloden and cars are struggling to go up and down the hill.

Plus the tempature will drop leaving the roads icy.

Hopefully Stuart, Ross and Johnny will be back for the rescheduled game :eat02:

That's a good point actually, never thought of that one.. Surely a wee boost for us for the replay then if they are fit for it.

The police should not have postponed the game -- the club should have -- out of concern for the fans. I see this as just another in a series of short sighted decisions by the team.

I went out for a drive tonight and went round past the stadium. It's the correct decision to call the game off. I'm assuming that the rescheduled match will be a weeknight? In which case I won't be able to make it up from Edinburgh. Joys of having a season ticket eh.

That's a good point actually, never thought of that one.. Surely a wee boost for us for the replay then if they are fit for it.

The police should not have postponed the game -- the club should have -- out of concern for the fans. I see this as just another in a series of short sighted decisions by the team.

It is very likely that it was the club who actually postponed the game. The police would have advised that there was a risk to travelling fans and that they may not be in a position to cover. In which case there would be no choice anyway.

Thats not really true about the ski slopes, if fact the road to the cairngorm is closed right now as they try to make it safe. This happens on a regular basis despite the Cairngorm Mountain having their own ploughs working the raod to make it safe.

The road from Glenmore to CairnGorm is periodically closed during snow fall both ways to allow the ploughs a clear run at it. People still have to drive to Glenmore irrespective of how good or not the the final couple of miles are.

A 100 or so staff a day also have to travel up the road from various parts of Strathspey. In terms of whether or not the RC team should risk travelling to Inverness, how many wont travel to work on Monday? What if as some of the forecast models suggest this cold spell persists another week at least, will/should schools go back? What happens to those who can't get to work because their young kids aren't in school... It's maybe just as well this spell came through a holiday period?

about 90% wont travell on monday , its a bank holiday in Scotland as the 2nd fell on a saturday. the police were controlling how many went up the hill and at one point it was only 4x4s allowed up bcos of the car park, and it is still snowing here

So we have a fecking game of football at the Bught tomorrow or what?

None of this miserable whinging about whether the game should have been called off or not, let's all get together with the county fans for a bit of craic and footballing carnage.

What if as some of the forecast models suggest this cold spell persists another week at least, will/should schools go back? What happens to those who can't get to work because their young kids aren't in school... It's maybe just as well this spell came through a holiday period?

Oh My God!

Interesting isn't it that the people who seem to whinge most volubly about this decision to popstpone are not the ones who would actually have to contend with the consequences of any problem which might arise as a result of it being given the go ahead.

On the other hand, bitching from the sidelines is SO atypical of CTOL.... isn't it??????

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Charles, we don't agree on much....or more accurately I care less about what people think of me than you do and feel no need to "keep in" with certain crowds and speak my mind more openly....if you did the same then we may agree on more.

There's more "good" posters on CTO than bad ones....unfortunately the erseholes seem to post more often and flood the prominent threads with excrement which gives the more sensible thinking users/fans a bad name.

If it was up to me I'd get rid of the feckers who only serve to bring the majority of the fanbase down which is quite a sad state of affairs as the majority of fans deserve better than what they get from not only the club but the twats that do us all a huge disservice.

Bring on 2010......this will be the real making of this club. This will be the year where the true fanbase will be trule tested. We're headed for the chit heap thanks to those in charge and if the fans can't pull together then ICT will disappear forever.

Game postponements, who might come and go, which man will manage us, which players will play for us, what pies are served and how long it takes......it all means feck all. Our fans need to grow some balls and prepare for the fight if they want this club to continue and if they want it to realise it's true potential.

CD : Game postponements, who might come and go, which man will manage us, which players will play for us, what pies are served and how long it takes......it all means feck all.

They are football fans..... whether you like it or not, that's exactly the kind of stuff they talk about. ICT fans in that respect are no different from football fans anywhere in the world.

CD : Our fans need to grow some balls and prepare for the fight if they want this club to continue and if they want it to realise it's true potential.

So apart from handing over our hard earned cash, and making the effort to come along and watch the team, what else do you suggest?

If the club was to fold, go out of of business and cease to exist, you would blame the supporters?

Edited by Johnboy

What if as some of the forecast models suggest this cold spell persists another week at least, will/should schools go back? What happens to those who can't get to work because their young kids aren't in school... It's maybe just as well this spell came through a holiday period?

Oh My God!

Interesting isn't it that the people who seem to whinge most volubly about this decision to popstpone are not the ones who would actually have to contend with the consequences of any problem which might arise as a result of it being given the go ahead.

On the other hand, bitching from the sidelines is SO atypical of CTOL.... isn't it??????

If you've ever had to man closed snowgates you'd want road closures to be minimal too! :lol:

Anyway, people don't "need" flat screen TV's today, but I bet plenty are bought in Inverness today! People don't need to go skiing, or to the cinema or out to eat, but many will. No one who thinks I'm wrong has suggested where the line be drawn, some just chucked abuse this way.

By the end of this month there may need to be a serious look at how this area deals with and responds to wintry weather - life can't stop for a month or more at a time because of a bit of snow!

Edited by skifreak

Bitterly disappointed that match is off. Saves me having to dig car out of the snow and travel up the A9 I suppose. Was really looking forward to the match as I am confident that we were going to get the three points. Hope Motherwell game goes ahead now as more snow forecast. It could be a gloomy football-less few weeks.

Was looking forward to going to one of the few games I would have been able to get to this season. However having driven to my daughters place above Cradlehall yesterday and had to park/abandon the car on the main road due to being unable to get up her road.

I fully agree with the road safety aspect. A car full of Dundee fans performed multiple somersaults and pirouettes last weekend going back down the road, and that could be any one of those able to get to the game.

Mrs dude and myself came up for the game on 31st drove up and seen 1 gritter all the way up. Dissapointed but hey-ho, still had a great day yesterday in Carrbridge and sold my tickets for re-arranged game as we wouldn,t be able to get up for a mid-week game.

Free room at travelodge at fairwinds if anyone needs it as we are going south today now.