Merged: Racist abuse at TCS.

caley100

I for one will be waiting the outcome of this case as it reminds me of a thread not so long ago.

"English cvnts" "English w0nkers"

Pretty much along the same lines don't you think? If one is found to be racist by the courts then surely the other is? What do you think DornochCaley? The fact the County fan was charged is proof enough for me that it is not acceptable to use these expressions.

Do we really want to dig this up again? I have relatives who are English (I myself have an English grandfather), I have relatives who are gay. It is possible to call someone a poof or English poof without intending malice (banter?).

The fact that someone has been charged does dot prove anything. We do not know what was said and anyone implying it was a comment directed at Terry may be well off the mark (we have Irish players and Eric is also English).

You are of course correct, it is possible to say these things in a banter like fashion and if so are accepted as that. Unfortunately in the instance I am referring to, this was not the case. Given DC's rather well published views it was obvious that banter was the last thing on his mind.

But as you said maybe it should be left at that so I will not push it further. I just wanted to make my point, my work here is done.

Do you always have to have digs at me? Pretty pathetic as thats all it is.

But

I was born in England (Though i class myself as Scottish) and my Mother is English. But i don't see what all of you are moaning at if i am being honest. You complain that we are not allowed to call them Gypos, but now moan about some guy calling Butcher an "English ****".

Tea pot and Kettle (Or whatever that saying is)

Banter people. Banter. Its not as if he is saying he wants to kill all the English? Or rubbing the death of English people in Butchers face is it? I also have a wee feeling that when the guy shouted, he probably ment to highlight the word **** more than the English part. End of the day, Butcher is English, and he may well be a ****!

For the sake of peace, harmony and because I can't be f****d, I'm going to leave this alone.

Quite frankly, though, if the individual has been charged I would suggest it might be in CTOL's best interests to abandon this topic altogether pending an outcome.

I would agree, and for this reason, the thread will now be closed .... 'pending an outcome'.