FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Mascot?

The Hairy Highlander would be great if it is done as a man in a suit, no an actual man. If it is cartoony then it would work fine.

I was just assuming IHE would do it. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the problem is not what the mascot looks like, rather the boring effortless job he does. Maybe ICT should encourage their mascot to be more fun and entertaining, instead of just wandering around and waving at uninterested people. So, I hereby propose that ICT get an entertaining mascot like the old St Mirren one - Paisley Panda!

0,,10295~6517084,00.jpg

Apparently some of Paisley Panda's greatest episodes include playing banjo in front of the Morton fans, gesturing with an inflatable sheep to QOTS fans, using a Falkirk shirt as toilet paper and even giving birth to another panda before a televised game against Rangers! Come on ICT, give us a fun filled mascot and not a dull wandering thing!

If you've ever been to Craven Cottage, Billy the Badger is a bit of a controversial character. During a game once he was sent off to the stands by the ref for breakdancing on the pitch while a game was going on. He blamed the poor sight and hearing of badgers for not realising. He was also seen during a live match annoying Avram Grant when he was Chelsea manager (Grant not the Badger!) And during another game he walked across the face of the goal while the game was going on down the other end and none of the officials spotted it.

This is the sort of thing we need, not an oversized animal going for a leisurely stroll. Something like that could help raise the profile of the club.

I wonder if we at caleythistleonline could have our own mascot at the stadium? promoting the great online facilities that Don/Scotty provide for us fans.............just a thought.

If you've ever been to Craven Cottage, Billy the Badger is a bit of a controversial character. During a game once he was sent off to the stands by the ref for breakdancing on the pitch while a game was going on. He blamed the poor sight and hearing of badgers for not realising.

Now that is truly priceless, as is Renegade's info about the Paisley Panda! :lol:

Looks like we're being very short-changed in the Mascot department mocking.gif

Would appear to me that many people have great idea's and info on how a mascot should be but............................................dont see too many put themselves forward to be that mascot.

If you think you can do better than whats there already then feel free to volunteer.

anything but that boring Nessie article. I liked Caley cat - he seemed to have a bit of interaction with the fans.

Not the cat! What has a cat got to do with the club, Inverness or the surrounding area? At least Nessie was relevant. An eagle, a dolphin, Nessie, the Highlander...anything appropriate. But the cat is just a character with no attachment to Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

anything but that boring Nessie article. I liked Caley cat - he seemed to have a bit of interaction with the fans.

Not the cat! What has a cat got to do with the club, Inverness or the surrounding area? At least Nessie was relevant. An eagle, a dolphin, Nessie, the Highlander...anything appropriate. But the cat is just a character with no attachment to Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Have u never heard of the Highland wildcat? Fierce untameable creature. good role model

The cat was a design from schoolkids. ICaT

I know, but it's still a nothing character. Couldn't it be more relevant?

If you've ever been to Craven Cottage, Billy the Badger is a bit of a controversial character. During a game once he was sent off to the stands by the ref for breakdancing on the pitch while a game was going on. He blamed the poor sight and hearing of badgers for not realising. He was also seen during a live match annoying Avram Grant when he was Chelsea manager (Grant not the Badger!) And during another game he walked across the face of the goal while the game was going on down the other end and none of the officials spotted it.

This is the sort of thing we need, not an oversized animal going for a leisurely stroll. Something like that could help raise the profile of the club.

:lol:

I want one...

• 2 weeks later...

I know, but it's still a nothing character. Couldn't it be more relevant?

And a Panda is relevant to Paisley how? For one I'm pretty sure they don't share the animals inability to breed down that way.

Caley Cat kind of works in the alliteration sense but I see Nessie as more relevant. One of the most well known mythological beasts in the world to boot. An Eagle or Dolphin would be good representations of the area and it helps with an eagle being in the club badge. Hamish the Highlander would be great if they got the right person in the suit.

I reckon we should just have a big team of them.

I don't think it really has to be Nessie. A cat would work, as did the Panda at Paisley. What we do need is some consistency though. People need to know who the mascot is and the only way that is going to happen is for it to be at every home match and not just for 1 season. We need the mascot to stick in everyones mind, just like Paisley Panda, The Livi Lion and Broxi the Bear.

We need to pick a mascot and STICK with it! This issue comes up every year and it really shouldn't. The sooner we come up with a suitable mascot the better. Then after that there should be no changes.

That's got me thinking, for a club of ICT's age, there's been an awful lot of mascots. Off the top of my head -

• Angus the Stag
  • ICat
  • Nessie the Monster
  • Caley Croc
  • Johnny the Fox - lasted one game I believe

Bring back Angus I say. He was the best.