FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Best formations

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I was wondering if anyone, hopefully Renegade, would tell me what the best formation is for Football Manager 2010 because at every match i use the Boardroom advice and use the formation that my opponents struggle with when i am playing a match as Norwich (i resigned as manager of Colchester after i got thumped 4-0 by Notts County, i ain't popular at Colchester now after signing for their bitter rivals :ohmy::lol: ) and i use the 4-5-1 at Northern Ireland but struggle badly with it. I only beat Andorra 2-1 and lost a 2 goal lead against South Korea with 5mins to go, sound familiar?

I use a...

4-2-3-1 - Pretty much like ICT just now and think that works really well. I attack from the off at home and if i'm trying to hold a lead with 10 minutes to go will change to "Contain" If i'm after a goal in the last 10 minutes i either choose "overload" or Get balls forward, Using overload to early though can really tire your players out and you could end up losing goals so be careful.

Never listen to the Boardroom Advice, I did once with Notts County and lost 6-1 to Swindon. I'm always a fan of the simple 4-4-2 or the 4-1-2-2-1 with two wingers behind the striker and two centre midfielders, one who enjoys going forward and the other who sits back to help at the back. If I play with a defensive midfielder they have to have an excellent passing attribute.

I personally switch between a wide 4-3-3 and an attack minded 4-4-2/4-2-4, which is 4-4-2 with wingers and wing backs. Sometimes I go 5-3-2 but only against bigger teams. I don't think I've ever gone with one up front.

I managed to get ICT into the SPL, and am now being head hunted by Marsailles, Real Madrid, and a whole bunch of Mexican teams.

Edited by Renegade

The Backroom advice does work as long as your Assist Man/coaches have high stats. I have great coaches at Sochaux and they give me loads of help.

As for formations i switch between 4-4-2, 4-5-1 & 4-1-2-1-2; depends who im playing.

Use the touchlline instructions, but i believe that they are linked to your tactics so may not always get the result you need.

Check out this free to download tactics guide

http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/tactics-ebooks...al-theorems-10/

When i was highly rated manager of QPR and got them into the EPL ( :P ) i played this...

------------------1---------------GK

----------------------------------SW

----------4-----------5-----------CB

--3---------------------------2---FB

------------6-------7-------------DM

----------------------------------CM

----8-----------9-------------11--AM

----------------10----------------FC

I used to buy a few experianced players in their mid 30s and top it off with some good talent. I played Rebrov CAM and we was fantastic in the first season. Useless in the EPL though.