FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What's the worst football rumour you have ?

levis888

<h1 class="subject">What's the worst football rumour you have heard?</h1> Obviously it's funny season in the paper's with clubs being linked with copius amounts of players with very little or no truth in them. Anyway, what do you think was the worst ever rumour?

Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano to join West Ham. Everyone i know laughed it off when we read it...only to go home and find out it was true.

:ohmy:

Edited by ajsict92

When Barry Robson was captain of Utd some people seemed to think he would love a move back here. Also Non-ICT would be when someone said "Ronaldo and Baggio up for the hoops next season, believe it" to me sometime in the 90's. I think they ended up with Harald Brattbakk

When Barry Robson was captain of Utd some people seemed to think he would love a move back here.

There are people who believe that all our former players would love to move back.

Anyway, St Mirren fans thought they were signing Ronaldinho in the late 1990s.

Neil Warnock coming to manage ICT

Ossie Ardiles one took some beating too... ;)

But Ossie wasn't a Rumour. He did actually want to manage us!

Surely has to be David Trezeguet to Rangers rumour? I also remember seeing Rio Ferdinand linked with a loan move to Celtic or Rangers a few years back. Sure made me laugh.

Guest Mahonio

What about the ones where twice two managers with utterly horrible stints at their previous clubs were both linked to the ICT job one after the other? Oh no wait, those came true! :lol:

it isn't about how they do elsewhere though is it but yes Brew was crap here and elsewhere but Butch isn't doing to badly despite his record elsewhere :moon2:.

I thought the worst (read as funniest - there's a direct correllation here) rumour was the one a couple of summers ago where Barcelona's Bojan was going to go to Celtic on loan for an entire season.

That still cracks me up.

• 4 weeks later...

Caley = Champions of Europe

Caley beat Celtic, Celtic beat Man Utd, Man Utd beat AC Milan, AC Milan = current European Champions

so therefore

Caley = Champions of Europe.

Thats fact! :rolleyes:

Caley = World Champions

caley beat celtic, celtic beat liverpool, chelsea beat liverpool, barcelona beat chelsea, barcelona beat sau paulo.

:P