FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Women at ICT games

dougal

Got to admit i'm pleasantly surprised regarding the amount of women that attend the Caledonian stadium, i sit in the main stand normally and around about me there are usually quite a few, one or two are even quite pleasing on the eye

Before the snipers start firing i'm by no way saying this is a bad thing because i think it important the club welcomes everyone through the turnstyles despite the odd cringeworthy shout :notlistening:

Having said all that my partner hates football and the only time she's being in the stadium was for Elton John & Rod Stewart

You have to ask though do the majority really understand the game and its rules

Have ICT always had a large following of the female persuasion?

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

Got to admit i'm pleasantly surprised regarding the amount of women that attend the Caledonian stadium, i sit in the main stand normally and around about me there are usually quite a few, one or two are even quite pleasing on the eye

Before the snipers start firing i'm by no way saying this is a bad thing because i think it important the club welcomes everyone through the turnstyles despite the odd cringeworthy shout :notlistening:

Having said all that my partner hates football and the only time she's being in the stadium was for Elton John & Rod Stewart

Dougal

Quite a few would put some of the so-called male experts to shame

Like i said previously i like to see women at the football and to be honest i know of one or two who are very knowledgeable about our glorious game

There is a danger however if too many attend, what we don't want to create is a similar atmosphere too a Take That concert

Slightly off topic I notice Inverness play in the top flight of the womens scottish football league are they connected in anyway to ICT?

Dougal

• Disagree 5

Leave Dougal alone - He is merely a lonely, gay person who is getting in touch with his feminine side. His partner is a male blow up doll and he is not referring to female looks or knowledge of football - he is referring to their fashion and make up - becos you should understand that he is wearing something similar as he types away in his wee flat on Kinnairdie Brae.

One should have compassion with transexuals and not ridicule them. All power to ya Dougal Gudgie Cof.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

WARNING - PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THIS LINK IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED - I HAVE BEEN RELIABLY INFORMED THAT THIS COULD BE A REFERENCE TO THE REAL REASON THAT DOUGAL IS INFATIATED WITH WOMEN AND SITS AT THE FRONT OF THE MAIN STAND BESIDE THE STAIRWAY. :annoyed: :unsure:

The Real Dougal

• Disagree 1

Dougal

There used to be a far greater following of female fans but the numbers dwindled when David Bingham left.

WARNING - PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THIS LINK IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED - I HAVE BEEN RELIABLY INFORMED THAT THIS COULD BE A REFERENCE TO THE REAL REASON THAT DOUGAL IS INFATIATED WITH WOMEN AND SITS AT THE FRONT OF THE MAIN STAND BESIDE THE STAIRWAY. :annoyed: :unsure:

The Real Dougal

:rotflmao:

I like that IHE not a bad sense of humour considering you are a Celtic fan

• Agree 1

The Real Dougal

:rotflmao:

I like that IHE not a bad sense of humour considering you are a Celtic fan

Like most gay peeple ya have seen ma upper arm but not ma erse. :nanananana:

ICT fans of either gender are highly intelligent .... after all, we did choose to support ICT !!!!

I don't doubt for one minute they are not but you chose Celtic first unless i'm mistaken :unsure:

Think my wife knows more about football than I do. But then I can't even spell caley at times.

Yep i'd agree with that :biggrin:

Considering one was formed in 1888 and the other 1994 I can see why he'd have chosen celtic first. Many ICT fans did but then saw the light.

Dougal you ask many questions.....many of which, if you spent a few minutes looking in the archives of this site, you could find the answers for yourself.

As to Inverness Ladies FC, they were once affiliated to the club but some sort of fallout resulted in them breaking ties.

Finally, with reference to too many women creating an atmosphere like a Take That concert would that not still be better than no crowds and no atmosphere.

oh dear

Naelifts, I'm glad you posted that before I saw this post, what a complete load of trash this post is and can't believe so many have even graced it with a response.

Dougal, seriously start thinking about what you post as you're in danger of being alienated from here with some of the crap you post. A large majority of ICT fans are female and who cares, maybe you go through the turnstile that says 'male only' but last time I looked a very large proportion of fans are female and not just at ICT!!!!

How can we promote the game to more people when sexist views like like this are always on show, thanks god you're not on the SFA committee that is promoting the game to families across the whole spectrum of football to try and encourage bigger gates etc. I'd hate to hear what you would say during that.

• Agree 1